CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Iron Man Vs Ultron is probably one of the best set's i've seen in a long while for army building. Little disappointing that all the Ultron's are the same, but its a very detailed printing, so i'm alright with it. Will definitely be getting a couple of them

Sure enough, I see two Age of Ultron sets on Amazon:

Curious that they only have two...

The rest will likely be added later, the UK has the whole set on Amazon other than the Hydra base.

I can't wait to army build with the Iron Man vs Ultron sets. Although I wish the drones had red eyes rather than blue but it's cool we're even getting Ultron at all.

I think as you mentioned, someone got mixed up.

The first variation of Ultron is either the one we have at the Hulkbuster Smash or the variation from Attack On Avengers Tower.

Most likely the following;

- Ultron's computer chip is found and implanted into a drone

- The drone witnesses the Hulkbuster fight (Ultron Prime)

- Ultron is damaged in the battle and rebuilds himself and attacks the Avengers (Ultron Mk1)

- Ultron upgrades himself with Vibranium (Ultimate Ultron)

Um attack on avengers tower happens first. They battle Hydra, win, and come home to party. Ultron comes in.

That's why that version is called Mark 1!!!

Has anyone received their order of Iron Man vs. Ultron? My set should be here sometime tomorrow.

I just built mine (got it with Prime's 2 day delivery service), and must say I'm surprised by the quality of the set. The minfigs themselves are great, though the helmet on the Ultron Officer looks goofy. Not certain about the lines on Iron Man's helmet, but the rest of the figure is very detailed and cool, even with the bright red mixed into his color scheme. The build itself is cool, though a bit lackluster without the figures put on it. I'll end up picking up another of these sets when I get the full wave for sure. :wub:

So let me get this straight....the Ultron officer's helmet makes it look......

Disneygoofy2012.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't help myself......now on-topic if AoU sets are in the states already then why must us Aussies wait another about two months for our turn ?

I just built mine (got it with Prime's 2 day delivery service), and must say I'm surprised by the quality of the set. The minfigs themselves are great, though the helmet on the Ultron Officer looks goofy. Not certain about the lines on Iron Man's helmet, but the rest of the figure is very detailed and cool, even with the bright red mixed into his color scheme. The build itself is cool, though a bit lackluster without the figures put on it. I'll end up picking up another of these sets when I get the full wave for sure. :wub:

The Mark 45's helmet varies from the Mark 43's, right? I'm planning on picking up at least 2 Mark 43s and putting one of the helmets on the Mark 42.

So let me get this straight....the Ultron officer's helmet makes it look......

Sorry, couldn't help myself......now on-topic if AoU sets are in the states already then why must us Aussies wait another about two months for our turn ?

That's how it works man, we europeans have to wait as well

Edited by LuxorV

Um attack on avengers tower happens first. They battle Hydra, win, and come home to party. Ultron comes in.

That's why that version is called Mark 1!!!

I suppose that could be the case, however judging from film descriptions

The Hydra battle goes terribly

so not sure why they'd want to party...

The Avengers also adress him as Ultron upon seeing him at the party... implying they know who/what he is from before.

The Ultron Prime in the comics was also the first version of Ultron, when the drone first became Ultron. Mark 1 might simply be his first true form with Prime being his drone form.

Muh Ama-zone order came today

16478765686_0308b3a03c_z.jpg

16318486719_3940117df5_z.jpg

15882204914_61e8ab6424_z.jpg

16318486619_2edf6444d3_z.jpg

The vehicle itself is pretty bad. I'm sure it's accurate to the film, but as a display piece, it looks very clunky on the front and too thin on the back. The minifigures however all kick butt! There's three of the same minifigure (except one has a different helmet) and a new and exclusive Iron Man, all which look great for the $13 USD price point.

On the Brickshow's review of the helicarrier, did anyone see that Captain America's shield is battle damaged? There are two silvery white streaks that makes it look like the paint is chipped.

The Avengers also adress him as Ultron upon seeing him at the party... implying they know who/what he is from before.

The Ultron Prime in the comics was also the first version of Ultron, when the drone first became Ultron. Mark 1 might simply be his first true form with Prime being his drone form.

I'm pretty sure empire magazine said the party scene is after the hydra scene but later on. Thats what i read in the AOU special edition issue, So Mk1 is probably the first ultron, the hulkbuster thing happens later as its a completely different location to the hydra fortress. On topic i reckon Prime is the form from the EW cover, it makes the most sense,as the figure torso and legs is close to the drone's designs, i reckon they just gave them all round eyes for an unknown reason. Perhaps the reason the MK1 is so damaged is because Tony uses him and the drones in the Strucker sequence, that would be a good way to introduce him into the plot.

Edited by legofreak86

What a fantastic set. I know it has already been said but it's great for army building. I am also pleasantly surprised with the interior of the Avengers Tower, I mean I will probably make my own version of the tower as I'm going to buy two or three of them and make one big one but it's still fantastic for the price. :grin: Do we have pictures of the Quinjet interior?

You know, I thought it was weird that these were on Amazon a whole month before release, but them just having a February release makes more sense. I always thought it was weird to get sets in the same month as the movie when it's usually the sets come out a month or two before the movie. Will certainly be getting this on Amazon!

Yeah, its definitely a set designed more around the prospect of figures, as such i dont mind the vehicle. It does its job and i'll probably use the parts to make a better 'Green Goblin Glider' unless we get a good one with the small set that we should see the weekend... hopefully...

That's a pass for me. I'll order the figs on BL.

Given the price these figures normally sell for, you might honestly be better getting the set than buying them individually. Especially if you want a lot of figures...

Muh Ama-zone order came today

Just inquiring, when did you order yours?

Ordered the 'Attack On Avengers Tower' so if my order follows how yours was delivered, should get it by next week at the latest :3

They know who Ultron is because he is the leader of the Iron Legion Drones. Hence why his Mark 1 looks like a broken damaged version.

I believe he gets severely damaged in the Hydra fight or something.

Edited by DJ Bricks

They know who Ultron is because he is the leader of the Iron Legion Drones. Hence why his Mark 1 looks like a broken damaged version.

I believe he gets severely damaged in the Hydra fight or something.

While its true Ultron eventually takes over the Iron Legion Drones and moulds them in his own images, i'm not sure if he controls them beforehand... Though his Mark 1 version is made from a bunch of scrap suits

Edited by Scarilian

Guys I managed to find pictures of the back of the boxes to the hulk buster set, the small hydra chase set and the quintet!!!

There's a lot of information about play features that you can get from these images which I put on my youtube video which I'd love you to check out.

If you really don't want to then here is also a link to where I managed to find the images. Unfortunately they are low res, I couldn't get them any bigger.

I absolutely cannot wait to army build this set! :wub:

I for sure will be buying at least three, but I'm sure I'll pick up many more than that over it's self life. The minifigures are spectacular, and I just love the Ultron drone designs, especially how well the blue stands out from the gun-metal grey.

Guys I managed to find pictures of the back of the boxes to the hulk buster set, the small hydra chase set and the quintet!!!

There's a lot of information about play features that you can get from these images which I put on my youtube video which I'd love you to check out.

If you really don't want to then here is also a link to where I managed to find the images. Unfortunately they are low res, I couldn't get them any bigger.

Yes! The bike drops out of the Quinjet! Unfortunately that means no interior to seat our heroes.

That Hydra Henchman looks weird without any sort of weapon to defend himself.

Also Vision is fighting Ultron in the Quinjet set and Scarlet Witch is fighting the Hulkbuster.

While its true Ultron eventually takes over the Iron Legion Drones and moulds them in his own images, i'm not sure if he controls them beforehand... Though his Mark 1 version is made from a bunch of scrap suits

Tony creates Ultron with his personality. To lead the drones.

That's a pass for me. I'll order the figs on BL.

That really doesn't make sense. 4 figs + shipping is going to be around the same price of the actual set but instead you get bricks you can use as spare parts if you buy the set.

No, it said in the entertainment magazine that Ultron is the leader of iron legion (before he becomes sentient and evil)

Edited by Ultron