JanetVanD

[MOC] Plant Monster Invasion

Evil, alien plant monsters havplant_monster_invasion___front_view_by_janetvand-dbh91s3.jpg.f033f69565586a0f50dcde016b0313b1.jpge erupted from the streets in the centre of town! Minifigures run in terror as maelevolent vines and tendrils burst through windows and invade buildings! But never fear, our trusty friends, the DC Superheros, are rushing to the rescue!

Many elements came together (literally!) to form this ensemble work. Architecture, organic forms, pop culture, high drama and humour are combined in a fun way to make you smile and, hopefully, with enough detail to keep you looking for a long while. It is meant to be viewed from all sides, so to get lots more detail, please go to my gallery and click on the folder option on the left-hand side of the page: 

http://janetvand.deviantart.com/gallery/

The entire display is comprised of 19,941 pieces and took just under three months to build. It is making its debut at the BRICK Live show in London next week.

Credit for the minifigure placement and various superhero scenarios goes to my son, Faolán, whose attention to detail and quirky sense of humour brought the finished model to life.

Edited by JanetVanD
no image

That looks pretty awesome. Any chance to get some higher resolution images to take a look at the details? :)

5 hours ago, peedeejay said:

That looks pretty awesome. Any chance to get some higher resolution images to take a look at the details? :)

I completely agree. It looks amazing, so having only a low-res picture is actually a mild form of torture :wink:

Wow, that has a lot of detail and entertaining sections.  Looks like Poison Ivy has some competition!

11 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Actually, I have hi-res images but don't know how to upload them properly. If I try to add something with the "choose files" option, I'm told max allowed is 40.96kb. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

21 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

Actually, I have hi-res images but don't know how to upload them properly. If I try to add something with the "choose files" option, I'm told max allowed is 40.96kb. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

You have to share your pictures through a picture hosting service like Flickr, Brickshelf, etc. and deeplink them in your posts.  Eurobricks.com does not support hosting images in general.