Yzalirk

The Story of Niro: The Beginning

Nice to see the beginning of your story line!

Great posing here. With such a small, intimate build, posing becomes all-important.

Great Story Behemoth.. Damn murderers!

Nice little tent, I like the inclusion of the ant and gold platter :thumbup: Good to see a build from you :classic:

It's strange that Niro is smiling through the whole thing :sceptic: and maybe a picture of the overall build? But I like the figs and the story is great!

Thank you guys, I'm glad you all liked the Part One of the story. It's not going to be very long, just the main points in Niro's life that stand out the most.

About the parts in the build, I don't have lots of young looking faces but I found a replacement that could work for the next part. Also, the build isn't that big (UtilityBelt), the base is I believe either 16x16 or 17x17, so it's pretty small. But I assume you meant a picture of the build itself without minifigs? If so, I can't easily upload one in a little bit.

I'm also glad everyone's liking the story! I know I can make it longer and a bit better but sometimes I just lose my thoughts when I add tons of details in my stories so I water it down just a bit so I can contain main thoughts I want in it. I've also been known to write some pretty gruesome stories but with an interesting kick, I just hope I can show it.

... For the life of me I cannot remember who is based in Qarkyr.(Kai is the lord of Qarkyr)...

Actually, though I have built a thing or two there (I believe), it's not mine; it was already on the map I think quite a while before I joined.

I have an EasyShare myself. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for LEGOs! The keys (for me) are:

1. tripod - seriously, go buy a decent one if you don't have one
  2. lighting - minimum of 3 lights in my experience, make sure they are "daylight" bulbs
  3. macro - "flower power" is a very useful thing to have
  4. GIMP/Photoshop - GIMP is FREE and works just fine, it's what I use, though with proper use of the three above you can produce pictures that don't need help

I used my EasyShare for this MOC, and didn't have to edit for color, shadows or other oopses. I only hit the pics with GIMP to resize.

If you're taking pictures of sports or fighter jets (airshows are awesome...), then yeah, you need a big honking camera with a few lenses.

I have an EasyShare myself. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for LEGOs! The keys (for me) are:

1. tripod - seriously, go buy a decent one if you don't have one
  2. lighting - minimum of 3 lights in my experience, make sure they are "daylight" bulbs
  3. macro - "flower power" is a very useful thing to have
  4. GIMP/Photoshop - GIMP is FREE and works just fine, it's what I use, though with proper use of the three above you can produce pictures that don't need help

I used my EasyShare for this MOC, and didn't have to edit for color, shadows or other oopses. I only hit the pics with GIMP to resize.

If you're taking pictures of sports or fighter jets (airshows are awesome...), then yeah, you need a big honking camera with a few lenses.

Those are some excellent pictures! :wub:

Mind if you post some links for the things you use?

Actually, though I have built a thing or two there (I believe), it's not mine; it was already on the map I think quite a while before I joined.

I was going by DM's thread -- I knew it was an original city, I thought that like Gideon, you had moved in as the lord there.

Indeed excellent story and very good minifig posing! Keep them coming :)

I was going by DM's thread -- I knew it was an original city, I thought that like Gideon, you had moved in as the lord there.

Oh, okay, I had forgotten about that but reading through I did say I could represent Qarkyr. *sigh* Ageven obviously has too many responsibilities to keep track of ... :tongue: