Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - H08] - What An Asteroid!

Tags: Science, Octan, Civil, Space Vehicle

// PERSONAL DIARY //

One of our ELINT vessels picked up a weird signal coming from the Sinden's Run region. I'd been working on the weird listening posts and thought it might be connected. I asked Dr. Long if I could go with ED-208 to investigate and she agreed it would be for the best. She had seemed tense lately. Well, more tense. Every time I went to her office to discuss a theory about the listening posts with her she acted very tired and weary. Clearly she was worried about this and I needed to get to the bottom of it!

Knowing that we would need to pinpoint the signal's source I launched one of my new astrodroid's to locate it. Within a day it had found the source and using its gripper claws had clung to it. It was very close to the object so it was hard to tell what it was, but it looked a lot like an asteroid.

I wasn't sure what we would find, but since it was in space and I was likely to want to get a close look at it I decided to grab one of our Octan space suits so I could be free to inspect it. ED-208 grabbed one of our space maintenance craft and modified it with "essential equipment". I noted that simply was a heavy gun and he stated "that will solve any issues we come across." I asked how it would help if I had a leak in my suit or something and he insisted it would "fix it, don't worry." He must mean he could salvage parts from the gun to render assistance.

As we arrived I could see it was not a natural asteroid, it was simply made to look like one. It even had fake Awesomnium deposits on it. ED-208 suggested we destroy it immediately. I said that we needed to analyze it to see what clues it had. I offered that once it had been analyzed by myself and others at Octan that I would submit a request that he be allowed to be the one to properly dispose of it. I know his mouth piece doesn't allow for it, but I could swear I saw him grin.

20950464900_9688cbf43a_c.jpg

Extra pics:

20951803369_ec1a85b59b_c.jpg

21146362551_485d078c03_c.jpg

20515928804_0e24424c2b_c.jpg

21146362751_dbc194d6c5_c.jpg

21112364026_49075fb331_c.jpg