CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

So, both Spidey sets are on the UK Lego Shop site for purchase, but the Ant-Man set is nowhere to be seen.

Antman set was delayed due to QC issue in the instructions.

Just built the super villain team up set and have to say against what others have said that I enjoyed it - not a bad looking wee set and looks good in amongst my buildings - minifigs are great too!

Coulson is just a guy in a suit,

So are Ultra Agents and they got a whole line?

Lego has very few Marvel villains compared to Hero ratio. The ratio is barely evening out.

True. But it is starting to get better as we are got villains such as, Ultron, Strucker, Sandman, Carnage, Rhino, Yellowjacket and Winter Soldier this year and Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Iron Spider, Miles Morales and Both Ant Man's as new hero characters this year. So the ratio is equal in the New Minifigures for this year. 7 To 7.

However next year should be good for Villians as we are most likely getting Baron Zemo, Crossbones and the main villan of the Dr. Strange movie, along with some comic book/television based sets with villains.

Edited by Quicksilver

SDCC Mysterio would break my heart.

Don't even mention such things. :distressed:

Picked up the Ant Man set and Winter Soldier figure today. Love them both. :wub:

Made a decent custom Wasp today to go with my Antman set. I used Tauriel's face (since they're both Evangeline Lilly), the black hair from that nazi lady from the Indiana Jones set, an extra set of wings from beetle, and the Avengers (2012) Black Widow torso and pants. I didn't have a decent yellow torso or pants for her so I went with the jump suit. It's not bad, especially since we probably won't see Wasp for a good while unless she ends up as a promo, AA set, or somehow in Civil War :cry_sad:

True. But it is starting to get better as we are got villains such as, Ultron, Strucker, Sandman, Carnage, Rhino, Yellowjacket and Winter Soldier this year and Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Iron Spider, Miles Morales and Both Ant Man's as new hero characters this year. So the ratio is equal in the New Minifigures for this year. 7 To 7.

However next year should be good for Villians as we are most likely getting Baron Zemo, Crossbones and the main villan of the Dr. Strange movie, along with some comic book/television based sets with villains.

I would say villains won out this year, considering most people have multiples of Ultron & drones. Also the new Hydra agents.

I could totally see there being an Ant Man related SDCC set. Like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Collector last year.

However, I can't picture any character to fit the bill, not even Wasp since she probably won't be suiting up.

Today I finally worked up the courage to buy the Helicarrier. I can't wait to start building! I also got the Ant-Man set (the minifigures are fantastic :wub:) On top of that I got the Winter Soldier polybag :wub:

Sounds like we'll be seeing more Spidey villains, so that should be fun. The focus on the Sinister Six and Avengers Assemble taking an Ultron-centric approach makes me wonder if we'll actually be seeing the Six in the MCU. I'm also wondering if this means more or less comics-based stuff from Spider-Man in particular, or even any actual new Spider-Man rogues, since the Six is likely to be made of established villains. Perhaps all of the excellent figures we've seen from the Spider-Man side of things have been similar to DC's recent wave of Justice League members before the theme gets very set on the films. A sort of fan-service wave to hold us over, perhaps.

Sounds like we'll be seeing more Spidey villains, so that should be fun. The focus on the Sinister Six and Avengers Assemble taking an Ultron-centric approach makes me wonder if we'll actually be seeing the Six in the MCU. I'm also wondering if this means more or less comics-based stuff from Spider-Man in particular, or even any actual new Spider-Man rogues, since the Six is likely to be made of established villains. Perhaps all of the excellent figures we've seen from the Spider-Man side of things have been similar to DC's recent wave of Justice League members before the theme gets very set on the films. A sort of fan-service wave to hold us over, perhaps.

Also, in the press release they said Spider-Man would team up with... Scarlet Spider! :classic:

Also, in the press release they said Spider-Man would team up with... Scarlet Spider! :classic:

Oh, that sounds so rad! I really hope his design is close to the classic one and not the weird one from the Ultimate comics.

Oh, that sounds so rad! I really hope his design is close to the classic one and not the weird one from the Ultimate comics.

Hopefully not. I'm hoping if we do get him in a set he'll have the iconic sleeveless hoodie. :classic:

So are Ultra Agents and they got a whole line?

These are two different things. Marvel has a sprawling universe of incredible heroes and villains with magnificent costumes and powers, whereas Ultra Agents has secret agents (who usually wear suits) with jet-packs, armor, lasers, and all kinds of high-tech equipment. Also, the villains have cool designs (they were the reason I bought the sets).

Help me with a dilemma guys! So, at the end of this month Ill have enough money to buy wither;

a. Carnage Sky Attack (And 3 Simpsons Minifigures)

b. Ant-Man

Which one would you say is the best to get first (Cause I know I'll get both of them at some point anyway!)? I love the fact that the Spidey set has 3 minifigures the same as the Ant-Man set and I'm not fussed about the giant LEGO blocks in the Ant-Man set (Nor the giant ant).

Hopefully not. I'm hoping if we do get him in a set he'll have the iconic sleeveless hoodie. :classic:

Oh, for sure!

Help me with a dilemma guys! So, at the end of this month Ill have enough money to buy wither;

b. Ant-Man

Which one would you say is the best to get first (Cause I know I'll get both of them at some point anyway!)? I love the fact that the Spidey set has 3 minifigures the same as the Ant-Man set and I'm not fussed about the giant LEGO blocks in the Ant-Man set (Nor the giant ant).

I'd say the Sky Attack, mostly because those Simpsons minifigs probably won't be around as long.

b. Ant-Man

Sky Attack. Carnage is wicked awesome.

Ant-Man. The figures are fantastic and I didn't originally like the ant either, but he's really growing on me

The Ant-Man set I bought says it has 183 pieces but, Lego.com says it should have 195. What gives?

The set with 183 pieces was the first run. Quickly later on, Lego found that the set needed more support in the legs, so they added some bricks to the set; which is low the second run. What you have is the first run version that is an error. If you contact Lego, they should be able to get you the extra pieces.

A buddy of mine asked me, if he had $80US what Lego Marvel set(s) he should buy. I said get the Hulkbuster, Hydra Showdown and Ant Man final battle. Is there any other combinations of sets I should tell him to consider?

A buddy of mine asked me, if he had $80US what Lego Marvel set(s) he should buy. I said get the Hulkbuster, Hydra Showdown and Ant Man final battle. Is there any other combinations of sets I should tell him to consider?

That's not a bad suggestion. He could get the Quinjet Chase, but that doesn't get him as many minifigs. If he finds $10, he can get the Avengers Tower and the Hulkbuster.