Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Book II, Chapter 1, Category A: Not All Victories Are Won With A Blade

indexed.gif

Near Abyssian, Lord Ssilyrrlith prepares for war against Lord Raavage by building dozens of garrisons around his fortress in the swamp. These garrisons house hundreds of soldiers and recruits, and are guarded by all manner of un-dead or vile creatures. At the postern gate of one of these garrisons a lone human waits until the guard's back is turned, picks the lock, and slips inside.

10967078526_b46d6b91b4_c.jpg

Varl the Poisoner has been hired by Lord Raavage to do as much damage as possible to the growing army. Varl had been disfigured during an accident involving the wrong mixture of ingredients for a potion he was working on. This only caused his hatred for all living things to increase and he willing took on any jobs that allowed him to take vengeance on all around him.

10967193473_170b786e13_c.jpg

He slipped a few drops of his own poison brew into the entire drink supply of the garrison and smiled a grim sort of smile. The only one, in fact, that his face allowed him to now. He knew that this was one garrison that would never fight against Lord Raavage.

10967009046_c6a9ce7d06_c.jpg

10966962285_cd31e25d15_c.jpg

10966886455_f6bbcc91e4_c.jpg

See more pictures at My Flickr

Great story! I also really like the swamp and the interior of the garrison. :thumbup:

For the glory of the Black Spire!

Great use of those wedge pieces on the fortress :thumbup:The landscape looks appropriate for Nocturnus and I like the floor pattern in the building.

It seems to me that the guard would hear someone coming in the door or poisoning food right underneath him. Neat idea for the category though :classic:

Great use of those wedge pieces on the fortress :thumbup:The landscape looks appropriate for Nocturnus and I like the floor pattern in the building.

It seems to me that the guard would hear someone coming in the door or poisoning food right underneath him. Neat idea for the category though :classic:

Yeah, that's the weakest point of the story. You just have to trust that Varl is super quiet and that the un-dead have bad hearing :wink:

nice story man and i like the swamp :)

poison...

(<- going youtube to hear poison, Tarja cover xd)

Great work on the ground outside! :classic:

I also like the idea of another kind of fighting than just by the blade.

Looks really good! I like the angels on the building and the idea to fight in an another way!

The background could use som GIMP or some use with the flat-iron! :wink: