Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

That new mr. Freeze chestpiece with his helmet on could be used as Mysterio, right? Just add a cape and use the right colors

Revised the thread title to now include rumors, in addition to (baseless) speculation.

Edited by Sir Gareth

So, this is a promotional image (so not a spoiler) released of Ego. A character in the new Guardians Of The Galaxy film.

l_782.jpg

I'm hoping that he will be released in addition to the current GOTG sets. due to the characters role in the story, which will not be discussed here, and the design of the character as we do not have many bushy bearded figures in the MCU line-up.

Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide any pieces to make a custom version of this character.

44 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So, this is a promotional image (so not a spoiler) released of Ego. A character in the new Guardians Of The Galaxy film.

I'm hoping that he will be released in addition to the current GOTG sets. due to the characters role in the story, which will not be discussed here, and the design of the character as we do not have many bushy bearded figures in the MCU line-up.

Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide any pieces to make a custom version of this character.

He's character is pretty important. Yeah, he should be released just to do justice. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

He's character is pretty important. Yeah, he should be released just to do justice. 

I think as a figure he'd look sort of like Force Awakens Luke if we got a figure of him.

maxresdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

So he won't be purple. *sigh* Dangit James Gunn, you disapoint me again. I swear, if he doesn't appear as a Living Planet at any point in the film I'm going to be mad.

Anywaaaaay for being such an important part of the plot, it's pretty ridiculous he isn't getting a minifig or a brick-built Living Planet 'form'. Perhaps he'll get a polybag or a dreaded SDCC figure, but I won't give my hopes up.

18 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

So he won't be purple. *sigh* Dangit James Gunn, you disapoint me again. I swear, if he doesn't appear as a Living Planet at any point in the film I'm going to be mad.

Anywaaaaay for being such an important part of the plot, it's pretty ridiculous he isn't getting a minifig or a brick-built Living Planet 'form'. Perhaps he'll get a polybag or a dreaded SDCC figure, but I won't give my hopes up.

We have'nt currently got confirmation on his planet form, though if it does happen it will be heavily disappointing that we did not get some set representation. I suppose we can hold out hope for an additional fourth set, but from info we're unlikely to get it.

Phoenix Customs normally does good custom figures if we're not lucky enough to get a figure at SDCC or a polybag.

So some pictures from Infinity War set in Scotland surfaced recently and it appears Thanos will use Black Order to hunt for Infinity Stones. Corvus Glaive mo-cap has been seen on set, so what to expect from his minifigure? New weapon mold and headmold?

Edited by benderisgreat

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So some pictures from Infinity War set in Scotland surfaced recently and it appears Thanos will use Black Order to hunt for Infinity Stones. Corvus Glaive has been seen on set, so what to expect from his minifigure? New weapon mold and headmold?

I can see the weapon being brick built, as for the head yea it should be new mold/print/design

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I can see the weapon being brick built, as for the head yea it should be new mold/print/design

He has sort of elongated head, kinda like 2002 Green Goblin mask mold. I hope Lego will go full in for IW sets and won't skip on new molds.

7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

He has sort of elongated head, kinda like 2002 Green Goblin mask mold. I hope Lego will go full in for IW sets and won't skip on new molds.

**cross fingers** Hopefully,  I have high expectation for Infinity War sets it will be a massive release!

42 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

**cross fingers** Hopefully,  I have high expectation for Infinity War sets it will be a massive release!

I sure hope so. Wikipedia lists no less than 26 different characters so far confirmed for the movie, and there may be more yet to be announced (Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thanos's servants, for example). "Age of Ultron" got 6 sets with less than 20 characters. I shudder to think how many sets we'll need to do "Infinity War" justice.

Just now, Felkin said:

I sure hope so. Wikipedia lists no less than 26 different characters so far confirmed for the movie, and there may be more yet to be announced (Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thanos's servants, for example). "Age of Ultron" got 6 sets with less than 20 characters. I shudder to think how many sets we'll need to do "Infinity War" justice.

I am personally looking forward to MCU Thanos, (having the gauntlet) updated versions of superheroes, like Ant-man (civil war suit) but for sure there will be a re-use figs. 

7 minutes ago, Felkin said:

There's definitely going to be a lot of minifigures in the sets: all Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thanos and Black Order. Tbh I hope for at least 7 sets ( this might include retail exclusive sets) and whole 1st half of 2018 sets except for probably Black Panther set will be based on IW. 

I might be afraid for the movie (no freakin' movie can support that many characters. How many characters until your movie is nothing but cameos?) but I really like the thought of the Lego sets. I have high hopes for the next Avengers movie sets. :)

Just now, BrickG said:

I might be afraid for the movie (no freakin' movie can support that many characters. How many characters until your movie is nothing but cameos?) but I really like the thought of the Lego sets. I have high hopes for the next Avengers movie sets. :)

Well, just because there is a lot of characters in it doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to play a big role in the movie. They could just be background characters. And the sets from the movie will definitely be good. I guess we will see next year. 

29 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

In new Thor trailer his hammer clearly gets destroyed, so are we going to get new hammer mold for IW sets?

Absolutely, we are getting Jarnbjorn.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Absolutely, we are getting Jarnbjorn.

I actually thought it was going to be Ultimate Universe Mjolnir, it kinda looks like axe from one side. But whatever it is it definitely needs me mold!

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I actually thought it was going to be Ultimate Universe Mjolnir, it kinda looks like axe from one side. But whatever it is it definitely needs me mold!

Like what you have said, whatever it is it needs to have a new mold. Awesome awesome! 

On 2/25/2017 at 4:27 PM, Scarilian said:

l_782.jpg

Yay!!!! A Lego Kurt Russell minifig!!! Is this a first assuming they make him?