Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

15 hours ago, Tahu said:

Being that Mech that top heavy, I am not sure if that one connection can hold it stable. Like those black front knee panels can pop off, causing the Mech to fall over.  I think the other technic ratchet joints used on the hips might be a better solution as they seems the have a stronger connection and might fit better with the leg details. 

Them exo-force click joints are pretty strong as far as joints go, so it should theoretically hold in place fine. The black bits on the front also aren't really there to hold the thing up, they just fold down and cover the joints from the front to make it look a bit cleaner.

As for the ratchet joints, they probably would be stronger but I tried 'em and they stuck out waaaaaay too much, so I bailed on 'em.

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if that arrow-less bow piece will be introduced in the second wave. The one Zane is holding I mean

It's possible, but far from guaranteed. It could well be a case like the alternate cowl expressions from TLBM—a part that appears for the sake of animation but isn't actually intended for sets. Of course, it's always possible that those alternate cowls could find their way into future sets, but I don't necessarily expect that to be the case here—the existence of a bow without arrows might seemingly imply the existence of arrows without a bow in the movie as well, and I'm not sure that'd be feasible given the lack of obvious attachment points.

There must be some secret vendetta against Jay, I just want to see his upscaled jet clearly.

After seeing a speed-build, I'm warming up to the set version and might just add that to my list

12 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

i text the kerrison toys on facebook about the the lego niniago movie sets and they said we think they will be delivered this week 

Be careful with street dates. Lego is being extremely strict about these ones. 

Just now, Clx_45 said:

Be careful with street dates. Lego is being extremely strict about these ones. 

Indeed. Yesterday all Targets were showing 2 Garma Mech Mans. Today? Vanished.

Street dates carry more weight when tied to a big multimedia release (movie + game).

1 hour ago, bricksnator said:

Indeed. Yesterday all Targets were showing 2 Garma Mech Mans. Today? Vanished.

Street dates carry more weight when tied to a big multimedia release (movie + game).

All Targets but mine...wouldn't have mattered anyways :/ 

21 hours ago, just2good said:

It's going to be a pre-order bonus with the video game.

Aw nards.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if that arrow-less bow piece will be introduced in the second wave. The one Zane is holding I mean

That might be interesting, but what's a bow without arrows?

I found the Juniors set at my Toys"R"Us early, in the Juniors section. Nothing else new though.

1 hour ago, just2good said:

I found the Juniors set at my Toys"R"Us early, in the Juniors section. Nothing else new though.

Did you get street dated? When I went there I did but I got around it.

12 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

is the street date for the sets  is aug 1st for uk?

The street date for the movie's CMFs is definitely 1 August in the UK.

I'm not sure about the sets though. 

5 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

The street date for the movie's CMFs is definitely 1 August in the UK.

I'm not sure about the sets though. 

i think the sets will come out on aug 1st it on the lego shop it did say it coming out on aug 1st soo it could be the sets aswell 

19 hours ago, wgemini said:

Based on the building videos, the destiny's bounty seems to be much smaller (40x12) than the imperial flag ship (60x16) despite having more pieces and only slightly lower prices. Could somebody confirm that please? 

"slightly lower prices" only applies if you don't adjust for inflation. In today's money the Imperial Flagship would've been around $203, over $40 (25%) more than the Bounty. So it's not a huge surprise that the Bounty is smaller. The higher piece count speaks more to its level of detail than its size.

EDIT: I said something that should have been said in the movie discussion thread, and now I need to say something set related.  I'm looking forward to getting Destiny's Bounty. It's a good looking boat.

Edited by Actor Builder

48 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Is there any chance that LEGO will reveal the garmadon Garmadon GARMADON set at SDCC?

Yes, it will be shown there and retails for $80. This link was posted in the Marvel 2017 thread and I immediately saw the Ninjago news. 

http://press-releases.media/lego-systems-builds-star-studded-activities-and-excitement-for-the-lego-ninjago-movie-at-san-diego-comic-con-international/

So I bought 10 CMF today and Green Ninja Mech Dragon and I love those sets! Dragon is so posabale and new Lord Garmadon is the best minifigure in Ninjago history! CMF wise got all fish soldiers their head masks are hard rubber sadly and aren't connected to air tanks. Volcano and Flashback Garmadons are great ridiculous versions! Street clothes Jay, Lloyd and Zane are cool and so is Misako! Hopefully I'll get Warlord Garmadon version and Kendo Kai on my next try!

Just now, benderisgreat said:

So I bought 10 CMF today and Green Ninja Mech Dragon and I love those sets! Dragon is so posabale and new Lord Garmadon is the best minifigure in Ninjago history! CMF wise got all fish soldiers their head masks are hard rubber sadly and aren't connected to air tanks. Volcano and Flashback Garmadons are great ridiculous versions! Street clothes Jay, Lloyd and Zane are cool and so is Misako! Hopefully I'll get Warlord Garmadon version and Kendo Kai on my next try!

Nice! Where though? Legoland? 

Just now, benderisgreat said:

No, my local store had most of Movie sets and all CMF.

Nice, I heard Meijer had some cmfs earlier but Meijer is mostly in the midwest so it's way out of reach for me.