Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

This thread is for discussing newly released sets and image confirmation of new, upcoming sets.

• Anyone may add set news that they can confirm with a legitimate image or source.
    • If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.
  • Treat each other with respect. No fighting.
  • Once set images have come out, you may discuss how the film/tv/media material will translate into LEGO in this topic.
  • Discussion about upcoming sets with no official images, potential sets or wishlists belong in the general Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread.  This includes discussion about what you hope the set is and what it looks like before images are released.
  • Discussion solely about the story, character, and other movie related information belong in the relevant movie topic in the Culture & Media Forum.

71042 The Silent Mary

199.99 USD

32155253223_8ec443281c_b.jpg

Full description:

This highly detailed Lego model with over 2,200 pieces features a hinged bow section, opening skeleton hull with decay and destruction detailing, movable rudder, collapsible main mast and two further masts, long bowsprit with crow’s nest and mast, tattered sails, detailed quarterdeck, plus a rowboat with two oars and an array of weapons and accessory elements. This model provides a rewarding build and play experience, and the integrated stand makes it suitable for display… Includes eight minifigures: Captain Jack Sparrow, Henry, Carina, Lieutenant Lesaro, Captain Salazar, Officer Magda, Officer Santos and the Silent Mary Masthead.

See the designer video:

41593 Captain Jack Sparrow and 41594 Captain Armando Salazar

Subtheme: BrickHeadz

large.potc_brickheadz.jpg.4b9eb7a8b9de5c

Captain Jack Sparrow
Set No. 41593
9.99 USD/EU

Captain Salazar
Set No. 41594 
9.99 USD/EU

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Hadn't noticed his little beard before, clever!

Nawww I didn't notice that either :grin: Also the eye liner is a really nice touch! These are shaping up really well! 

I am dividing the discussion for the POTC theme differently than other Rumor and Discussion Topics. The divide is according to when images for the sets are released, see below.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, Phred said:

This thread is for discussing newly released sets and image confirmation of new, upcoming sets.

• Anyone may add set news that they can confirm with a legitimate image or source.
    • If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.
  • Treat each other with respect. No fighting.
  • Once set images have come out, you may discuss how the film/tv/media material will translate into LEGO in this topic.
  • Discussion about upcoming sets with no official images, potential sets or wishlists belong in the general Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread.  This includes discussion about what you hope the set is and what it looks like before images are released.
  • Discussion solely about the story, character, and other movie related information belong in the relevant movie topic in the Culture & Media Forum.

32 minutes ago, Phred said:

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here.

But the incredibly blurry image we do have is NOT a leak. its parts of lego's official marketing.

blurred-LEGO-Dead-Men-Tell-No-Tales-e148

Edited by deskp

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

But the incredibly blurry image we do have is NOT a leak. its parts of lego's official marketing.

I believe that the remark was a general rule from Phred given that most leaks are either blurry or have a confidential logo and often blurry images provide no information.

In this case the incredibly blurry image is official and released in an official capacity by the calendar image for March, HOWEVER, with NYTF coming up shortly and the official unvieling of the set so close i expect it was not reposted here because we'll get a better image.

We have'nt really been able to decipher much from the blurry image other than it being a ship so, by Phred's comments, discusson for the set would be in the other thread until we get a non-blurry image then it'd be discussed here.

23 minutes ago, deskp said:

That text is directly from the Site Guidelines.  :pir-wink: 
The purpose of the proposed guidance is to keep all speculative and wishful discussion in the General POTC Topic.  When we know what the set looks like with official images, the discussion belongs here.

Since we are uncertain what the ship looks like, I would like to discuss that image in the General POTC Topic. :thumbup: 

26 minutes ago, Space Police XVIII said:

Captain Jack Sparrow With Bacon

I kind of like it.

I can't get that out of my head now! :grin:

so we have got Bacon Sparrow and Salazar Sauce. Sorry about the pun!

10 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Anyone else notice that Salazar only has one ear.... 

I didn't notice that before. Interesting. I guess he is a ghost so he must've got his eating cut off before he died? Or maybe it just fell off. Beats me

1 hour ago, azog said:

I didn't notice that before. Interesting. I guess he is a ghost so he must've got his eating cut off before he died? Or maybe it just fell off. Beats me

Unsure the reasoning, but seems accurate to the film portrayal (In regards to the lack of an ear)
rs-pirates-of-the-caribbean-d798238e-4eb

Edit;
1000th post, woop :P

Edited by Scarilian

21 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Unsure the reasoning, but seems accurate to the film portrayal (In regards to the lack of an ear)
rs-pirates-of-the-caribbean-d798238e-4eb

I wonder how there going to make salazar as a minifigure. I can almost guarantee you he will have a new hair mold. Also is anyone else wonder I what Jack sparrow will look like? The original one back in 2011 looked really good with the hair mold and the printing. I don't know if they can make him much better. Also congratulations Scarilian for getting 1,000 posts!

1 minute ago, azog said:

I wonder how there going to make salazar as a minifigure. I can almost guarantee you he will have a new hair mold. Also is anyone else wonder I what Jack sparrow will look like? The original one back in 2011 looked really good with the hair mold and the printing. I don't know if they can make him much better. Also congratulations Scarilian for getting 1,000 posts!

Thanks :3 We should find out in two days or so. Ghost characters are going to be interesting, one from the trailer is invisible except for a hat. Brickheadz may give us an idea of what they are going for though as most of them are similar to the minifigures we get.

I'm assuming the pictures will release tomorrow...I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new set! Waiting for a month will be torture. I just really hope we get all the main characters and some crew members for the ship, and hopefully that ghost bird from the trailer. 

8 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doctor Who

This is a topic about POTC Sets not Dr. Who.  You have already been asked to stop bringing it up, again and again, in every forum. 

Please discuss desires for minifigures and hopes for new set images in the General POTC Topic.

I love the printed tiles in both of them. I might actually get them both just for the pieces. Like the mixels. 

I especially like the forehead piece in the Salazar pirate.