Hinckley

70751 Temple of Airjitzu

Oh! For a second I thought you meant the comic.

I really hope Airjitzu Temple Grounds is compatible with this in some way. Why would they make it then?

This offer.

I'd certainly take advantage of it if I didn't already have both sets.

Darn it, I really wish I could take advantage of it, but I don't think I can. :sceptic:

That's a really good offer. I hope at least a few of the other FOLs on here manage to take advantage of it. :thumbup:

By the way, someone please help me.

This is only available via online purchase?

As in, you can't get this at a store?

I'm not good with online stuff... Too bad then if that is the case.

Edited by gamejutzu

It's a LEGO exclusive, so if you don't want to buy it online you basically have to get it at a LEGO store or LEGOLAND park. Regular stores like Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us don't carry these kinds of exclusives.

In addition to what my brother said, it is possible to order sets from the Lego shop over the phone, if you're more comfortable with that. At least, you can in the U.S., don't know if it's the same in other countries...

It's a LEGO exclusive, so if you don't want to buy it online you basically have to get it at a LEGO store or LEGOLAND park. Regular stores like Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us don't carry these kinds of exclusives.

I tried to see if the LEGO store had some sort of catalog or something (exclusives are usually there), and it's not there.

But are you sure it's at the LEGO store?

I tried to see if the LEGO store had some sort of catalog or something (exclusives are usually there), and it's not there.

It isn't? It's definitely in the US catalog (it's even on the cover of the fall issue). The back cover has the number you can call to order over the phone if that's any help.

But are you sure it's at the LEGO store?

Definitely, unless your local LEGO store is sold out for some reason. Last weekend they had an incredible offer where if you bought the Temple of Airjitzu you would get a free copy of Enter the Serpent (normally a $60 set), so it's possible that some stores might have cleared out a lot of sets during that promotion.

It isn't? It's definitely in the US catalog (it's even on the cover of the fall issue). The back cover has the number you can call to order over the phone if that's any help.

No, I meant I tried to search online for maybe a place to see what's being sold. The LEGO store no such thing online apparently.

In addition to what my brother said, it is possible to order sets from the Lego shop over the phone, if you're more comfortable with that.

No, it's that i'd rather go and get them myself. It's much quicker than waiting like a week.

Sorry to bump this thread, but needed to ask a question about it and didn't saw the need for making a seperate topic.

Has anyone ever tried to modify 2 Temple sets into 1 (simply mirror the side buildings and close up the main temple)? I saw somebody say 'someone should buy 4 and combine them' in this thread, but that was 1.5 years ago and nobody probably did it. 

I've done some online searching, however I couldn't find a thing about it. I did see some small modifications, but that's it. 
Always wanted this set and doing something extra is always more fun. 

46 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but needed to ask a question about it and didn't saw the need for making a seperate topic.

Has anyone ever tried to modify 2 Temple sets into 1 (simply mirror the side buildings and close up the main temple)? I saw somebody say 'someone should buy 4 and combine them' in this thread, but that was 1.5 years ago and nobody probably did it. 

I've done some online searching, however I couldn't find a thing about it. I did see some small modifications, but that's it. 
Always wanted this set and doing something extra is always more fun. 

I'm in the process of doing this... and I nearly bought 2 sets in order to combine them into 1 enclosed pagoda building. You should only need 2 at most but it's not necessary. I ended up ordering parts in BL. My orders are all coming next week and in another week I will be able to share the modification.

Just now, makoy said:

I'm in the process of doing this... and I nearly bought 2 sets in order to combine them into 1 enclosed pagoda building. You should only need 2 at most but it's not necessary. I ended up ordering parts in BL. My orders are all coming next week and in another week I will be able to share the modification.

What a timing!

Would love to see that when it's finished :)

4 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

What a timing!

Would love to see that when it's finished :)

Sure. I will post pictures here when I'm done. :sweet:

@Kevii23 I'm a little behind by a few days but take a look. What you see below should be more than enough to enclose the whole Airjitzu Temple.

32827308240_4bb665991c_c.jpg

P.S. - I forgot to include few dark red bricks in the picture

Edited by makoy

:O That sounds interesting! It'd be neat to see it all closed off. Sure there might be some things you want to retrieve but it's pretty hard to get things in and out anyway.

Now I wonder who will make an MOC of the version we see in the show (original and haunted)? :poke: anyone?

Edited by gamejutzu

I know nothing much about Ninjago, but ordered this set based on reviews.  Suppose I'd better watch the show.  Are there major plot points that pertain to this set? 

48 minutes ago, Killian said:

I know nothing much about Ninjago, but ordered this set based on reviews.  Suppose I'd better watch the show.  Are there major plot points that pertain to this set? 

The temple first appears in Season 5 (Possession) in episode 48 (The Temple on Haunted Hill). In that episode, the ninja go to the haunted Temple of Airjitzu to recover a scroll that can teach them the lost art invented by Sensei Yang. They manage to escape the temple with the scroll, but Cole falls victim to the temple's curse and becomes a ghost.

The temple appears briefly in Season 6 (Skybound) but doesn't have any other major appearances until the one-hour "Day of the Departed" special, which focuses on Cole returning to the temple to settle his score with Sensei Yang. After the events of this episode, Cole is returned to his human form and Yang's curse on the temple is lifted, allowing the Ninja to use it as a new headquarters.