just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

^ I think that just looks messy and it doesent convey wahts there in the movie.

I think the car looks better with 3-long fins insetad of 4-long tho.

I do look like the 3-long fins much better.

EW released some BvS pictures. I really hope Lego doesn't use that outfit on Lex Luthor for his minifigure :sick:.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It looks pretty cool to me and it's probably as detailed/accurate as it can be at this scale, at least for an official set. I really like the new windshield, especially since it can open like the real thing. True, the exclusion of the front wheel armor is a bit strange and makes it look a bit like a buggy, but that should be an easy mod.

The minifig doesn't seem too different from the one from the Jokerland set, but at least it will be much more affordable. And I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but we FINALLY get a new batarang color! This is something I've been wanting since wave 1 and I'm surprised it has taken them this long to make a variation of that piece. Hopefully we will get more colors in the future, like silver or trans. light blue.

I'm guessing the other two figs will be either Superman or Lex Luthor (considering there is another vehicle included) and a secondary character. I really hope we get Alfred in this wave. I would prefer a classic comic version over the Jeremy Irons version, but I'll take what I can get.

Personally I reckon it'll be Wonder Woman and whoever the enemy is, unless this depicts a Batman V Wonder Woman chase/standoff, then maybe Alfred, but I have a feeling Lego will make a new cave for BVS. It's been 3 years since their last cave and they aren't doing another comic book one cause its still what they use in games/DTVs. It would make sense to have a new cave set for BVS, assuming something actually happens there. I mean TMNT's movie got a huge turtle lair playset despite the fact a year before there had just been a comic book/animated one, something on that scale for the batcave would be cool for a movie set. Say what you like about the TMNT movie, but that turtle lair is really cool and nicely detailed and has a great price point for its size and has a lovely amount of figures.

Edited by legofreak86

Personally I reckon it'll be Wonder Woman and whoever the enemy is, unless this depicts a Batman V Wonder Woman chase/standoff, then maybe Alfred, but I have a feeling Lego will make a new cave for BVS. It's been 3 years since their last cave and they aren't doing another comic book one cause its still what they use in games/DTVs. It would make sense to have a new cave set for BVS, assuming something actually happens there. I mean TMNT's movie got a huge turtle lair playset despite the fact a year before there had just been a comic book/animated one, something on that scale for the batcave would be cool for a movie set. Say what you like about the TMNT movie, but that turtle lair is really cool and nicely detailed and has a great price point for its size and has a lovely amount of figures.

I would definitely like to see another Batcave, especially if the movie version is as impressive as its made out to be.

I'd also like a new Batcave, larger, and more like the '06 version (in colors, at least.) I think LEGO have proven themselves good at making darker lairs (see the Ninja Turtles move one) for less-than-beloved movies, so I would be optimistic about a Batcave set. As long as it gives us an Alfred of any kind, I'll take it!

Yeah I agree with this a darker batcave with Alfred would make a great large set but who knows whats in the film

When do you think a list of set names for the BvS wave will be released?

Late August or early September. I think we're only getting three sets. The set they partially revealed will be the smallest one, then a $60 set, and then the big $90-$100 set.

Edited by amazingbricks

Late August or early September. I think we're only getting three sets. The set they partially revealed will be the smallest one, then a $60 set, and then the big $90-$100 set.

Sounds good. I too hope we get a new Batcave set based off of the movie. I think we are due for a new Batcave and hopefully one set comes with a new Alfred.

Sounds good. I too hope we get a new Batcave set based off of the movie. I think we are due for a new Batcave and hopefully one set comes with a new Alfred.

If the $60 is the Batwing, there is very little chance we'll see the Batcave as the $100 set. Too much Batman for a Superman movie.

I think the Batcave sounds about right for the largest set, but I don't think a $60 set with the focus on the Batwing is likely. Have I missed something? Is a Batwing confirmed, or is it just speculation?

Three sets sounds way too few, I'd guess 5-6 based on the number of sets we saw for AoU last year. Four at the very least.

If the $60 is the Batwing, there is very little chance we'll see the Batcave as the $100 set. Too much Batman for a Superman movie.

No such thing as too much Batman in DC's mind.

I think the Batcave sounds about right for the largest set, but I don't think a $60 set with the focus on the Batwing is likely. Have I missed something? Is a Batwing confirmed, or is it just speculation?

The Batwing will appear in the movie, but not necessarily in Lego form. Most of us are assuming there will be one because Lego has a thing for Bat-vehicles.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Hmmm, I suppose we are due for a new Batcave...

Come on spill it. How many pieces and mini figs are rumored to be in the set?

I really doubt there will only be three sets. That's the amount of sets Man of Steel got and this movie will be twice the scale of that, with Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and all this hype. So, we should expect at least two more than that.

This isn't a Superman movie. It's more of a Justice League prequel.

Edited by CobaltMoon98

This isn't a Superman movie. It's more of a Justice League prequel.

Its a Superman and Batman movie with a Justice league subplot.

@ master_data: The thing about superman is you dont have stuff to build for him. He dont need stuff. Batman has all the vehicles and gadgets etc.

I really doubt there will only be three sets. That's the amount of sets Man of Steel got and this movie will be twice the scale of that, with Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and all this hype. So, we should expect at least two more than that.

Noticed how I said that the prices would be more expensive. Sure man of steel had three sets, but they were all less than $50. I like to think of BvS having three sets like the tmnt movie. Aquaman is not going to have a big role in this movie so I don't expect a minifigure for him. Although there would only be three sets, they would be more expensive making it possible for minifigures in the sets.

Three sets sounds way too few, I'd guess 5-6 based on the number of sets we saw for AoU last year. Four at the very least.

I'd expect that many sets for a justice league movie. For BvS, I don't find it necessary. AoU had tons of characters making them have six sets. Three sounds good and we wouldn't get that many multiples of minifigures.

Has there been anything to suggest or confirm multiple sets from an official source - Dark Knight rises got one set, seems to me that there's noting to say this won't be a single set to tie in with the film, given the ott dark nature they seem to be going for, LEGO might not want to invest in a whole wave for it.

I think they ahve said thers mroe than one. they might have used wording simialr to " a range of playsets" also man of steel got 3 sets, batman is way mroe popular.

Also the new windshield is pretty much made to fit both the new batwing and batmobile. so thats 2 sets.

Also the sets wont be any less desierable than normal dc sets. its just sligthly diferent costumes really.

Just to be clear, I'm not doubting anyone or anything, I just always stay naturally skeptical until anything official is announced, it's so easy to get caught up in speculation that what's actually been announced and what people have suggested often get mixed up.

Ultimately I didn't enjoy Man of Steel - I liked that when the sets got reduced it gave me a few more DC characters we might not have otherwise got - so ultimately I'm keeping my expectations low. If we get a Carrie Kelley Robin minifigure as a result of the film I'll ultimately not care just how bad the film is, because without a big hollywood movie featuring Carrie Kelley I couldn't see LEGO ever making her except as a SDCC exclusive type figure.

If we do get multiple sets two or three seems logical, enough to cover the bases of most of the crucial minifigures but not so much to take away the production time slots that LEGO might prefer to use for more child friendly franchises. I hope that we still get some comic book DC styled sets next year too, I won't mind having a few darker coloured alternate costumes for some of the DC Superheroes, but I like to have some colourful characters too!

^ I think that just looks messy and it doesent convey wahts there in the movie.

I think the car looks better with 3-long fins insetad of 4-long tho.

Definitely. I'm not a fan of the way it sticks out here. I think it's poor design.

6j3hjs.jpg

I wonder what type of hinges will be used for the doors. It would be cool to make it open like the real thing.

1410373657000-batmobile.jpg

Im just confused by the outline around his and superman's logos. first off they dont have em in the movie (yes i know its all based off concept but...) secondly if these guys are battling and definitely not buddies why would they have costumes with similar designs? i mean imagine how embarrassing it would be to go to fight some dude and realize your both wearing the same shirt! (sure its only one similarity but the chances of them having the same idea of their logo design is just dumb to me.) but maybe im just being bugged by nothing, but I do have OCD! :grin:

Ha I guess it's because the idea for having a DC Universe came after Man of Steel. In Man of Steel, Superman's suit is a uniform from Krypton rather than a superhero outfit. In BvS and the DC Universe, Batman has been wearing his outfit long before Superman started wearing his... which is where the problem lies. So it's really just a weird coincidence.

Well superman has an outline on his suit, a light blue shiny one, and then a black outline cause lego does black outlines.

batman has like an bevel on his symbol on the movie aswell.

Lego hasnt messed up those logos so far.