Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Lego Express Part 2

Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?

• The sleuth-like viking warrior Bloody Jay
    • Pirate hunter with a death wish, Sarg Kulo
    • The lady-killing furry midget Darth Ewok
    • The impetuous but instinctive Wolf Man
    • The calm and brave brick-trader Athos
    • Big Wig JonFett
    • The puppet master and title-giving French Green Jedi
    • Outlaw and "Belgian-detective-on-the-side" Brickster
    • Mister M, not on this list...

Was there 1 or several shooters?? have any of the bullets been recovered???

Is it a steam train, maybe the whistle covered the gun shots.

I guess I'll need to reread everything!!!

In talking with the waitor, he recalls Rosa telling him that a passenger approached her yesterday evening rather insistent upon using a lockbox for his valuables. At the time, all the lockboxes were in use except one that the master key did not unlock. To accomodate the disgruntled passenger, he was allowed to use the lockbox understanding that after he set the lock, train staff could not unlock it for him if he forgot the combination. "Come, I'll take you to them", the waitor adds.

You make your way to the train lockboxes ony to find a wall of over 100 metal boxes of three varying sizes. The waitor goes behind the counter to get the sign-out sheet. "Here", he points out, this must be the box marked with a line. Number E-44. The passenger in car H-70 checked it out".

"That's my room number but I didn't use a lockbox", Snefroe1 states. Xwingyoda looks for box E-44. It's a medium box with a three digit lock: _ _ _ (numbers 0-9).

the first question: who took the gun after the first murder? if it was the same gun, that is; we've got three murders, shot to death, that leaves one bullet... + 2 missing bullets

yoda, you talk about two pirates? there are three, right? Phes, mr.M and the second victim... thery're linked to each other because of the past (pirate actions) Perhaps they had to burry a treasure in prague (or some place else, starting with Vlad) the second victim killed Phes, M kills second victim) compass was needed to find the treasure, the cutlass ... what about that unstamped train ticket? to where? who is it for?, the killer must have known the area, because he knew there was a tunnel, which is an ideal spot for a killing...

The train security guard enters the room and says that some of the evidence was stolen last night from the mail room, specifically the murder weapon and ammunition...

(note: when the gun was found near Mr. Phes's body, it had four remaining bullets).

(Also, there's a lot of train employees aboard the train (driver, engineer, bellmen, waitors, housekeepers, security, etc. These characters are not pivotal in the story but will make their appearances as needed to provide clues when the time arises. You may question, interrogate, and investigate anyone or any place on the train).

The train security guard enters the room and says that some of the evidence was stolen last night from the mail room, specifically the murder weapon and ammunition...

(note: when the gun was found near Mr. Phes's body, it had four remaining bullets).

you're right, four bullets - maid's murder, - second victim. that leaves two bullets, + 2 missing bullets...

you're right, four bullets - maid's murder, - second victim. that leaves two bullets, + 2 missing bullets...

have to correct that again, only one missing bullet, one took phes' life, so 2 bullets, one missing... have to think about the rest... :P :P

Something else that crossed my mind was that at least a couple of the 'innocent passengers' don't necessarily need a gun to shoot someone with a bullet. For critters with psychic powers or an innate mastery of the force, it would be a small matter of imbedding a spent bulet into a corpse. Though this side theory only really implicates the french green jedi and myself. Hrm.

On that same note, mind control shouldn;t be ruled out...though it probably should.

So, two dead pirates and a dead cleaning lady, and clues a-go-go.

Is there a way to pick, or force the lock of the lockbox E-44 ?

Akkh

And I still wonder where that sword went. I don't want it scuffed before its delivered....I mean, it would be a shame if it wasn't returned to his crew.

I'm taking that recovering the victims rooms doesn't turn up much new ?

Akkh

Have I been murdered yet? I can't wait any longer to furfil my life long dream

EDIT: Back off ewok, I'm the murderer :P

The lock has a three-digit combination: _ _ _ (each number 0-9).

The waitor states, "if you 'all want to try to pick it, I know nothing", but those boxes are pretty secure without the right combination", as he looks at Snefroe1 rather distrusting.

The security guard left the room.

BloodyJay attempts to use the various combinations but not one is the correct number. The waitor points out that if the security guard comes back, he could get in a lot of trouble; but if any of you think you know the right number, go ahead and try. Otherwise, he recommends you look for more clues.

Try 187 on the box.

Also, anyone have any idea about the Evita song? It seems that it is our most important clue so far. The Brickster seemed to add that "Its our funeral too" to get us to the right song.

Steve

Concerning the deposit box, I think that it would be more advisable to stop guessing the combination in order not to arrouse the guard's attention - lets do this in a stealth way shall we.

Furthermore I suggest that we start looking for clues in Jay's room - the box was registered to his room so we need a starting point to our investigation ;)

i'd like to interrogate the entire staff:

1) did they see/notice anything out of the ordinary during this trip?

2) do they recognise any passenger as a regular passenger?

3) especially the train conductor: how did he know how to contact Mr. M, a friend of Mr. Phes. he must have known Phes, M. and second victim

4) i also want to look for clues in second victims' room and maid's room

5) isn't it weird that Mr.M is just close by when Phes dies? why did jipay shake his hands?

6) who is that second victim, anyway?

Sarg Kulo and Athos attempt to unlock the box using the various combinations. None of the numbers are the right combination.

The Brickster points out that the lockbox was registered in Snefroe's room, not Bloody Jay.

Bloody Jay is with you. If you'd like to search his room, you can ask him if he'd allow it.

You may interrogate any single member of the train staff but have to do so one at a time (if you have reasonable suspision; and if any passenger complains to train officials, this may thwart your entire investigation). It is highly unlikely that train officials will provide you a list of all staff and allow you to interogate them systematically. Let me point out that the train staff are just used to relay certain information at various points in time to keep the story flowing (like Rosa the housekeeper and the Waitor).

Asking your questions to the waitor, he provides the following responses:

1) did they see/notice anything out of the ordinary during this trip?

Yes, there's been three murders on this train, I'd call that out of the ordinary. I know many of the train staff, and none of them (at this time) have seen anything else peculiar.

2) do they recognize any passenger as a regular passenger?

No, the Security Officer conducted an investigation and from what I heard, most or all of the passengers have never been on the Lego Express before, but then again, we serve a lot of passengers.

3) especially the train conductor: how did he know how to contact Mr. M, a friend of Mr. Phes. he must have known Phes, M. and second victim

It is train policy for all passengers to provide next of kin or emergency contact information before embarking. Your friend must have provided Mr. M's name.

4) i also want to look for clues in second victims' room and maid's room.

You may ask the Security Officer if he'll permit you to look in either/both rooms. Only he may unlock them for you.

5) isn't it weird that Mr.M is just close by when Phes dies? why did jipay shake his hands?

I wouldn't know that information.

6) who is that second victim, anyway?

Brickster points out that in order of how you discovered the murders: it was Mr. Phes, Captain Blackbeard, then the Housekeeper.

a guess for the lock combination: 230,

the box points at me, i'm member 230 of this forum

i don't think it refers to the number of posts, because that changes too much...

After one week of sleep at the back of the train, Jipay wakes up and decided to investigate more and read the 5 pages of this topic

I permit any searching of my room, since xwingyoda seems suspicious (seeing as the box was registered to snefroe1, not me...) - however, I'd also like to search HIS room. He seems awfully anxious to pin the blame on someone else.

I permit any searching of my room, since xwingyoda seems suspicious (seeing as the box was registered to snefroe1, not me...) - however, I'd also like to search HIS room. He seems awfully anxious to pin the blame on someone else.

NO NO, I'm really not anxious/suspicious about anything. I just want to investigate with a clear mind, that's all ;)

I thought that the box was registered to your room number and not especially to yourself, that's why I said it would be good to start there for clues.

After so many posts I'm lost and need to re-read everything.

I'll put it another way: let' start to check the ROOM in which the lock was registered to try and find clues concerning the safe combination.