TPLSTER21

Lego Ultra Agents 2015

Names of new sets are pretty interesting, and this hooded guy reminds me Von Nebula... However, I'm really happy that Ultra Agents will be continued :laugh:

And, here's picture, how I imagine set UltraCopter vs AntiMatter:

http://img3.wikia.no..._AnitMatter.png

-H.unter

That's really sweet! I can see that... I was definitely expecting a retread of the Agents 2009 copter. :grin:

I could see that Ultracopter having dual rotors or even being something like an Osprey type plane. I envision it being more bulky/chunky and not streamlined/long/rounded like a regular helicopter.

Nice mock-up though Hunter1! I like it!

Last year, we got "leaked" photos and pre-mature set photo posts from retailers in mid-late September and we usually have official pics by early-mid October. Also people who have seen the catalog usually post detailed descriptions around this time, so we should get some more details soon!

Well, if the price list is true, then I am really glad that $9.99 sets are still around-$11.99 isn't much more, but it begins to add up. Even if it is $11.99, I'll probably pick up most of this wave as it sounds even better than this year's!

Names of new sets are pretty interesting, and this hooded guy reminds me Von Nebula... However, I'm really happy that Ultra Agents will be continued :laugh:

And, here's picture, how I imagine set UltraCopter vs AntiMatter:

http://img3.wikia.no..._AnitMatter.png

-H.unter

I'd like AntiMatter to have a mech, but would that be too similar to the Agents HQ set, which had a large Agents vehicle and a villain mech? For variety's sake, of course.

Though a helicopter is nowhere close to a big rig, so it could still work.

Edited by Kalhiki

Thoughts:

AntiMatter: Whatever his vehicle is, it will be dwarfed by the Ultracopter. Let's not forget Loki's chariot...

Spyclops: I'm kind of torn on this one. On the one hand, it's not the most obvious name. I believe Josh Thunder was confirmed to not be related to Johnny, despite the same last name. But, Spyclops is a very specific punny name. So it seems almost unlikely that they'd just use it twice. But, then again, nothing in this line seems to be related to previous lines, other than Blaze.

Let me explain what I mean by that. Ninjago is connected to both Clutch Powers(TV series) and Exo-Force(Sticker on the side of the Mech-Dragon). By extension, it's also connected to SPIII, Power Miners, City, Castle(Fantasy Era), and Pirates(The Brickbeard's Bounty can be briefly seen in several shots in the City and credits from CP). If you feel industrious(and you spend long hours drawing out lines like I do.), you could come up with even more connections. But, this is simply the ones that it is connected to.

Ultra Agents has only one partial connection, to Galaxy Squad. You can take that, and drag it out a bit more, connecting from Galaxy Squad to Monster Fighters, but I am not aware of any connections beyond that. Certainly no connections to the original* Agents theme, other than the "Ultra," which seems to more be saying that they are more skilled than the normal MiBs of Astor City, rather than the Agents.

Astor City, wherever it happens in the timeline, is a totally new location. LEGO has no previous connections to any other themes in this**, and it's been long enough since Agents that the name "Spyclops" has entered the "re-use" domain.

That's not to say that Astor City can't be considered in the ranks of the "main***" continuity. DROME Racers was a "?" as to continuity until the Detective**** specifically mentioned it.

*That would technically be Alpha Team, if you want to be fully accurate as to the 'Original' agents, but I think you get my point. :tongue:

**I've always wondered to what level they kept in mind connections...

***I use Clutch Powers as a baseline. It was pretty much the first LEGO media release that clearly showed two separate themes existing in the same world(other than the 2005 Christmas Club Magazine, and leaving the Time Cruisers as a question mark.).

****The CMFs have been surprisingly helpful in that way. Although the Sleepyhead did suggest that the Time Cruisers were supposed to have just been a dream. :thumbdown: . Subverted by the fact that he also "dreamed" about Knights Kingdom II, which is a confirmed portion of continuity*****.

*****Yes, the brightly colored knights are LEGO canon, and existed in the same world as LEGO City and Space. It's a big LEGO Universe****** out there...

******Which brings to mind the question of whether or not LU exists in the main continuity, seeing as it never exactly violated any canon rules and was located beyond "searching countless worlds". Johnny Thunder was a bit of stretch, but so are dinosaurs...

I'm really excited to hear that they're continuing the line! This is currently my favorite LEGO line. :D

These sound great! Could one be female? I hope it's Invizable. It could have partial trans parts, like trans-clear legs or arms.

Drillex seems like a clear reference to Skrillex, and will be underground-themed. How will they make an original drill tank? Bane's got one already.

Anti-Matter sounds unbelievably awesome, and to see the purple, hooded mastermind villain is great. Spy-clops? Let's hope it's a legacy name, rather than a conceptual repeat.

I would love it if there was a new agent named Flint Sparks. It would be absolutely perfect for the theme naming. Probably not happening, though.

I'm excited! And I know that my birthday wishlist will now be the JL wave of Super Heroes, and probably this.

The Villan names they have given us so far, Spyclops, Invizable, Drillex and Anti Matter all sound male. My guess is that you got your token female villan in the last wave with Toxikita. However, that doesn't rule out the possibility of a female agent(s) in one or more of the sets (pretty much a given), female civilians or even a female "henchwoman" for one of the villans.

I too am curious as to the look of the Drillex set. I haven't seen the Bane tank so I'm not sure how big that set is, but the Drillex set should have around 350-400 pieces give or take. The one "report" we have on the set details for this wave said that the tank has 2 drills.

As for Spyclops, I'm guessing the are just re-using the name and not recycling the character altogether. If they did that, they would be producing a figure very similar to Overborg from Ninjago and I don't see Lego doing that.

I guess it goes without saying at this point, but if anyone has seen the sets in the retail catalog and can provide some additional details that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Spyclops: I'm kind of torn on this one. On the one hand, it's not the most obvious name. I believe Josh Thunder was confirmed to not be related to Johnny, despite the same last name. But, Spyclops is a very specific punny name. So it seems almost unlikely that they'd just use it twice. But, then again, nothing in this line seems to be related to previous lines, other than Blaze.

*That would technically be Alpha Team, if you want to be fully accurate as to the 'Original' agents, but I think you get my point. :tongue:

******Which brings to mind the question of whether or not LU exists in the main continuity, seeing as it never exactly violated any canon rules and was located beyond "searching countless worlds". Johnny Thunder was a bit of stretch, but so are dinosaurs...

No, Josh was confirmed to be a descendant of Johnny via the LEGO website. Spyclops is unlikely to be the same Spyclops anyway, and the name will probably change. Like how Infearno was originally read as Inferno.

LU is a separate world, I wouldn't try to figure out a "continuity" between every LEGO world. Castle itself had two different versions, and we all know the diehard BIONICLE fans will try to link old with new.

Spyclops is unlikely to be the same Spyclops anyway, and the name will probably change.

It is different, because Agents minifigure is Spy Clops, and Ultra Agents minifigure is Spyclops.

That's entirely inconsequential. I've seen it as Spy Clops, Spyclops, and Spy-Clops for the original villain alone, but it's logically a different character for sake of originality. The UA theme prefers subtler references.

That's entirely inconsequential. I've seen it as Spy Clops, Spyclops, and Spy-Clops for the original villain alone, but it's logically a different character for sake of originality. The UA theme prefers subtler references.

Then again, you never know when a character from a different theme might show up and surprise you. Remember when Dr. Brains from Power Miners showed up in a 2011 Atlantis set? Granted, that was a character who was still in sets the year before, not one who hadn't been seen or heard from in many years.

As I mentioned before, I don't think that this is the same Spyclops from the previous line of agents. The minifig torso with spider legs would be a bit too similar to Overborg from the 2014 Winter Ninjago wave. What I think it might be (given the designers love of shout-outs to older toy lines) is a character with a large visor or helmet with a single robotic eye inspired by......TriClops....from He-Man!! The Spyclops name may refer to said helmet/visor giving him enhanced vision that makes him some kind of superspy and a pure "rival agent" to the Ultra Agents.

The minifig torso with spider legs would be a bit too similar to Overborg from the 2014 Winter Ninjago wave.

I don't think that that would be too much of an issue, seeing as how we have a scorpion fig and a spider fig at the same time as Overborg*. :laugh:

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it turns out to be the old character, but I'm prepared for it to go either way.

*I get that it's a reference to the mechno aspect, I just couldn't resist.

Overborg was a lot different in style to the Spiders and Scorpions from Chima. It was intended to look mechanical, it was a 6-legged chair not an 8-legged arachnid. Bonus points for in the plot it being something other than a very lame fighting suit: Borg was disabled, it was a "legchair" :tongue:

Overborg was a lot different in style to the Spiders and Scorpions from Chima. It was intended to look mechanical, it was a 6-legged chair not an 8-legged arachnid. Bonus points for in the plot it being something other than a very lame fighting suit: Borg was disabled, it was a "legchair" :tongue:

I know. I was just trying to make a joke.

70166 €.9,99

70167 €.19,99

70168 €.33,99

70169 €.49,99

70170 €.69,99 New in April 2015

70166 €.9,99

70167 €.19,99

70168 €.33,99

70169 €.49,99

70170 €.69,99 New in April 2015

Thanks for the info legomilk! Since you always seem to have the inside scoop on upcoming sets, are there any other details you can share with us? Also is the entire wave slated for an April release in Europe or just 70170? Since these sets are in the winter catalog, I would assume a late 2014 pre-Christmas release in North America with a European release sometime shortly thereafter?

Aw, no! I don't want to wait till April for AntiMatter! Why would they do that, instead of putting it in the rest of the wave? Sure, "final-battle", but still.

April seems like a much better time as there are just SO MANY adventure themes coming out at once (The Lego Movie, Pirates, Bionicle, Chima, Ninjago, and Agents). By pushing it to April, it gets it's own separate release unaffected by those 5 super-popular themes. Chima went that route this year (what with The Lego Movie releasing a huge range of sets, not to mention the "return" of Ninjago). By releasing in March, Chima had that release window all to themselves.

Aw, no! I don't want to wait till April for AntiMatter! Why would they do that, instead of putting it in the rest of the wave? Sure, "final-battle", but still.

legomilk's info has usually been accurate, but I'm really wondering about this. If we are talking about an April release for the entire line by North American standards that almost qualifies as a summer release which would make zero sense since the sets are in the winter catalog. If they are delaying just 70170, that makes even less sense. Unless we get some more details, I think that the April release date may apply to Europe only. With Galaxy Squad for example, the sets were out in N.A. in late 2012 and the entire line was delayed until summer 2013 in Europe. I also think that the April 2015 date applies to entire wave. If so, I feel bad for European fans of the theme....

The April release seemed like it only applied to UltraCopter vs. AntiMatter, which I really hope doesn't happen. I'd want to get the whole wave at once (I have a birthday in the beginning of the year), so it would be annoying.

AntiMatter---WANT! A new hood, a new diamond color, trans purple lattice dish and unprinted moonstones...Perfect!!! The copter is cool, as is the new Agent.

Stealth Bike- I had the feeling Invizable would be an Invisible Man reference. I love the bike.

Drillex- cool new agent with a good hairpiece, awesome tank, similar diamond setup to the Astor Lab pedestal, meh villain.

Spy-clops: Oh, something new! Yay! I like the emphasis on spiders, and he looks like a cyborg exterminator! Blond Agent again.

Agent Patrol- YES! Toxikita's back! P.U.P., Chima orange GP armor, and the HF canister make it perfect! The mech and car are cool, too.

I am really excited!