Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, LegoMarvel said:

Man, I don't watch A.O.S, but I read the comics. I'd just want a set or something with Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. Even a promo figure. Anything.

I'd be down with that (watch the show, he's the best part of season 4!) but given his comic was just canceled, the only thing that would make that a remote possibility now is we get a Ghost Rider series, even then it would have to be done in a way that isn't directly tied to it, like Coulson and Lola in the Detroit Steel set.

Back on topic, Hela looks incredible, especially with the headdress! That piece is a work of art. 

14 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I'd be down with that (watch the show, he's the best part of season 4!) but given his comic was just canceled, the only thing that would make that a remote possibility now is we get a Ghost Rider series, even then it would have to be done in a way that isn't directly tied to it, like Coulson and Lola in the Detroit Steel set.

Back on topic, Hela looks incredible, especially with the headdress! That piece is a work of art. 

It took us years and years just to have the normal Ghost Rider minifigure. I'm not saying impossible but yea it's highly unlikely.

Hela - one of the best villain ever represented in lego. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It took us years and years just to have the normal Ghost Rider minifigure. I'm not saying impossible but yea it's highly unlikely.

Hela - one of the best villain ever represented in lego. 

4 years. It took us 4 years :wink:

Seeing as we don't have Daredevil yet, I don't imagine ANOTHER Ghost Rider to turn up soon at least, but with polybags it could possibly happen

33 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Seeing as we don't have Daredevil yet, I don't imagine ANOTHER Ghost Rider to turn up soon at least, but with polybags it could possibly happen

Unless Daredevil is SDCC exclusive, there's no way Lego will make his minifigure since he's now associated with violent Netflix show. Same goes for Deadpool.

22 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Unless Daredevil is SDCC exclusive, there's no way Lego will make his minifigure since he's now associated with violent Netflix show. Same goes for Deadpool.

I don't know, there is still a chance we could get him. We've gotten violent characters in the past.

Edited by Franklinw1234

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

This is conjecture, we've had plenty of violent characters before. We even got Lord of the rings where heads are regularly severed. A comic based Daredevil is absolutely possible, but I'm not sure why we're even talking about this

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yeap. I'm not being killer joy here. But let's face the truth. AOS/Robbie Reyes isn't a big hit. Even the AOS itself doesn't get a minifigs after all. We did get Coulson just recent but he appears long time ago. 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

He could. But I think there;s more characters that is definitely will be considered to be SDCC fig, even if I don't want. Home made suit spidey is one of them.

33 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeap. I'm not being killer joy here. But let's face the truth. AOS/Robbie Reyes isn't a big hit. Even the AOS itself doesn't get a minifigs after all. We did get Coulson just recent but he appears long time ago. 

Yeah, and Coulson wasn't even based off the show. He was based off comics. I wouldn't expect any sets based off of shows because Lego seems to not do that.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Joker. Venom. Carnage. Green Goblin.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

This is conjecture, we've had plenty of violent characters before. We even got Lord of the rings where heads are regularly severed. A comic based Daredevil is absolutely possible, but I'm not sure why we're even talking about this

Legs could have released comic book Daredevil years ago, now I can't imagine them making him in next few years. 2018 would probably have Black Panther, Infinity War , Ant-Man and the Wasp sets where would they fit comic book based set with him? 2019 is big year as well, pretty low chances of seeing Daredevil. I'm just looking at the situation realistically. Polybag is the best chance by far!

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Legs could have released comic book Daredevil years ago, now I can't imagine them making him in next few years. 2018 would probably have Black Panther, Infinity War , Ant-Man and the Wasp sets where would they fit comic book based set with him? 2019 is big year as well, pretty low chances of seeing Daredevil. I'm just looking at the situation realistically. Polybag is the best chance by far!

I forgot about all the movies next year, I better start saving up. I still need to get the sets that have been released this year. Definitely agree that it is only likely to see him in a polybag, if not then 2019 maybe or 2020.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I almost forgot those movies for next year, updated Antman! Thanos MCU! There could be alot! 

And being the Polybag is only the way, let's face it. more likely it's 10% chance atleast. 

I'm still hoping for Ego minifigure or Spidey home made suit for this year to be released in Poly!

Can we stop talking about 2018, 2019, 2020 and what can we get? There is no info for 2018-2100, so talk about what we have. 

Friendly neighborhood reminder of the (understandably forgotten) Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation thread:

:wink:

Edited by Sir Gareth

OKOKOKOKOK THE THOR RAGNAROK TRAILER JUST CAME OUT, AND HERE ARE SOME THOUGHTS ON THE MINIFIGS NOW THAT WE HAVE AN ACTUAL LOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Hulk: Surprisingly, the figure is quite accurate seeing that his shoulder pad has a blue-ish tint

Thor: Well done all round

Loki: Yeah he's the worst. His costume in the trailer is more dark green rather than the blue we see on his minifigure. I'm disappointed

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Enjoy guys! Can't wait to see Valkyrie in minifig form.

Dang it, the Lego Hela helmet is not accurate - it covers her upper face :/

Movie version does not cover the face.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Scarilian said:

At least it's still better than Loki as a whole minifig

Guess this confirms that mystery purple dude, whose picture is now gone, is one of the guards

After seeing Skurge, I'm sad we're not getting Skurge, he looks very comic accurate

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I have to watch it again! Lol. Still cool tho. She gaves me chills.

18 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

At least it's still better than Loki as a whole minifig

You got a point, And loki's helm looking new to me.

There are so many ships that could be in the larger set. I see why Loki is going to be in the gladiator set. Does any one else have a good picture in mind for the gladiator ring 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

There are so many ships that could be in the larger set. I see why Loki is going to be in the gladiator set. Does any one else have a good picture in mind for the gladiator ring 

Probably gonna be a crappy facade with a gate. Maybe with the spectator's stand which we see Loki and the Grandmaster sitting in. Imagine the HYDRA base set in the Age of Ultron Line, that's what I think it's gonna look like

So far looks like the only character from the line-up they got right was Thor and potentially Hulk depending on what happens with the shoulder pad.

• Hela's helmet covers her face in the Lego form - while in the movie the helmet does not cover her face
  • Loki's got a bizarre colour swap with a costume more similar to Ayesha in Lego - while in the movie he has a dark green outfit with a dark green and yellow cape or a dark green cape his helmet is also different, allowing his hair to go behind
  • The Grandmaster was not as vibrant or detailed as the movie version
  • The guard's needed helmets and armour to match the movie version
Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I have to watch it again! Lol. Still cool tho. She gaves me chills.

Unfortunately yeah, she does not have it covering her face. I think it may be possible to modify the helmet by removing the front and smoothing it to where the stud is at the top of the head.

UMXNaw7.png

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Guess this confirms that mystery purple dude, whose picture is now gone, is one of the guards

33388060301_cfd10fcea4.jpg

4 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Probably gonna be a crappy facade with a gate. Maybe with the spectator's stand which we see Loki and the Grandmaster sitting in. Imagine the HYDRA base set in the Age of Ultron Line, that's what I think it's gonna look like

Personally expecting it to be more like the 'Harry and the Hungarian Horntail' set. Just replace the Dragon with Hulk, Harry with Thor, Dumbledore and Mad-eye Moody with Grandmaster and Loki. Potentially get rid of the catapult and it's base and you'd have a fairly adequate arena set just focusing around the essentials - maybe even keep the mechanism to flip the stands over.
afb4fca878d40ad578c66549d355318b.jpg

5 of the 5 figures we've seen are wrong.   Good job there marvel/lego.:hmpf_bad:

At least thor and Loki's heads seem more accurate than before.