Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

Redcoats vs Bluecoats Chess

MOD of the LEGO 40158 Pirates Chess Set to Redcoats versus Bluecoats. It seems like a logical chess set to do.

31121825742_9e1f493f8e_c.jpgRedcoats vs Bluecoats Chess by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

I limited myself to use only parts I had in my collection. No Bricklinks were harmed in the making of this chess game.

chess1.jpg

Let the Tournament of Retribution commence. :classic:

This looks amazing! I really wish lego would have made this! Great MOC :pir-wink:

Sorry for the question - did you see in LEGO ideas my Pirate battle island?  It was accepted twice but then rejected when I resubmitted it. Ixcluding the towers our chess look alike very much. And I will certainly support you if it is in LEGO ideas.

3 hours ago, azog said:

This looks amazing! I really wish lego would have made this! Great MOC :pir-wink:      I quite agree with you.

You DO know redcoats look way more serious and superior in that rendition of the pirate chess set of yours, dont' you? :tongue: 

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

You DO know redcoats look way more serious and superior in that rendition of the pirate chess set of yours, dont' you? :tongue: 

Yeah, but notice that the blues have an actual woman for their queen.  That's because the blues are inherently sexier :wink:

On a serious note, though, I think it would be slightly better if the blues all had red shoulderboards, except for their officer, who should have gold.

On 11/27/2016 at 2:11 AM, azog said:

This looks amazing! I really wish lego would have made this! Great MOC :pir-wink:

Thanks.  I wish LEGO did too.  As a fan of LEGO trains, some times you gotta do things yourself instead of waiting and waiting for LEGO.  :classic:

On 11/27/2016 at 5:22 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Sorry for the question - did you see in LEGO ideas my Pirate battle island?  It was accepted twice but then rejected when I resubmitted it. Ixcluding the towers our chess look alike very much. And I will certainly support you if it is in LEGO ideas.

I believe I've seen your chess set in the Pirate MOC forum over the summer.  I think you should to try a different marketing tactic of your Ideas.  The successful 10K LEGO Ideas made use of many different avenues of promotion.  If you aren't doing it already, try to get popular bloggers, news stations, YouTubers, social networks, etc. to help spread the word about you. You need to reach outside of the LEGO fan base community because Pirates isn't all that big when you think about it.  Perhaps, doing something on International Speak Like a Pirate Day to generate interest.  Maybe pirate cosplay people might interested in your chess Ideas.  Be creative.

On 11/27/2016 at 6:41 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Hmm, I wonder which side I played in the last Eurobrick's Pirates Forum Tournament of Retribution.  :laugh:

On 11/27/2016 at 9:10 PM, Cousarmy0001 said:

Yeah, but notice that the blues have an actual woman for their queen.  That's because the blues are inherently sexier :wink:

On a serious note, though, I think it would be slightly better if the blues all had red shoulderboards, except for their officer, who should have gold.

The Reds have a short sassy haired queen. Some like long, some like short.  :wink:  

It would have been nice if LEGO included those epaulettes with their chess set along with shakos.  I can live with the Bluecoats being not as well dressed as the Redcoats.  :laugh:

18 hours ago, chofus said:

Pawn to D5! Awesome creation

Thanks.  :classic: