CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

With characters that are too dark, I believe our best chance of getting them is through an UCS set aimed at adults. After all we received the Heath Ledger Joker(who made pencils dissappear using goons eye sockets.)

I've just heard something very sad, Doc Strange and Cap 3 will never have a comic on panel :cry_sad: Marvel won't be at this years Comic Con

I've just heard something very sad, Doc Strange and Cap 3 will never have a comic on panel :cry_sad: Marvel won't be at this years Comic Con

It's due to marketing not being needed for Age of Ultron.

I'm sure there will still be Marvel Comic-con exclusives to upset us all.

That and they had the own mini comic con a few months ago to announce Phase 3's line up.

All they would have to show is som Cap and Doc Strange footage, which wouldn't be worth it. I'm sure Lego will be there with their own Marvel stuff.

That and they had the own mini comic con a few months ago to announce Phase 3's line up.

All they would have to show is som Cap and Doc Strange footage, which wouldn't be worth it. I'm sure Lego will be there with their own Marvel stuff.

Dear Lego,

Please don't do a freaking awesome figure as a comic con exclusive.

Thank You.

So I got to thinking. Is it possible we ever see a variation of Jean Grey/Phoenix, Spider Woman or Bucky Cap?

Dear Lego,

Please don't do a freaking awesome figure as a comic con exclusive.

Thank You.

So I got to thinking. Is it possible we ever see a variation of Jean Grey/Phoenix, Spider Woman or Bucky Cap?

If Bucky takes the mantle in civil war we do

What if the exclusive at comic con is Coulson :snicker:

I don't really care anyway, most exclusives are unreachable and most of the time uninteresting for me

Spider Woman doesn't seem too out-there, especially now that Marvel's got Spidey back for the most part and she's got an updated costume.

Jean Grey is going to be a little harder, though, since Marvel's got a blockade on X-Men toys. There is hope out there, and it probably resides in the new Fantastic 4 movie and X-Men Apocalypse just completely blowing it. I'd say Fox is a touch concerned having to go up against Marvel and Sony in one piece now, and if all goes well for Spidey in the Avengers and terribly for our mutants, Fox might pick up the phone and see if Marvel isn't willing to help out with their foundation, too.

Bucky's Cap is pretty likely, in one form or another. That could easily just be a Captain America variant, or even a movie-based fig if the MCU takes that road.

Good LORD, man! Bite thy tongue!

At this point, I'd be really bothered if anyone on Agents of SHIELD was the exclusive. The show might not always run at maximum capacity, but I really enjoy it and I feel attached enough to the characters to have a problem with their Lego selves being kept from me.

With characters that are too dark, I believe our best chance of getting them is through an UCS set aimed at adults. After all we received the Heath Ledger Joker(who made pencils dissappear using goons eye sockets.)

I always welcome UCS-like sets. Even if they have Minifigures of already released characters or of not-so-interesting characters the UCS have always my full attention :classic:

EDIT:

Good LORD, man! Bite thy tongue!

At this point, I'd be really bothered if anyone on Agents of SHIELD was the exclusive. The show might not always run at maximum capacity, but I really enjoy it and I feel attached enough to the characters to have a problem with their Lego selves being kept from me.

Me too, especially since I'd have no chance to get those exclusives. I'm able to attend the convention (even though I always dreamed to do) and I don't want to spend a lot of money from some reseller just to got a single Minifigure.

I hope if it is going to be an exclusive it will be a Lego Shop one :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

We've gotten Bucky Cap as an exclusive already. :tongue:

I mean, we could've gotten him already! Did anybody bother looking under Cap's mask? lol

I always welcome UCS-like sets. Even if they have Minifigures of already released characters or of not-so-interesting characters the UCS have always my full attention :classic:

UCS sets tend to be too big and too pricy for me. I think Daredevil would fit just as well in an Avengers set when Civil War or Infinity War come around, or even just as a comic-based figure.

:cry3: I will cry if he or any characters from Agents of SHIELD are exclusives.

Speaking of which, I really feel the show deserves its own set. In fact, I think this line should be rebranded as LEGO Marvel Universe to allow sets centered around characters that are not necessarily Super Heroes, but still cool nonetheless.

Anyways, I've picked up the Hydra Showdown set, and I actually quite like it. It is a bit small, but I think both vehicles are great builds. Hawkeye is also a vast improvement over his 2012 variant, but he's missing his quiver.

For those of you who want a bucky cap but can't get him here's a simple way to make one. Take your classic cap from last year and replace the arms, legs, and waist with black.

I know that this is a purist thing but I thought it might apply on this page.

They had one last year to promote all their upcoming movies (i.e. Guardians and AoU).

I'd say the reason they aren't doing Comic Con this year is because Disney wanted to finally pull all of their Marvel stuff in their D23 Expo that they've been trying to make into a thing lately.

My guess is that Nick Fury will get an exclusive figure (AoU outfit) this year at SDCC. Maybe with a burglar hat.

:cry3: I will cry if he or any characters from Agents of SHIELD are exclusives.

Speaking of which, I really feel the show deserves its own set. In fact, I think this line should be rebranded as LEGO Marvel Universe to allow sets centered around characters that are not necessarily Super Heroes, but still cool nonetheless.

Anyways, I've picked up the Hydra Showdown set, and I actually quite like it. It is a bit small, but I think both vehicles are great builds. Hawkeye is also a vast improvement over his 2012 variant, but he's missing his quiver.

That just sounds like semantics. They could easily get away with making an Agents of SHIELD set so long as the builds are cool. If nothing else, they could easily slip them into sets as "SHIELD Agent" minifigs or civilians. Y'know, have a set like the Helicarrier Breakout but replace Hawkeye with Agent May or Ward piloting that jet, or maybe Fitz or Skye driving a truck like in the Doc Ock set or the Quinjet. That'd be easy enough, and make for a nice means of supplying older fans desired figures instead of filler ones.

My guess is that Nick Fury will get an exclusive figure (AoU outfit) this year at SDCC. Maybe with a burglar hat.

On one hand, that'd make for a neat exclusive.

On the other hand, I'd really like to have that.

The plague of SDCC exclusives.

Me too, especially since I'd have no chance to get those exclusives. I'm able to attend the convention (even though I always dreamed to do) and I don't want to spend a lot of money from some reseller just to got a single Minifigure.

I hope if it is going to be an exclusive it will be a Lego Shop one :classic:

I'd be down with that idea. Those exclusives are always much more attainable and make for a nice excuse to blow my college fund on a tiny army of Iron Man suits. The Martian Manhunter got me three sets and the joys of one of my favorite Leaguers, so I'd love to see Marvel hop on that side and give us Coulson, or really anyone who isn't just a variant on an existing character. Basically, don't make me spend seventy bucks for Rocket Racoon in a change of clothes. Maybe like Captain Britain, Gwen Stacy, Moon Knight, Punisher, She-Hulk, or Ms. Marvel even.

I know this is too far ahead, but i wanna see what we have in the cup for next year:

Civil War: Doc Strange:

- Iron Man - Doc Strange

- Cap - Dormammu (???)

- Bucky

Baron Zemo and Crossbones

- Spidey

- Hawkeye

- Falcon

- Black Panther

These we know for sure, then the ones that are roughly confirmed

- Scarlet Witch

- Quicksilver

- Black Widow

- Daredevil (???)

That's quite a list, especially the Civil War one... i am expecting 3 sets, but i don't know if you can fit 11/12 figs into that?

For Strange i expect 1 set just like Ant Man this year

Okay, that's it go on with this year :grin:

I don't think the villain for doc strange is dormammu. The first villain in the spoiler has been confirmed for both civil war and the doc strange movies.

That's quite a list, especially the Civil War one... i am expecting 3 sets, but i don't know if you can fit 11/12 figs into that?

For Strange i expect 1 set just like Ant Man this year

Their are actually about 7 Superhero characters on each side in Civil War. Though we wont get figures of the following in Civil War sets;

- Thor

is apparently off-world after the events of AoU and returns in Infinity War Part 1, so we wont see him get a figure

- Doctor Strange

while he may appear in the film, he will instead be in a Doctor Strange set if one is made

- Winter Soldier

with Lego trying to force people to buy the Helicarrier to get him, i doubt we'll get him in a set anytime soon

- Ant-Man

while he could appear in the film, we will have just gotten him for the 2015 summer sets

- Hulk

apparently off-world after the events of AoU so we wont see him either

- Baron Zemo/Mordo this character is signed on to reprise and be a main villain in Doctor Strange, so he'll likely appear in the Doctor Strange set

- Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Agents Of Shield

while all these could appear, i doubt we will see figures of them because they are not as main as the other heroes in the MCU

------

Civil War Lego sets (Theory);

Given the large cast i can easily see 3-4 sets based off the theme;

Wakanda Clash;

War Machine

Hawkeye

Black Panther

Registration gone wrong;

Falcon

Black Widow

Spider-man

Sharon Carter

Final Showdown set;

Iron Man

Captain America

Crossbones

Captain Marvel

Doctor Strange Lego sets (Theory);

Is more than likely going to get a single set with 3-4 figures probably along the lines of the following;

1. Doctor Strange
  2. The Ancient One
  3. Dormammu
  4. Baron Zemo/Mordo

Edited by Scarilian

Please, we don't want your guess on future sets :(

Pretty sure that is what this thread is about, guessing, theorising and discussion :P

Though i understand that 2016 set speculations are a bit off-topic so wont mention them again, just was something people were talking about.

Edited by Scarilian