Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

34 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Id be ok if they didnt include black panther and ant man in infinity war sets as they will be available in sets at same time and it frees up space

Good point, as Black Panther will be updated and Antman too in their respective sets. 

But it depends on how they will be important in the storyline.

Hopefully TLG will hear us fans so atleast they'll have the idea on what to do. I'm hoping for a better wave than this year.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Good point, as Black Panther will be updated and Antman too in their respective sets. 

But it depends on how they will be important in the storyline.

Hopefully TLG will hear us fans so atleast they'll have the idea on what to do. I'm hoping for a better wave than this year.

for Infinity War, I hope they don't include the main Avengers, like Captain America, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch, since some fans are probably tired of getting multiple figures of the Avengers from every set. 

Seriously? We dont even have a definitive Captain America yet. And I think its gonna have more than 3 sets simply because its Infinity War

15 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

for Infinity War, I hope they don't include the main Avengers, like Captain America, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch, since some fans are probably tired of getting multiple figures of the Avengers from every set. 

Even if we're tired of getting both Captain America and Ironman. I assure you they will be included in these sets. Fan favorites/ New variants. 

Big names, big money. Some are tired but most of the fans still buying it simply because it's cap and tony!

30 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I can see 1 or maybe 2 (doubt it) BP sets in January then 4 or 5 Infinity War sets in March then possibly 1 Antman/Wasp set in June. 

I doubt they'd make as little as 4 or 5 sets for a movie the size of Infinity War. I'm sure there will be at least 6 like Age of Ultron. 

Also, just saw the new Homecoming trailer (international and US). Vulture's backpack in the set looks very accurate as seen in the international trailer and I love the size of the wings even more since they're so huge in the movie. I'm still disappointed in the helmet, though. I think the one change I'll make to the wings is swapping out the two 1x1 dark green tiles at the bottom of each wing for a 1x2 dark green tile. 

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Even if we're tired of getting both Captain America and Ironman. I assure you they will be included in these sets. Fan favorites/ New variants. 

Big names, big money. Some are tired but most of the fans still buying it simply because it's cap and tony!

Exactly it is easy to market anything with Ironman in it.

The characters people are supposedly sick of still turn out to be the biggest sellers usually. The "Big 6" are certainly overexposed, but to many people those are the heroes they instantly associate with the name Avengers.

Just like you're not gonna see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman excluded from Lego's sets for the Justice League movie.

1 minute ago, BatofGotham said:

makes sense, considering Disney showed more Iron Man, than Peter Parker and Spider-Man in the Spider-Man Homecoming trailers.

1 hour ago, BatofGotham said:

Well Tbh, i'm excited to which armor/suit tony will have in Infinity Wars lol.

1 hour ago, Savage Oppress said:

makes sense, considering Disney showed more Iron Man, than Peter Parker and Spider-Man in the Spider-Man Homecoming trailers.

It's just in the trailers, I think they already confirm that RDJ have 40-45 mins screen time in the movie. 

Atleast they don't have Tony's face in the Spiderman Homecoming set. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Well Tbh, i'm excited to which armor/suit tony will have in Infinity Wars lol.

It's just in the trailers, I think they already confirm that RDJ have 40-45 mins screen time in the movie. 

Atleast they don't have Tony's face in the Spiderman Homecoming set. 

Use spoiler tags when talking about stuff related to the movie, especially actors screen times.

3 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

then 4 or 5 Infinity War sets in March

Avengers had 4 sets
Avengers; AoU had 6 sets

I could easily see Infinity War having 8 sets. Then again, i suppose they'll have Avengers 4 the next year so 6 sets in 2018 and 6 sets in 2019 would probably cover all the characters.

3 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Use spoiler tags when talking about stuff related to the movie, especially actors screen times.

Information is innacurate regardless.

As of the moment he is known to appear for roughly 4 scenes (Chat with Peter at Avengers place, Chat with Peter in Car, Boat, Final Battle)

Though we dont have exact time's i'd expect he is in the film for a max of 15 minutes.

On 23/05/2017 at 5:47 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Woah nice clear image, mind you if share where'd you get it? Awesome!

This is why there's a lot of dissapoinment bout the Shocker fig, clearly there's a mask that looks awesome and new. Could have been the aviator helmet with new goggles! (even the old one could work tho) just a printing that will match the arms! (Pineapple head) lol :grin:

Was shared on a comic book site, not sure which one.

Which aviator helmet? Which goggles?

Mostly concerned about the torso as unsure what to go for?

Edited by Scarilian

I see people talking about a mask for Shocker, so I figured I'd pop in with a suggestion... how about this? It's not a perfect likeness, obviously, but might be the best purist solution for the time being.

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I see people talking about a mask for Shocker, so I figured I'd pop in with a suggestion... how about this? It's not a perfect likeness, obviously, but might be the best purist solution for the time being.

Awesome, great choice. But IMO, I preffer the continuous pattern so I'll use pineapple HAHA.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The normal one. It looks awesome when u put the pineapple inside. Same as Steve Trevor's helm but in color brown and black goggles.

as for torso, I don't have any idea yet. But looking in the final form I'll definitely change negan's jacket into something. 

27 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Ooops, my bad. Not gonna happen again.

40 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Just take it with a grain of salt

4 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Now that's some pretty intense hyperbole. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Avengers had 4 sets
Avengers; AoU had 6 sets

I could easily see Infinity War having 8 sets. Then again, i suppose they'll have Avengers 4 the next year so 6 sets in 2018 and 6 sets in 2019 would probably cover all the characters.

Information is innacurate regardless.

Hide contents

As of the moment he is known to appear for roughly 4 scenes (Chat with Peter at Avengers place, Chat with Peter in Car, Boat, Final Battle)

Though we dont have exact time's i'd expect he is in the film for a max of 15 minutes.

For a movie like version I would say Baxter Stockman, if not the light brown variant

Goggles; CMF series 3 pilot or snowboarder maybe?

Edited by Quicksilver838

Does anyone have any additional info on 30610 Giant Man Hank Pym, as listed on Brickset?

7 minutes ago, Cottin said:

Does anyone have any additional info on 30610 Giant Man Hank Pym, as listed on Brickset?

Maybe that is the polybag for the Marvel Super Heroes 2 game?

45 minutes ago, Cottin said:

35 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

Maybe that is the polybag for the Marvel Super Heroes 2 game?

That's the leaked Goliath minifigure who is the preorder exclusive for the video game. 

Everyone:

Last I checked, this was a Marvel 2017 set discussion thread. Talk about the sets--not the trailers, not the speculation, not the off topic conversation. 

Set talk only please. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That's the leaked Goliath minifigure who is the preorder exclusive for the video game. 

Cool, good to know. Thanks!

Got the "Beware the Vulture" set.  Fun little set, all things considered...  Except for the price tag!  Found it at Wal*Mart.  Despite the same box size and fewer parts from the Detroit Steel set, it rang up for $40, what the heck?!

43 minutes ago, CapnDash said:

Got the "Beware the Vulture" set.  Fun little set, all things considered...  Except for the price tag!  Found it at Wal*Mart.  Despite the same box size and fewer parts from the Detroit Steel set, it rang up for $40, what the heck?!

That's the power of an added minifigure.