Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Three

Oh my! Daddy! Maybe he's still alive! :cry_happy:

You're right, he might not be a ghost at all, he may just be trapped in an alternate dimension, one that opens with the rare coming of the red moon! I've got a feeling that things are about to get a little bumpy around here, and unless we want to end up like that, we'd better figure out what's going on and deal with it. Maybe we can save him in the process!

A ghost! *screams*

Oh, wait, nothing to worry about.

Hey there dude, I have some questions for you:

1. How did you die?

2. Are you trapped in an alternate demension?

3. Does the Red Moon have anything to do with your appearance?

4. What's the capital of Arizona?

Thanks so much for taking me here, father! I'm having a great time!

Coming from my son who didn't want to leave his mommy to come anywhere with his daddy...

Coming from my son who didn't want to leave his mommy to come anywhere with his daddy...

Don't say that!

God told me that both of us have always wanted to come here, and we have, and we are, so try to have a better attitude, father, please!

You're making me upset... :cry_sad:

You know what, I think I'll go over and step on the tile marked on the map with a 1 now, to see if it at least makes a satisfying click or not.

*Ingrid steps on the stone tile marked "1" and again hears a satisfying click, although it doesn't make anything happen. She has a good idea of having two other people step on the stones marked "2" in succession. If only she could find two people to help her.*

Well, it looks like I have found something too. Another Piece of paper...

Can I look at the paper I have found and see what is written on it

*Penny picks up the paper and reads it:

"...a cellMate knew open sex.

_ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ."

Half of the paper appears to be missing.*

I'd like to put all of the blocks in L-shapes on the ground like this:

4295510942_21f325cf41_o.jpg

*Jack chooses a random place on the floor to place the stones:

chapter_03_10.jpg

Nothing happens.*

Or one in each alcove along the wall like this:

4294765555_04da51824e_o.jpg

*There are not enough stones to put a pattern in each alcove. Which alcove would you like to choose?*

I also think it's a good idea to light the torches while the statues are holding them. For whatever reason. I'd like to do that.

*It is a good idea. Perhaps that's why Fred Thomas already did it. You try to light them again anyway, annoying Fred who smartly only used one match to light all three in order to conserve matches. You just wasted one despite his efforts.*

Oh my! Daddy! Maybe he's still alive! :cry_happy:

*Is he pointing at something maybe? Or is he just standing there?* :hmpf:

*I want to light the torches*

*That is a good idea. Perhaps that's why Fred Thomas already did it. You try to light them again anyway, annoying Fred who smartly only used one match to light all three in order to conserve matches. Now, since Jack did the same thing, you have just both completely wasted his efforts.*

I'm tired of just looking at the apparition. I'm going to go try and touch it. If it's tangible, I'd like to move it to the position where the fourth statue should be, put this new torch that seems to have appeared on the floor in his hand, light it and then move all the statues into the same position that he is standing in (slightly bent forward with one arm reaching forward holding a lit torch). If it's not tangible I would like to run away screaming.

*Fred Thomas tries to touch the apparition. His hand goes right through and he becomes very very cold. It takes him a while to stop shaking.*

"Why have you come to the material world? Who or what has summoned you to this place? Can you communicate with us? Knock three times if you can hear us. Have you been to Grave Stone?

If not, simply move this pencil across the floor. (throws down MOTEE Survey pencil to the ground watching intently)

I also have this fork which you may bend if you can hear us... (ping)

Or this small Websters' Book of Witty Quotes of which you can blow the pages. (throws book to the floor)

*The group hears three knocks.*

*The pencil rises off the floor and floats in mid air.*

*The fork is bent in a perfect circle.*

*The books pages are flipped through.*

*However, the ghost does not speak to Johnson. He hovers near Siegourney instead.*

*The pencil continues to float in the air.*

Whispers to Spirit: If you must take one of us, please let it be one of the women (esp. the Bull Dykes). :sick:

*Johnson reveals his fear of women who can beat him up.*

A ghost! *screams*

Oh, wait, nothing to worry about.

Hey there dude, I have some questions for you:

1. How did you die?

2. Are you trapped in an alternate demension?

3. Does the Red Moon have anything to do with your appearance?

4. What's the capital of Arizona?

*Sandy gets no answers*

*Ingrid steps on the stone tile marked "1" and again hears a satisfying click, although it doesn't make anything happen. She has a good idea of having two other people step on the stones marked "2" in succession. If only she could find two people to help her.*

Sure, I'll help. I'd like to step on one of the "2" stones.

*Penny picks up the paper and reads it:

Half of the paper appears to be missing.*

Eh? What in the name of... ?

*Jack chooses a random place on the floor to place the stones:

How about the altar then? I'd like to place the stones in that pattern on top of the 3x3 altar in the center of the room.

*There are not enough stones to put a pattern in each alcove. Which alcove would you like to choose?*

Hmm... the back right one with the dark grey bricks in them, I suppose... ah... never mind. I already tried that.

*It is a good idea. Perhaps that's why Fred Thomas already did it. You try to light them again anyway, annoying Fred who smartly only used one match to light all three in order to conserve matches. You just wasted one despite his efforts.*

How many are left?

*Is he pointing at something maybe? Or is he just standing there?* :hmpf:

Maybe Sig oughta do something...

Wait, what's that on the floor, there? I'd like to pick up that torch...

I'd like to ignore the so-called spirit. In my many years of living, I've learned to accept that these sort of things are a figment of the imagination, caused by the thought of you wanting to see it. Eh, no such thing, just smoke and mirrors. Hmph.

Sure, I'll help. I'd like to step on one of the "2" stones.

*Only one more person is needed to try out this new idea.*

How about the altar then? I'd like to place the stones in that pattern on top of the 3x3 altar in the center of the room.

*Nothing happens.*

Hmm... the back right one with the dark grey bricks in them, I suppose... ah... never mind. I already tried that.

*Good idea. Jack stacks the... what? ... never mind? ... OK. Never mind.*

How many are left?

*Three.*

Wait, what's that on the floor, there? I'd like to pick up that torch...

*Jack notices a fourth torch on the ground and picks it up.*

*Only one more person is needed to try out this new idea.*

I'll Help.

*stops hiding behind William and walks over to the other tile and stands on it*

*Good idea. Jack stacks the... what? ... never mind? ... OK. Never mind.*

But, but... alright, how about I put the swastika pattern blocks vertically in that alcove. Yeah, I'd like to do that.

I'm gonna get me 100 Nazi scalps for this!

*Jack notices a fourth torch on the ground and picks it up.*

Quick! Someone step on the other "2" tile! I have a feeling of what's going to happen next...

I'll Help.

*stops hiding behind William and walks over to the other tile and stands on it*

*Ingrid steps on the stone marked "1." A second later Diana and Jack step on the stones marked "2."*

*The stone tiles still make the clicking noise, but nothing else happens.*

But, but... alright, how about I put the swastika pattern blocks vertically in that alcove. Yeah, I'd like to do that.

*No really. You said never mind. You don't have to try it if you don't want to.*

*No really. You said never mind. You don't have to try it if you don't want to.*

Not really what? I'd like to try it. Please? I want to try it.

...make excellent weapons? If only we knew had the other half of the paper. What make excellent weapons?

*That is a good idea. Perhaps that's why Fred Thomas already did it. You try to light them again anyway, annoying Fred who smartly only used one match to light all three in order to conserve matches. Now, since Jack did the same thing, you have just both completely wasted his efforts.*

Hey! Why'd you two go and waste matches?! *Sticks matchbook down his pants so no one else can use the remaining three foolishly*

Edited by fallentomato

Not really what? I'd like to try it. Please? I want to try it.

*OK fine...

chapter_03_10.jpg

There isn't enough room in the alcove height-wise and too much space width-wise...*

diesel.jpg

"I'm not much of a puzzle guy, but I think there has to be a reason there are some stones that are smooth and others that have that "stud" exposed.

DJ, honey, stay close. That apparition might be up to no good. And your Dad is right, that statue is something awful. It gives me a real bad feeling too..."

...make excellent weapons? If only we knew had the other half of the paper. What make excellent weapons?

*That solution is correct.*

Hey! Why'd you two go and waste matches?! *Sticks matchbook down his pants so no one else can use the remaining three foolishly*

*Perhaps that matchbook has other uses currently...* :wink:

There isn't enough room in the alcove height-wise and too much space width-wise...

Hmm... what to do now... Let's see, I want to put the 3x3 (plus tiles, so maybe a little more) swastika in the far right alcove in the back of the room:

chapter_03_05.jpg

... notice how that alcove is the only one missing a tan arch. What does this mean? I don't know, but it's hurting my head. Maybe one of you younger folks can figure it out.

"I'm not much of a puzzle guy, but I think there has to be a reason there are some stones that are smooth and others that have that "stud" exposed.

Yeah, that too..

*That solution is correct.*

Boy, that youngster is a sharp one. How did you know the answer, my boy?

*Perhaps that matchbook has other uses currently...* :wink:

I'd like to put the torch in the eyehook.

Hmm... what to do now... Let's see, I want to put the 3x3 (plus tiles, so maybe a little more) swastika in the far right alcove in the back of the room:

*That is the one you tried. The pattern is 4 x 4 the way you built it and the alcove seems to be 5 x 5.*

I'd like to put the torch in the eyehook.

*They will not hook together.*

*That is the one you tried. The pattern is 4 x 4 the way you built it and the alcove seems to be 5 x 5.*

Sorry, I was talking to myself for the others' advantage. It wasn't a request.

*They will not hook together.*

Then we'll need another statue...

*Looks at matchbook to see if there is anything written on it. And then reads it aloud in a booming voice*

"mobs shifT nice vote...

_ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ..."

Yo folks, forgive me if this has already been said, but look at the skeleton or statue at the center of the room, the white fellow. Does it look like it's a little off to you? The tail is to the side, and the head is also not attached correctly. Can we can to reset the tail back to a straighter position, and canwe then move the head until it's someohw connected to the body. I think that would mean moving the head a little more to the right, if we're looking from where we entered.

"mobs shifT nice vote...

_ _ _ | _ _ _ _ | _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ..."

The town in trouble?

The town in trouble?

*Incorrect.*

May I take a photo of the shade. I would like to see if anything changes from person to person.

*You do not have a camera.*

And if the alcove is 5x5, then the bricks in a 4x4 formation should fit. Yeah, I'm fairly certain the tan bricks go there.

I'd like to see if that bottom dark grey thing can move at the bottom of the right alcove.