Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

[SONE Episode 6] A Brief Mission

I'd heard a lot about Ord Mantell being filled with junkyards, but I'd always assumed people were exaggerating. They weren't.

It didn't take us long to realise that Fett had left this planet a while ago, and I can't blame him. It's the end of the mission for me.

14908959462_d2f8e8f490_z.jpg

Without figs

14909273075_ecc5cc1cc4_z.jpg

Sorry about the poor photography, C&C welcome.

I love it! It's very small but it definitely suits Ord Mantell a lot (in my opinion) and it's funny! :thumbup:

I like your short little story and your barbed wire a lot! However, I think you could do with some more SW style junk laying around the build. It's doesn't look very cluttered, just hazardous to walk around. Also, can we get a view from the top showing more of the details? I think that would help your overall presentation too.

I think that there's too much brown and foliage which makes it look more like a marsh. But I think that Ord Mantell was more of a desert planet. The build itself is nice and I'd only sugest that at the brders all the plates touch the ground. Also adding more junk with more SW feel would help a lot. This way with the barbed wires it looks more like a WW front to me.

That certainly looks like a place that isn't nice to get around! The barbed wire doesn't look very SW though. You could use that to make this place look really uncomfortable, but only if you place it in the proper context. You could have more science fiction elements, and then that barbed wire. that contrast would come out, to give the barbed wire more effect and to make the scene look less like a war front here on earth. You could also ask yourself why there could be barbed wire. Was it to keep people out, or to keep animals out, or was it just left there as part of the junk? Once you've found your reason, you can show it to us, and your build will have more character and sense.

The structure in the back evokes a ruin easily. But it looks like an earthly ruin, especially with that statue. So make it look more like Star Wars, with visible tubes etc. And if you want to make it a ruined ruin, make sure to place some pieces at angles, as if they've sunk in the ground for a bit. So in general, think about what you're depicting. the barbed wire and the ruin are connected. Why and how? Could there be more elements to help to tell this story (preferably sci fi elements)? There are already some good elements, like the barbed wire, the statue and the nice little sci-fi fence thing. But they don't tell a coherent story, and get easily lost in earthly interpretations. So tie everything together in a new, sci fi context, and your build might look a whole lot better!

And I would definitely like to see that, because then it would have even more of that wonderful dangerous, outdated, mysterious atmosphere, like your present build already has. Find your strengths and use them, and this build my grow from a nice one to an incredible one. And then the Empire will even be prouder with your return.

Also your work does not fit in the standard portfolio of Ord Mantell it is still a nice vignette. It has an atmosphere of danger and pollution that I like. You could improve the look of your builds by adding a frame. It would look cleaner.