Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

That might have something to do with X-men sets they released. Marvel doesn't own movie rights and they don't want to promote their competitors characters. That's the only explanation I can think of, why else wouldn't Marvel ok this type of book?

X-Men characters haven't prevented Marvel from doing anything else like this before. Just putting a picture of Wolverine in paper isn't enough to screw them over financially or undermine the other 50-some characters in the book. Marvel's only been easing restrictions on X-Men stuff as of late anyway, with action figures, Funko toys, more comics, and even another Lego set (albeit a very, very small one). It could simply be the whole Disney/Warner drama of appeasing two competing brands, or they could just simply be uninterested in the market. The latter seems more likely, since Marvel hasn't even had a complete character encyclopedia for a good couple of years, and DC seems to publish one every other.

I find it necessary to reiterate that the X-Men and Fantastic Four drought has little to do with movie rights and basically everything to do with merchandising rights. When Sony bought the Spider-Man movie rights, they ONLY bought the movie rights, so Marvel could keep producing toys and cartoons and what-have-you and collect all of the profit from them while the movies only aided in Spidey's popularity (which is why we've never been devoid of Spider-Man stuff) but Fox bought the movie rights and an undisclosed-but-clearly-pretty-large portion of the merch rights, so when Marvel makes a Cyclops action figure, they're making significantly less money than they'd make by producing a Brother Voodoo one, so Marvel's done what they do best and brought the characters they CAN make all the money off of into the forefront and focused less on the ones that don't bring home quite as much bacon. Deadpool's the major exception, though, because he just makes SO MUCH money. 

C6Z_Mm1WAAI2Qee.jpg

A look at Hela, Thor and Valkyrie from Thor Ragnarok to give an idea of what to expect figure-wise.

Hela might give us some nice black and silver printed legs if we are lucky. Otherwise Thor and Vakyrie both look like they will have basic single colour legs and arms if they go with these designs.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

A look at Hela, Thor and Valkyrie from Thor Ragnarok to give an idea of what to expect figure-wise.

Hela might give us some nice black and silver printed legs if we are lucky. Otherwise Thor and Vakyrie both look like they will have basic single colour legs and arms if they go with these designs.

That's Hella? Looks more like Rita Repulsa from new Power Rangers movie! Thor with short hair might make an interesting minifigure. Valkyrie looks ok at best. 

P.s. no Mjolnir in Thors hands?

Edited by LuxorV

23 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That's Hella? Looks more like Rita Repulsa from new Power Rangers movie! Thor with short hair might make an interesting minifigure. Valkyrie looks ok at best. 

P.s. no Mjolnir in Thors hands?

Hela will probably have her headpiece for a lot of the movie. It's just too cool. Hopefully her fig does too. Thor I've seen is wearing his helmet in some promo images (and I thought we heard rumor that we are getting a fig of him with the helmet). Valkyrie is meh, but she might have a cool new hairpiece. As for Mjolnir, he'll be using it at some point

Dayum bad asss! If that's the case, we are not going to have a helm molded with hair. Just a helm probably?

I like Thor like that... I don't know why... Cool that they're switching up his look and weapons. Can't wait to get trailer soon with GOTG's release! 

Fairly sure Hela, if we get a hair piece for her, would have this hair peice, as far as i can tell its only been used for one figure/set in this colour;

75145_alt7.jpg

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Dayum bad asss! If that's the case, we are not going to have a helm molded with hair. Just a helm probably?

Would prefer just a helmet rather than helmet with hair. Just a helmet on its own allows for more customisability. Helmet's with hair always give off the appearance of that specific character.

20 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Can't wait to get trailer soon with GOTG's release! 

We should get a teaser trailer early April.

Doctor Strange had a November 4th release and the teaser trailer was April 12th.
Thor Ragnarok has a November 3rd release so the teaser trailer should be around April 11th.

We'll probably have an extended or altered teaser trailer for GOTG 2.

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Fairly sure Hela, if we get a hair piece for her, would have this hair peice, as far as i can tell its only been used for one figure/set;

Would prefer just a helmet rather than helmet with hair. Just a helmet on its own allows for more customisability. Helmet's with hair always give off the appearance of that specific character.

We should get a teaser trailer early April.

Doctor Strange had a November 4th release and the teaser trailer was April 12th.
Thor Ragnarok has a November 3rd release so the teaser trailer should be around April 11th.

We'll probably have an extended or altered teaser trailer for GOTG 2.

Correct, they are showing official images now. Hopefully Lego will post pic online soon! 

Grand Master, Hela, Loki and Thor! 

Grandmaster looks so cool! Finally Jeff Goldblum minifigure will happen! Loki looks pretty much the same, so updated torso, hair and face seems unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Grandmaster looks so cool! Finally Jeff Goldblum minifigure will happen! Loki looks pretty much the same, so updated torso, hair and face seems unlikely to happen.

We don't actually get a loki hair piece, and the torso is not that really the same, arms have full cloths on now. A new print is welcome. I'm excited to see the Gladiator Thor

More pictures can be found here: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/thor-ragnarok-jeff-goldblums-grandmaster-bruce-banner-hela-a149491

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

We don't actually get a loki hair piece, and the torso is not that really the same, arms have full cloths on now. A new print is welcome. I'm excited to see the Gladiator Thor

More pictures can be found here: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/thor-ragnarok-jeff-goldblums-grandmaster-bruce-banner-hela-a149491

In Marvel Avengers video game he had the same hair as Thor but in black. I actually got 2 last years Juniors Loki set to have one with that hair. Although I'm pretty sure he'd need completely new hairpiece to be movie accurate.

I just posted the Lego Grandmaster. I've been holding off, I thought it was him but I wasn't 100% sure until now. 

https://instagram.com/p/BRY8iTwDpUd/

Edit: Also, I'm fairly certain Thor has the helmet/hair mold in both sets, so I don't see the point in debating what hairpiece he'll have. 

Edited by Delta Customs

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh I see. 

Anyways, what's your take on Thor's hair? Probably the spikey hair piece of Hawkeye? 

If he gets one, that's probably the one Lego will use. We all know how Lego loves to reuses parts...

3 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

I just posted the Lego Grandmaster. I've been holding off, I thought it was him but I wasn't 100% sure until now. 

Thank you for the image! The minifig for the most part is fine, but couldn't they have made the face look more like Jeff Goldblum? They can make a Nova officer look like John C. Reilly among other minifigs having likenesses, why couldn't they do so here?

He really needed a better hair piece - and his torso print does not seem accurate to the currently released images (though it looks alright)

- Facial print is 'ok' but does not have the likeness of Jeff Goldblum
- Torso is alright, though currently not accurate
- Legs should have been printed.
- Arms are 'ok', printing would have been nice though not particularly needed

Edited by Scarilian

10 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Edit: Also, I'm fairly certain Thor has the helmet/hair mold in both sets, so I don't see the point in debating what hairpiece he'll have. 

Oh my goodness! you're hiding this for a long time now! *sarcasm* thanks Delta! 

Agreed that the hair and face printing isn't really working on that figure. It looks like it needs more "glam" like the character seems to have. 

2 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Also, I'm fairly certain Thor has the helmet/hair mold in both sets, so I don't see the point in debating what hairpiece he'll have. 

You mentioned "Thor w/helmet mold" and it confirmed we were getting a helmet, but it was vague enough to raise questions as to whether the hair piece is included, given it presented three options;
- Helmet mold
- Helmet combined with hair mold
- Helmet mold with spare hair piece

By 'helmet/hair mold' do you mean the helmet is molded to include his hair - something akin to the below image of Thorin? Or do you mean that we are getting a seperate helmet mold and hair mold?

lego-thorin-oakenshield-minifigure-79017

Edited by Scarilian

Omg the costumes look terrible. They look like they straight outta party city. I'm worried about the figures now