How do you rate this set?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Good
    • Outstanding

Really good review of a brilliant set. Can't wait until I order mine. Your pictures are excellent and your views are good. :thumbup::thumbup:

Just finished building this set and i can just conclude that I really dont think that any fan of star wars lego who actually bought and built this set would complain about anything. Its a varied and fun build, it got som play-fautures but nothing to gimmicky, and first and foremost, it looks frikin awsome and is even somewhat swooshable. Theres extensive greebling (for a official set) and no stickers what so ever. The only cons for my part, is that i also got the chocolate-fondant hair and that the price is a bit steep (Mind you i live in sweden and payed TWICE the US-price. TWICE!!!1 So dont come moaning about overpricing, mkay?)

I like the reveiw. I was not going to buy this set but the pictures convinced me that this set is a must have.

I got the melted chocolate fondant Leia hair too - has anyone in the US received it or is this a Europe/ rest of world error?

I'm in CA and just finished building mine. I got the melted leia hair too. I love the set, though i was a bit dissapointed by the lack of landing gear.

When I got the Death Star I had the same issue with the double bun looking like a chocolate fudge. I don't understand why LEGO quality control can't pick this problem up as it is been happening for a long time. I just bought 10198 and checked Liea's hair and this time its a good mould.

Anyway great review and excellent photos. I've made the Republic Cruiser and I think this new set looks alot better. The details on the outside are superior and the inside detail is all right. It is certainly a step up from the Republic Cruiser interior design work. In addition the cockpit is a lot better than the Cruiser.

Overall I'm glad I bought the 10198 and look forward to a good build

I got mine today.

My first observation - the box is heavy!

I am excited about building it but just won't get time until Christmasn :thumbdown:

At least it's something to look forward to.

So no China?

No, it do not mention china.

I finished building mine yesterday, I love It, I also got a normal Leia hair, not the chocolate fondant style... :cry_happy::classic::sweet:

So it just says Components made in Denmark, Hungary, and the Czech Republic, right?

Much appreciated, Thank you very much.

Looks to be a pretty good set with incredibel details but i'm going to wait a bit for this set to go on sale as the price is just outrageous here in Canada.

I got the smooth chocolate version of leia's hair too in my deathstar which I built last week.

Very disappointing. :sceptic:

Edited by green dewback

If anyone doesn't want their "chocolate" Leia hair, I'd be happy to buy or trade for it! I have normal Leia hair to trade and other stuff. Please shoot me a PM!

I just won this at the SweBrick Event in Fagersta and I can't wait to get building :wub:

Just wanted to share my happines :grin:

I just won this at the SweBrick Event in Fagersta and I can't wait to get building :wub:

What??? I spent 2000 sek for mine! shipping included. I didn't even know about that event! :cry_sad:

Edited by filip skywalker

Lucky man :classic: !

This set looks awesome (as far as a Pirates lover can say this).

What??? I spent 2000 sek for mine! shipping included. I didn't even know about that event! :cry_sad:

Didn't I told you in your presentation topic to become a member on swebrick.se?

Make sure to register now so you don't miss out on anything else LEGO-related in Sweden. :wink:

Didn't I told you in your presentation topic to become a member on swebrick.se?

Make sure to register now so you don't miss out on anything else LEGO-related in Sweden. :wink:

I think I am a member there... I really must visit that site more often... :look:

:blush: I finally got around to building this and sadly I am a little disappointed.

It's a great build and it was supposed to be the century build of an iconic ship and maybe that's what went wrong for me.

I was so happy with this finally being released in system scale, that when I finally got it build it was nothing more than a regular Star Wars set.

Everytime I pick it up or try to move it - something comes off :sceptic:

Isn't this meant to be played with? If I wanted a UCS, then I'd just get the UCS RBR from the attic.

It's still a pretty good set and it beats a lot of other SW sets by far - I was just too exicted.....

I recently finished building mine, I was glad to get all those trans clear pieces, which I quickly swaped out for plain white, I got chocolate fondant Leia hair as well, and my Leia hair is always wobbly, Is this normal, or is my lego flawed?

:blush: I finally got around to building this and sadly I am a little disappointed.

It's a great build and it was supposed to be the century build of an iconic ship and maybe that's what went wrong for me.

I was so happy with this finally being released in system scale, that when I finally got it build it was nothing more than a regular Star Wars set.

Isn't this meant to be played with? If I wanted a UCS, then I'd just get the UCS RBR from the attic.

It's still a pretty good set and it beats a lot of other SW sets by far - I was just too exicted.....

I somewhat felt the same way. For the ultimate set of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars Legos, it didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good set and I'm glad I got it. But I've got mine displayed next to the Republic Cruiser, which was just another ship Lego released, and there's honestly nothing in the Tantive IV that sets it apart from the Radiant VII model.

Where do you pick it up? I use one hand with the wheel thing opposite to the radar. Put that in my first and hold the Technic beams. I should take a pic of my hand on it. The "handle" I hold on to will sometimes become loose but I don't have things falling off. The side fins are loose and will fall off if I hold it elsewhere. I can tell you more about my experiences with it but don't want to spam up this thread with it.

I am really disappointed with the mini-figs in this set. While Captain Antilles is cool, Lego really should have included a Darth Vader and Stormtrooper.