Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

Killer Croc Sewer Set: Killer Croc, Batman, Pre 52 Green Arrow, 2 crocodiles.

Features a Bat-vehicle, green sports bike and a sewer system with a small waterfall. The play features would be dropping rats or pipes from the top of the sewer onto a character. Croc would have a small living area with chicken legs of course. In the center would be a waterfall/sewage entrance that can launch out Green Arrow's bike. Croc would also probably be holding a bank safe.

Scarecrow's Harvest: Batman, Scarecrow, Nightwing, Ventriloquist, and a burnt scarecrow.

Main build would be a classic barn with a small wheat field to the side. In the barn, opening the doors would reveal a giant cartoonish chaingun (or probably a ridiculous weapon of sorts) The barn would hold a small biplane and have a section in the back where you can pull out an axle and it'll "bomb" the field with gas. And light the scarecrow outside on fire, a play feature would be a launching feature for the scarecrow to disable the large weapon. Batman would have a much sleeker Batcopter with blue Nightwing hanging from a rope.

Seeing as Cartoon Network is planning to release a new Justice League animated series later this year, is anyone expecting more cartoon/comic-based JL sets in 2017?

Edited by Sir Gareth

SDCC thoughts: Possible spoilers to DC rebirth ahead

I'm wondering if the SDCC figure might be Doctor Manhatten or another Watchmen figure to tie into rebirth

Edited by Duncan Young

I'm wondering if the SDCC figure might be Doctor Manhatten or another Watchmen figure to tie into rebirth

Could see that being a thing, especially after last year Marvel released Sam Wilson Captain America to tie in with Secret Wars

Could see that being a thing, especially after last year Marvel released Sam Wilson Captain America to tie in with Secret Wars

Yeah,

in a way I don't want it to be as a Brit I won't have the chance to go to SDCC and that I'd rather have sets of the watchmen cast (even though that'll never happen)

Oh no. I had a terrible thought. I'm fine with your suggestion, but I hope beyond all hope that it's not (Warning: major Rebirth spoiler)

Wally

Maybe some day, we'll get a sidekicks pack featuring:

Cassie Sandsmark

Donna Troy

Jimmy Olson

Woozy Winks

Kid Flash

and

Pieface (Hal Jordan's best friend)

or a Daily Planet office set with:

comics versions of Lois Lane and Perry white

So, if The Lego Batman movie is the source of our bat goodness next year we should expect another JL wave. At the very least as villains we'd see Doomsday and Reverse Flash right? Maybe Cheetah? Thoughts?

So, if The Lego Batman movie is the source of our bat goodness next year we should expect another JL wave. At the very least as villains we'd see Doomsday and Reverse Flash right? Maybe Cheetah? Thoughts?

I'm hoping we'll see a comic Doomsday next year, as that was missing from this year's BvS sets.

Hopefully they will branch out a little with JL villains - let's see the likes of Cheetah, Atrocitus, Metallo and others. I'd also love to see some Bat Rogues that have yet to be made, such as Clayface and Firefly.

I'm hoping we'll see a comic Doomsday next year, as that was missing from this year's BvS sets.

Hopefully they will branch out a little with JL villains - let's see the likes of Cheetah, Atrocitus, Metallo and others. I'd also love to see some Bat Rogues that have yet to be made, such as Clayface and Firefly.

Well a brick built Clayface is in the Lego Batman Movie trailer so it seems that he'll be released as part of that theme. Firefly and Grundy would be nice additions too

Expect a justice league movie wave, not a comic wave.

Expect a justice league movie wave, not a comic wave.

Except maybe one or two sets released in January, possibly

Okay, so big news for me, potential hints for future sets. Honestly have no idea if it means anything or not so take this with a huge grain of salt.

For those that don't know, I'm a writer/ artist. I've worked with comic companies like Image and Bongo, I've done storyboards for other companies like Warner and Paramount and the past year and a bit have landed a semi-regular writing gig at Cartoon Network, writing episodes for shows like Regular Show, Steven Universe and Gumball. With my backstory out of the way the past 2 or so months I have been attached to an upcoming DC project Cartoon Network has in the works. Yesterday I was locked in as a writer, which if that wasn't exciting enough, I was sent an email by my boss this afternoon giving me a basic outline of the basic direction of the show (It's very different but very good trust me), and what they want from me.

Here is the exciting bit. Obviously as a geek, I am over the moon to be writing a DC property, and if that wasn't good enough I do believe I have a good chance in influencing what LEGO may put in future sets. Parts of the email said things like, (and these are obviously paraphrased to avoid spoilers) "Don't be afraid to use new characters", "Keep them family friendly as this is a children's show, but remember to stay faithful to the character", and probably the part that stuck out to me the most; "Talk with lead designers about your vision of these characters as they will play a huge part in the creation of your ideas. From storyboards, to television, to toy shelves."

Now while heavily paraphrased, those same messages were basically repeated 3 or 4 times throughout. It seems very likely (To me at least) that CN is wanting to make toys off this property, with a focus on some of the more obscure characters. And LEGO is almost guaranteed in that regard, with Beware the Batman & Teen Titans Go both getting LEGO treatment, it's almost certain this property will at some point as well. Whether or not they make sets or figures based on the characters I use just is in the grey area, as we haven't got a Jinx or Trigon from TTG, neither have we a Pyg or Metamorpho from BtB.

I obviously I won't be sharing the characters I'll be using or what I've heard from the show, as I don't want to get in to any trouble. But if anything should be taken from this it's expect a wider and more diverse range of characters from DC. Expect either next year or the year after to have a focus on the obscure characters. Because if I'm right and the characters I use are put into LEGO, Batman might finally take a backseat.

Okay, so big news for me, potential hints for future sets. Honestly have no idea if it means anything or not so take this with a huge grain of salt.

For those that don't know, I'm a writer/ artist. I've worked with comic companies like Image and Bongo, I've done storyboards for other companies like Warner and Paramount and the past year and a bit have landed a semi-regular writing gig at Cartoon Network, writing episodes for shows like Regular Show, Steven Universe and Gumball. With my backstory out of the way the past 2 or so months I have been attached to an upcoming DC project Cartoon Network has in the works. Yesterday I was locked in as a writer, which if that wasn't exciting enough, I was sent an email by my boss this afternoon giving me a basic outline of the basic direction of the show (It's very different but very good trust me), and what they want from me.

Here is the exciting bit. Obviously as a geek, I am over the moon to be writing a DC property, and if that wasn't good enough I do believe I have a good chance in influencing what LEGO may put in future sets. Parts of the email said things like, (and these are obviously paraphrased to avoid spoilers) "Don't be afraid to use new characters", "Keep them family friendly as this is a children's show, but remember to stay faithful to the character", and probably the part that stuck out to me the most; "Talk with lead designers about your vision of these characters as they will play a huge part in the creation of your ideas. From storyboards, to television, to toy shelves."

Now while heavily paraphrased, those same messages were basically repeated 3 or 4 times throughout. It seems very likely (To me at least) that CN is wanting to make toys off this property, with a focus on some of the more obscure characters. And LEGO is almost guaranteed in that regard, with Beware the Batman & Teen Titans Go both getting LEGO treatment, it's almost certain this property will at some point as well. Whether or not they make sets or figures based on the characters I use just is in the grey area, as we haven't got a Jinx or Trigon from TTG, neither have we a Pyg or Metamorpho from BtB.

I obviously I won't be sharing the characters I'll be using or what I've heard from the show, as I don't want to get in to any trouble. But if anything should be taken from this it's expect a wider and more diverse range of characters from DC. Expect either next year or the year after to have a focus on the obscure characters. Because if I'm right and the characters I use are put into LEGO, Batman might finally take a backseat.

Seeing as Cartoon Network is planning to release a new Justice League animated series later this year, is anyone expecting more cartoon/comic-based JL sets in 2017?

Guess that answers my question :wink:

Congratulations on your achievement, Coca-Cola!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Guess that answers my question :wink:

Congratulations on your achievement, Coca-Cola!

I definitely didn't say Justice League :wink:

But thank you! Feels very unreal

I definitely didn't say Justice League :wink:

But thank you! Feels very unreal.

Is this project separate from Justice League Action?

Is this project separate from Justice League Action?

I can't officially say I'm associated with Justice League Action. But as far as I know it is the only DC project they have in the works. If that answers your question?

Edited by Coca-Cola

I can't officially say I'm associated with Justice League Action. But as far as I know it is the only DC project they have in the works. If that answers your question?

I'm catching your drift. Thanks for the response!