KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Everyone's so hyped about tauntauns. What's the deal? Bloody camelmonster thingy. Maybe throw in a wampa. That would be nice. What I'm reaaly into is the Mon Cal cruiser and the Venator. It seems they'll be similar to the 2006 ISD set. I have a feeling the Venator's going to kill the Mon Cal because it seems to be much more expensive.

Everyone's so hyped about tauntauns. What's the deal? Bloody camelmonster thingy. Maybe throw in a wampa. That would be nice. What I'm reaaly into is the Mon Cal cruiser and the Venator. It seems they'll be similar to the 2006 ISD set. I have a feeling the Venator's going to kill the Mon Cal because it seems to be much more expensive.

The Mon Cal is meant to be HUGE. It CAN'T be. There's no way they'll make a set big enough to put the Millennium Falcon on, unless they're awesome, and make it like the Death Star set, with a semi mini/whatever sized TIE fighter.

What I'm really hoping for (though I doubt it will happen,) in the Venator is a giant Mini, stock full with mini LAAT's and maybe room enough for a few characters. Though I know it'll be made the way the Star Destroyer was.

Oh well, good enoguh for me, as long as there are GOOD minifigs.

First post has been updated with this:

senatelego.jpg

Are these the promised Senate Commandos?

Yes I think they are.

Will we be getting some?

Yes I believe we are in the "Venator"

First post has been updated with this:

senatelego.jpg

Are these the promised Senate Commandos?

Yes I think they are.

Will we be getting some?

Yes I believe we are in the "Venator"

My pictures! my pictures are in the topic! Hoorah! :tongue:

We though that the Venator would have these, but we couldn't know. Now this confirms that, Venator or not, they will definitely be in a set next summer.

The Mon Cal is meant to be HUGE. It CAN'T be. There's no way they'll make a set big enough to put the Millennium Falcon on, unless they're awesome,

i wonder if that's why there's a rumored new mini MF in 09 for $60.

i always wondered why they released another MF when the UCS MF just came out in 07...

but if we are going to get Mon Cal playset in 09, it would make sense to get a mini MF to fit in there. :tongue: in that case, i just might buy the mini MF then. was thinking of skipping that set. :thumbup:

My pictures! my pictures are in the topic! Hoorah! :tongue:

We though that the Venator would have these, but we couldn't know. Now this confirms that, Venator or not, they will definitely be in a set next summer.

huh? EB is not official lego site, nor is kimt an official lego spokeperson. i don't get why that changes anything? what confirmed the SC will be in a set?

then how do you explain the new cows?
Yeah, that was what I was thinking, too.

In case someone haven´t seen it, here is a comparison pic:

market11.jpg

:tongue:

The cows look "fake" enough, at least to me... I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but I still think that that particular taun-taun is fake/ custom.

And if BS didn't remove it themselves... then it might not be real! :oh:

Time for your whacking! Also.. we still have the mystery of the mumbling member! :tongue: Wow those are some harsh words! :laugh:

That puts us back at square 1, unless some Wave 2 pics show up.

I wasn't aware that we were playing a mafia game... :wacko::tongue:

If he is on the Clone Wars video game, i think its safe to say he has a chance of showing up on the show.

...and even if he doesn't appear in the show, I think he still has a chance at being a fig in a Summer '09 set. The Rouge Shadow was based off of a video game, so more sets could be, too. :classic:

i wonder if that's why there's a rumored new mini MF in 09 for $60.

i always wondered why they released another MF when the UCS MF just came out in 07...

but if we are going to get Mon Cal playset in 09, it would make sense to get a mini MF to fit in there. :tongue: in that case, i just might buy the mini MF then. was thinking of skipping that set. :thumbup:

huh? EB is not official lego site, nor is kimt an official lego spokeperson. i don't get why that changes anything? what confirmed the SC will be in a set?

Because that's an official picture! :tongue: Straight from Brickmaster.

...and even if he doesn't appear in the show, I think he still has a chance at being a fig in a Summer '09 set. The Rouge Shadow was based off of a video game, so more sets could be, too. :classic:

Very true...

I think its possible hopefully if they do they'll at least make it look good.

I don't wan't another dukoos pilot droid speical :hmpf:

Very true...

I think its possible hopefully if they do they'll at least make it look good.

I don't wan't another dukoos pilot droid speical :hmpf:

If you read Wookiepedia, that character is so unimportant that the biographical information was "Anakin fought it at a droid factory. It lost." I bet you an [iMAGINARY] nickel that it isn't that droid.

Oh, and by the way it's Dooku. :tongue:

that plus ten dollars :wink: remember they like to overprice EVERYTHING :tongue: Anyway..

I am really looking forward to this Echo base thing :cry_happy: I'm guessing it will some how attach to the previous echobase? Pretty dissapointed that they didnt include Luke though :hmpf_bad: Also that Snail droid sounds great, especially if it is improved from the old one which was pretty good :thumbup:

I dont know about you, But I would'nt really want a Luke in a BP even though you can NEVER have enough Luke's [Especially if your sigfig uses the same head as Luke]

But yea I doubt that they would put a Luke in....

Hoth BP ON :thumbup::cry_happy:

What? The MF is supposed to fit in the Mon Cal cruiser? I heard that it was mid-scale, like the OT edition. If that's the case, there is no way of them fitting together 9in terms of scale.)

What? The MF is supposed to fit in the Mon Cal cruiser? I heard that it was mid-scale, like the OT edition. If that's the case, there is no way of them fitting together 9in terms of scale.)

it's smaller than the ot edition that's for sure....just look at the price tag. $60 vs $100. dont think the mfs are worth $40 to make.

I did not suggest the MF will fit on the Mon Cal cruiser! I highly highly doubt that too. They were making the MF BEFORE they were making the Mon Cal cruiser. So they couldn't. Plus, if it's 60 bucks it'll be almost as big as the Mon Cal cruiser if it's full of huge pieces!

:sceptic: I just don't get it why would Lego lower the Falcons price to 60 if its going to be as big as the old one. Although I do agree with some of you that it will be small and a bit bigger than mini, sort of like Vaders Tie in the Death Star.

Does anyone just happen to know how many pieces the first Corporate Alliance Tank Droid had? I am actually looking forward to this set, and would like to see if the first one would be comparable (in size and design) to the one coming out later this year.

Does anyone just happen to know how many pieces the first Corporate Alliance Tank Droid had? I am actually looking forward to this set, and would like to see if the first one would be comparable (in size and design) to the one coming out later this year.

From what we have heard there the same except the new ones more grey.

Hope it helped.

:sceptic: I just don't get it why would Lego lower the Falcons price to 60 if its going to be as big as the old one. Although I do agree with some of you that it will be small and a bit bigger than mini, sort of like Vaders Tie in the Death Star.

You know, that's actually a very good theory. It could be like the Vader's TIE in the DS play set: not quite full size, but big enough to fit a minifigure in it. A mid-scale MF wouldn't be nearly as good as a full-scale one, but we'll juts have to wait and see. :classic:

You know, that's actually a very good theory. It could be like the Vader's TIE in the DS play set: not quite full size, but big enough to fit a minifigure in it. A mid-scale MF wouldn't be nearly as good as a full-scale one, but we'll juts have to wait and see. :classic:

I like the idea of a mid-scale Falcon. I was always too scared to swoosh the old one...

I would guess a bit above 200 pieces maybe.

CopMike

Hmm..how big would the Venator be..I'm looking forward to pictures for summer 2009 sets. I hope there will be lots of mini LAAT's and V-19's in it. And I heard there was coming a Snowtrooper BP, does anyone know more about this?

Hmm..how big would the Venator be..I'm looking forward to pictures for summer 2009 sets. I hope there will be lots of mini LAAT's and V-19's in it. And I heard there was coming a Snowtrooper BP, does anyone know more about this?

The new Hoth set coming out will most likely be a larger version of a BP, and will include both Snowtroopers and rebel troopers. I have not heard anything about just a Snowtrooper set.

I think the blue senate clones seen in the comic and in the TV episode will just be blue normal blue clone troopers with possibly a slightly different printed visor. As for the Snowtrooper BP I think it will come with not just Snowies but rebels as well similar to the new Pirate set Cannon battle 6239 which also came with a little bit of scenery. However i think it will come with at least 2 of each soldier unlike 6239.

Edited by Skipper 24

Well, gentlemen! ) Today i managed to have a look at the new Trade Catalogue of 2009! )

So, what can I say? )

The sets are awesome! ) :thumbup:

Separatist Shuttle.

A classic neimoidian shuttle in gray and blue. Comes with 3 BD, nute Gunray and that guy with Greedo's face from the CW serial. The ruler of that planet.... ) Can't remember the name now. :thumbup:

Venator.

Indeed, only 5 minis. Palpatine, 2 senate commandos and two clones. :sceptic:

Tank Droid.

All dark gray, with 2 jet troopers. Looks to small and short.... hm, hope it'll be revised.... :hmpf_bad:

Endor.

The bunker. Smaller version of AT-ST (looks awesome!). 2 ewoks, 2 scout troopers, Han, Leia, death Star trooper. Will be a limited edition, exclusive set. :classic:

Any questions, while I still remember? ) :laugh:

Edited by The Penguin