CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Somethings telling me that we are going to see the helicarrier pictures tomorrow. :)

What do you know... *oh2* TELL US

So I could possibly see 2-4 mini-figs coming with this set. My gut says we'll get Maria Hill, Phil Coulson, Nick Fury and .....?

If they put the bridge in as the imbedded "playset" feature to justify minifigs, then I would guess at a minimum a generic Shield officer or two. Someone to have sitting at the control console when Stark says "that man is playing Galaga! Didn't think we'd notice, but we did.". But with that said, knowing Lego they probably will not stick 100% to simply one scene or movie. They like to use figs or elements to somewhat broaden things. So we may see some characters from CA2 mixed in. Even if it isn't the exactly right model Helicarrier. Here are some of who I think we might see.

The almost certain candidates;

Nick Fury, pretty much a given. It's his boat. I can't see any chance that he is not in the set. He is like Darth Vader in the Death Star and SSD sets.

Maria Hill. An easy figure to do and a likely exclusive to this set. Once again she is too associated with the craft not to do her.

Agent Coulson. Yeah he will be there. Because this is the only real set we have seen for him, and there is to much fan interest in getting him for them not to do him. He is the big draw exclusive fig for this set, like the Heath Ledger Joker is for the Tumbler.

Less Likely but still strong potential;

Captain America in subdued Winter Soldier/Super Soldier outfit from the begining of CATWS.

Falcon, CATWS movie version.

Tony Stark in civilian out of armor garb ala Malibu Mansion set.

Bruce Banner, non Hulk civilian scientist garb. This is probably the only set for them to give us a non Hulked civilian Banner.

Random unnamed Shield guy to fly the thing.

Black Widow, with a new print.

Hawkeye. An easy one to throw in just to burn off any excess fig stock they have from prior sets. If we get him he would be the Avengers version most likely, and just be the same we have gotten before.

Loki. If the Helicarrier has Loki's cell we will get Loki to go in it.

The Full Avengers team from the first movie. If they opt to go more Arkham Assylum or Sandcrawler in terms of figures we will get the full team. If they go more SSD or Orthanc probably not.

Remote long shots;

Shield Agent Brock Rumlow, aka Crossbones. If they are going to give us a more standard Shield officer, they might opt for a named one.

Shield Agent Melinda May, aka The Cavalry. If they were to do any AOS character beyond Coulson, this would be who they do.

Dr. Erik Selvig. While he never appears on the Helicarrier, this would still be one place to shove him. Hopefully the version with pants. Yeah I'm grasping with this one.

Would be cool to see some of the AoS characters but it won't happen.

Agent Morse is all I want

All good guesses, I personally would expect a bit more than the definite 3 you posted, It wouldn't surprise me if one of the Key rooms (there will likely only be 2/3ish is a lab, Incorperating banner and tony? Another room would be the control/big room thingy, where fury, coulson and hill, would sit with a few computers and a pilots seat all merged into 1. then possibly a loki holding cell depending on what film they are rooting for. So that would make it have, Fury, coulson, hill, stark, banner, agent and maybe loki? I would say 7 figures for a set that size is fair? I am currently comparing it to the £170 sea cow which had a sizable boat with 6 figures (counting kitty and metal beard)

All good guesses, I personally would expect a bit more than the definite 3 you posted, It wouldn't surprise me if one of the Key rooms (there will likely only be 2/3ish is a lab, Incorperating banner and tony? Another room would be the control/big room thingy, where fury, coulson and hill, would sit with a few computers and a pilots seat all merged into 1. then possibly a loki holding cell depending on what film they are rooting for. So that would make it have, Fury, coulson, hill, stark, banner, agent and maybe loki? I would say 7 figures for a set that size is fair? I am currently comparing it to the £170 sea cow which had a sizable boat with 6 figures (counting kitty and metal beard)

Oh I expect more than the three that I am sure they would include. I would think it is somewhere in the 5-7 fig range.

Oh I expect more than the three that I am sure they would include. I would think it is somewhere in the 5-7 fig range.

It almost certianly should be, although these days you never know, E.G with the new slave 1 it was £170 and has only 4 figures? The same story with Orthanc. then on the other ned of the scale there's things like Arkham that are less but have an abundance if figures?

Odds are we'll get at least a control room and small lab. Yes the SSD sets have never had much, but their shape is awkwardly pyramid-ical as well, which takes out a massive chunk of the set where they could include 'figs otherwise. Plus they've never made a $300+ SSD, have we? I could be wrong, that just seems way too much to pay for a solid grey ship with no play features :P

You mean like this?

$399 for a large grey triangle with 5 minifigures. Two of which weren't exclusive.

http://brickset.com/sets/10221-1/Super-Star-Destroyer

If the Hellicarrier is $350 then it's $50 cheaper than the SSD... and on sale 4 years later. So I hope there's not too much inflation to take into account on that.

I am just really excited regardless. Do people think it would sell better if it had interior access? I can't really picture it doing too great otherwise as I know there was a lot of negativity towards the fact that the Tumbler was a big set which was not minifigure scale. I really hope we see Coulson and Hill - they practically have perfect designs for them from the video game!

Is anyone else upset that a lot of the good content from the game never really transitioned into real sets?

Somethings telling me that we are going to see the helicarrier pictures tomorrow. :)

Just had a thought... Eventually we could see, say, a UCS Milano, couldn't we? :D Like, I feel that's pretty comparable to the Slave I, and if the ship shows up after GotG 2 in any of the other movies... *Shrug*

I can see this happening if GOTG 2 makes as much money as Avengers Assemble

Oh btw trailer 2 is coming January 12th:

I have a Vision... that we'll see Vision :3

I am just really excited regardless. Do people think it would sell better if it had interior access? I can't really picture it doing too great otherwise as I know there was a lot of negativity towards the fact that the Tumbler was a big set which was not minifigure scale. I really hope we see Coulson and Hill - they practically have perfect designs for them from the video game!

Is anyone else upset that a lot of the good content from the game never really transitioned into real sets?

It was described as similar to the Super Star Destroyer... so i get the feeling that it implies we'll get some kind of interior.

I'm pretty sure it'll have some kind of interior although it pretty much depends on how they've interpreted the shape and the kind of structural work that's gone into it.

Anything that long will need some pretty hefty technic structural work going on.

The SSD is supported on 2 stands so it's raised... which I kind of expect the Hellicarrier to be. To me, that rules out the CA2 fight area at the bottom of the ship as it's not that accessible... especially if that's where the main support area is. The Hellicarrier doesn't have landing feet like the MF and the Shuttle so I think that shows a need for support bases.

The top of the Hellicarrier is essentially a flat surface with the bridge and control area to one side. I'd kind of expect this area at least to be accessible by removing the top part... possible the top landing platform to the rear of the hellicarrier to be removable to give some lab space in there.

If the image in the 'G' of the designer videos is indeed the Hellicarrier then that shows a small Quinjet mounted on a transparent stand to the front of the model. This isn't too far away from the small Star Destroyer that comes with the SSD for scale. This allows the model to be used as a display model while the top of the city part of the SSD was removable to give a bridge area for the 5 mini figures to 'play' in. This kind of feature would probably be the mix of 'play' and 'display' that we'll get.

If it is this space then that would probably only really allow for small amount of figures to come with the set... anywhere from 5 to 7 maybe? 3 or 4 for each playable area?

Just my guess... but from what I've read from the various people giving us info, and the image on the designer video, then that's what I'm expecting.

Well, today is make or break time for me. I've never spent more than $160 on one set, but if the set and minifigures are good, I'll have to save up!

Is it possible we could see Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 later this year? This year would be the prime time to release it.

Is it possible we could see Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 later this year? This year would be the prime time to release it.

I think that, based on the amount of hints given to us by TT Games (Batman shadow at the end of Marvel Super Heroes turns out to be Black Panther, Avengers shadows at the end of Batman 3 turn out to be some JLA members), we may be getting a Lego DC/Marvel crossover game this fall.

I was just assuming today, but i don't know anything. Hopefully tomorrow or next week for sure.

I have a feeling that you are correct because both Slave I and the Detective Agency were officially announced on a Friday. Also we know that its coming out any day now so maybe it will be today. If not I hope we don't have to wait an entire week :cry_sad: but whatever the outcome I will be happy to see it either way.

Oh btw trailer 2 is coming January 12th:

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LEGO STOP SHARING UNNECESSARY INFO! :grin:

Just Kidding thanks for sharing that its important to keep up with the news for the sets to compare new characters in the movie to their figure form!

Speaking of unnecessary

Just Kidding thanks for sharing that its important to keep up with the news for the sets to compare new characters in the movie to their figure form!

Speaking of unnecessary info... ANT MAN MICRO SIZED TRAILER! Literally Micro sized...

Lol, THANK YOU! :snicker:

Speaking of unnecessary

Speaking of unnecessary info... ANT MAN MICRO SIZED TRAILER! Literally Micro sized...

Waaauw Marvel... Really? :tongue:

Is anyone else totally psyched to see what Ant-Man will look like in Lego form? I can't wait for that set, I'm a HUUUUGE Ant-Man fan! More of an Ant-Man than I am a Lego fan, in fact!