Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Hey guys, im on the fence about something, and want your opinions:

I can get the new milano for 20% off today if i chose too, but i have the old one, i really want the new figs and the abilisk, but im not certain the milano is anything spectacular, i was thinking of not using all stickers and just making it a ravager vehicle and make taserfaces ship into a warbird, so i ask you is it worth it?

5 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Hey guys, im on the fence about something, and want your opinions:

I can get the new milano for 20% off today if i chose too, but i have the old one, i really want the new figs and the abilisk, but im not certain the milano is anything spectacular, i was thinking of not using all stickers and just making it a ravager vehicle and make taserfaces ship into a warbird, so i ask you is it worth it?

It's a great deal if it's 20% off.

Nothing special about the figs if you ask me, but as a collectors point of view, you have no choice.

New Drax is good for new face print, Starlord for mask variant, Baby Groot one of the highlight and yea it is nice to have the Abilisk (wise pink parts and technic pieces) I strongly suggest for you to buy it while you have the chance for 20% off.

16 minutes ago, Dadster said:

Wow is that the SM - Homecoming suit?!

Yes, MK 47 to be exact - Ultimate Ironman from comics.

10 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The lack of a Tony Stark head doesn't bother me at all as I would never display it with the face mask up, plus the trans blue head is a far more useful piece and I could almost build a little minifig house out of Tony Stark heads at this point. As far as Vulture goes, I fully expect an angry clone head, though I think using a Bruce Wayne head would be a perfect little nod to Keaton's time as the Caped Crusader. Regardless it matters little to me in the end as I wouldn't be displaying him without the helmet. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the Vulture helmet for this Lego version, so hoping the head is somewhat useful. Even if it's just a Batman head without the strap.

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Really weird that the Mark 47 is missing a Tony Stark head, I just saw Delta's picture. Maybe in the scene that the set is based on Tony just sends in the suit without a person? He did that in Iron Man 3 when he rescued the people falling from the plane. 

I would speculate that;

Spoiler

This would be Tony's way of getting around the accords - as he would'nt be interfeering directly and instead it'd just be a suit.

Alternatively Lego just decided to give us something different to a Tony Stark head, which i dont really mind as we've had a bunch in the past. Maybe this will be the default head for Iron Man suits in future?

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Vulture helmet for this Lego version, so hoping the head is somewhat useful. Even if it's just a Batman head without the strap.

I would speculate that;

Hide contents

This would be Tony's way of getting around the accords - as he would'nt be interfeering directly and instead it'd just be a suit.

Alternatively Lego just decided to give us something different to a Tony Stark head, which i dont really mind as we've had a bunch in the past. Maybe this will be the default head for Iron Man suits in future?

Future head for Iron Man? I don't think so. There's a reason why they chose to include that head piece, a specific scene or let's just say it's inaccurate. But atleast it happens in the film.

As it also happens that Tony, walks out with the suit in the latest trailers. TLG chose it for a reason. And probably we will see that.

Well,looks like Vulture has the same head as 2016 version just like I predicted. Too bad he doesn't come with Doctor Who hairpiece in dark bluish gray. Looks like Rebels Tarkin will have to share...

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Well,looks like Vulture has the same head as 2016 version just like I predicted. Too bad he doesn't come with Doctor Who hairpiece in dark bluish gray. Looks like Rebels Tarkin will have to share...

Hm, where did you find that? 

Huh, that's a shame. My guess is they didn't know who was playing Vulture when they got art of him so they just gave him a generic face, similar to Grandmaster.

33 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Ah I knew it! That's awesome! 

58 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Here's the link: https://m.imgur.com/a/Errm9

Dayum @benderisgreat Nice catch, I'm really happy with this head. Gonna go get an extra doctor headpiece. Awesome, awesome!

39 minutes ago, doclord said:

Huh, that's a shame. My guess is they didn't know who was playing Vulture when they got art of him so they just gave him a generic face, similar to Grandmaster.

Grandmaster doesn't have a generic face? What are you talking about? And this one is a rehash of Vulture 2016 it made sense.

2 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Nice jacket! And that expression is very Michael Keaton.

You know what, If they added a detail with his legs and made a talons. I'll be happy with the fig even if the helm is not that great. 

37 minutes ago, The Lupinator said:

That's weird that Iron Man has no face. TLG probably got no conformation if Tony was going to be in the suit of not.

That sounds impossible.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

You know what, If they added a detail with his legs and made a talons. I'll be happy with the fig even if the helm is not that great. 

Yea, the plain dark green pants do hit a dull spot.

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

The review from where the pic is from is up on Youtube.

Cool! Thanks for posting this.

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

I've been so focused on waiting for the reviews of the new LBM sets, that I completely forgot that reviews for the Homecoming sets are going to start popping up! I'm excited to see the figures up close and functions of the sets. 

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

The "how's my driving" detail is funny. :grin:

Vulture's jacket is pretty cool, can be repurposed for many things, and his helmet's print is nice too. Maybe could be used for something sci-fi.

27 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Alright man! Thanks for this. Now I'm excited to modify my vulture wings!

will you be doing the same thing guys?

2 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Im working on a custom ego fig, can someone post a pic of the new obi wan head with the new commisioner gordon hair

Not to minimod, but I think it's better for you to ask peeps in Minifig customization thread - Purist Superhero figs. 

I personally find that thread helpful because they are doing the request.