CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I've been wondering, DC keeps getting those cubes along with city, chima, ninjago. So when will marvel get one? I think it would cool to see, for example: marvel, ultra agents, star wars, lego movie.

I had a question regarding the set waves for this year. Will the Avengers 2 sets count as our Summer Wave like Guardians was in 2014? Or will it be a Spring Wave like the Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble sets we received. I am trying to figure out what else we might see this year, hopefully something Ant-Man.

We already discussed this a while back, and the set names for all of 2015 have already been revealed.

Edited by mattdev25

I had a question regarding the set waves for this year. Will the Avengers 2 sets count as our Summer Wave like Guardians was in 2014? Or will it be a Spring Wave like the Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble sets we received. I am trying to figure out what else we might see this year, hopefully something Ant-Man.

Summer sets so far appear to be the following;

Carnage’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Sky Attack (76036)

Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team-up (76037) - Rhino is brick-built like the Hulkbuster

Marvel’s Ant-Man (76039) - Unconfirmed if its based on the movie or animated series

Untitled Iron Spider-man set

There are also one or two other sets that will be released in the summer wave

Summer sets so far appear to be the following;

Carnage’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Sky Attack (76036)

Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team-up (76037) - Rhino is brick-built like the Hulkbuster

Marvel’s Ant-Man (76039) - Unconfirmed if its based on the movie or animated series

Untitled Iron Spider-man set

There are also one or two other sets that will be released in the summer wave

Iron Spider may be in the Carnage or the Rhino/Sandman set. Also, how do you know there will be more sets?

Edited by TheLegoExperience

I've been wondering, DC keeps getting those cubes along with city, chima, ninjago. So when will marvel get one? I think it would cool to see, for example: marvel, ultra agents, star wars, lego movie.

I'd say they legally can't make Marvel ones. It seems like the action figure rights would apply here, and Lego doesn't own those. That's also why Star Wars isn't in them.

I'd say they legally can't make Marvel ones. It seems like the action figure rights would apply here, and Lego doesn't own those. That's also why Star Wars isn't in them.

Yeah, Hasbaro will flip out. That's why all the blind bods and Viynel POP have to be bobble heads.

Iron Spider may be in the Carnage or the Rhino/Sandman set. Also, how do you know there will be more sets?

On one site they listed about 5-6 Summer unknown Marvel sets, i presume the Carnage and Rhino/Sandman set make up two of them so that means 3-4 more. Though i admit is possible they combined the DC and Marvel sets as this was from before we got the names and more details.

These new sets sound pretty awesome. Spider-man rogues that aren't Green Goblin or Doc Ock are awesome. Sandman and Carnage are 2 of my favorites.

I'd say the Carnage set. Sounds like it'll be similar to the Spider Cycle

Isn't that the same avengers logo as on the non movie winter soldier? strange.

Guess its some overall new marvel branding.

I imagine it's along the same lines as they do with Star Wars sets.

A great way to advertise the latest show or movie.

I can't post pics but the new lego club magazine has close ups I of all 6 a vengers and ultron.

I think we've seen the pictures that you're talking about.

Edited by amazingbricks

Well Lego clearly favors DC so it's really no surprise at all. :hmpf_bad:

If this was true then the same thing would apply to DC becasue Mattel owns the action figure rights for DC. I think it's just becasue Lego has no faith in DC characters other than Batman so they release lesser known characters as exclusives.

-still waiting for those Helicarrier pics...-

Spider-man rogues that aren't Green Goblin

Just pointing out their are rumours about a classic Green Goblin set with Gwen Stacy and Spider-man. Though nothing concrete yet...

I can't post pics but the new lego club magazine has close ups of all 6 a vengers and ultron.

You mean this, this or this?

I am really curious how the new Black Widow hairpiece will turn out on the physical figure. Comic look is awesome!

I really can't believe that Lego is giving us Carnage, he is my favourite Spiderman villain. :wub: Here's hoping we see Hobgoblin and Mysterio soon. :grin:

I really can't believe that Lego is giving us Carnage, he is my favourite Spiderman villain. :wub: Here's hoping we see Hobgoblin and Mysterio soon. :grin:

Yeah, its nice to get Carnage. As long as we get the following before the line ends then i'll be happy;

- Vulture

- Lizard

- Shocker

- Mysterio

- Scorpion

- Morbius

- Rhino (Big-fig)

- Hydro-man

- Kingpin

- Kraven The Hunter

- Morlun

- Miles Morales Spider-man

Edited by Scarilian

Yeah, its nice to get Carnage. As long as we get the following before the line ends then i'll be happy;

- Vulture

- Lizard

- Shocker

- Mysterio

- Scorpion

- Morbius

- Rhino (Big-fig)

- Hydro-man

- Kingpin

- Kraven The Hunter

- Morlun

Unfortunately we will probably never get Morlun, Morbuis, Scorpian or Hydro Man any time soon.

Mysterio and Shocker have not been featured on Ultimate Spiderman so far, but are pretty iconic villains so it is possible we could get them.

Vulture, Kraven and the Lizard could be featured in a sinister 6 set in the near future.

Rhino might (just might) be in the Summer Wave.

MILES. MORALES. He is very likely in the near future as he appeals to the younger demographic.

And it might be possible we get Kingpin in a Daredevil set if we ever get one.

Also anyone else want totally obscure Spiderman Variants like Spider Gwen, Spider Noir, Sonic SpiderMan or The Bagtastic Bag Man?

- Vulture

- Lizard

- Shocker

- Mysterio

- Scorpion

- Morbius

- Rhino (Big-fig)

- Hydro-man

- Kingpin

- Kraven The Hunter

- Morlun

We're definitely not getting Morlun, Miles, Morbius, or Hydro Man. Shocker is a possibility, and I could see Kingpin being a bigfig.

If this was true then the same thing would apply to DC becasue Mattel owns the action figure rights for DC. I think it's just becasue Lego has no faith in DC characters other than Batman so they release lesser known characters as exclusives.

I'm still surprised we got Justice League sets this year.

Also with Batman vs Superman, Cap 3, Suicide Squad, Dr. Strange, Wonder Woman, GOTG 2, Justice League, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther coming out, when will Lego have time to Make Comic and TV based sets?

I'm still surprised we got Justice League sets this year.

Also with Batman vs Superman, Cap 3, Suicide Squad, Dr. Strange, Wonder Woman, GOTG 2, Justice League, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther coming out, when will Lego have time to Make Comic and TV based sets?

Who said we'd get sets based on all of those?

And we are getting Rhino in the Sandman set, brick built mech apparently!

Just pointing out their are rumours about a classic Green Goblin set with Gwen Stacy and Spider-man. Though nothing concrete yet...

I'm fine with that. I'm just saying we haven't gotten much variety in Marvel Villains as of currently. And I really meant the ugly bigfig in terms of GG. If we get one similar to the 2000's sets i'd be thrilled, I never got those.

I'm fine with that. I'm just saying we haven't gotten much variety in Marvel Villains as of currently. And I really meant the ugly bigfig in terms of GG. If we get one similar to the 2000's sets i'd be thrilled, I never got those.

um...

Spidey's villains: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Beetle, Electro, Venom Carnage, Sandman, Rhino

everyone else: Loki, Chitauri, Dr. doom, Taskmaster, MODOK, Red Skull, Ronan, Nebula, The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, Ultron, Baron Strucker

Who said we'd get sets based on all of those?

And we are getting Rhino in the Sandman set, brick built mech apparently!

No one has confirmed anything but considering we've gotten sets based of off 4 of the 6 DC and Marvel movies (Avengers, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Thor 2 and Cap 2 and Guardians) since Lego acquired the licenses in 2012, it's a safe bet that we are getting sets from those movies.

um...

Spidey's villains: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Beetle, Electro, Venom Carnage, Sandman, Rhino

everyone else: Loki, Chitauri, Dr. doom, Taskmaster, MODOK, Red Skull, Ronan, Nebula, The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, Ultron, Baron Strucker

Okay, Spidey has had alot of different Villians, but Loki, Chitauri, Nebula, Ronan The Mandarin, Ultron, Strucker and Killian have all been in movie sets, so Lego had to do make those Villians to keep the sets in line with the movie.

It was a nice treat to get Doom, Skull, MODOK and Taskmaster. Hopefully we get Baron Zemo, Batroc the Leaper, Bullseye and other obscure villians soon.