CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I reckon five Age of Ultron sets would be good. What you've gotta remember is Avengers had six main superheros, this one has eight, so an extra set would seem likely to account for the two new Heroes.

But you forget the sets for the first Avengers movie also contained multiple figures of Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye and Loki. I don't think an extra set is necessary to cover everyone - we just need less repeats of the same characters this time around so those slots can go to the new characters. :classic:

But you forget the sets for the first Avengers movie also contained multiple figures of Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye and Loki. I don't think an extra set is necessary to cover everyone - we just need less repeats of the same characters this time around so those slots can go to the new characters. :classic:

Good point wesker! :classic: I don't know, something just screams five sets to me. I feel as if four would be too little this time around. :tongue:

Good point wesker! :classic: I don't know, something just screams five sets to me. I feel as if four would be too little this time around. :tongue:

Agreed. There is one more villain and remember character like Fury or Hill could make it into the sets as apparently hill was in the comic con footage quite a bit. I think it deserves 5. The hobbit unexpected journey got 6! Surely an even bigger movie event than that deserves similar.

Agreed. There is one more villain and remember character like Fury or Hill could make it into the sets as apparently hill was in the comic con footage quite a bit. I think it deserves 5. The hobbit unexpected journey got 6! Surely an even bigger movie event than that deserves similar.

Good point legofreak. :) There was AOU footage shown at Comic Con? :oh3:

Good point legofreak. :) There was AOU footage shown at Comic Con? :oh3:

I wasn't there but there was a teaser trailer shown a friend of mine confirmed. There are descriptions of it all over the web too. Can't wait til that's released publically as that sounded awesome. Plus apparently Avengers tower is a big part of this film we know from interviews and pictures, so surely this next wave is the opportune time to put it into lego form. I can picture it as the flagship of the avengers AOU line with lots of characters.

Edited by legofreak86

I wasn't there but there was a teaser trailer shown a friend of mine confirmed. There are descriptions of it all over the web too. Can't wait til that's released publically as that sounded awesome. Plus apparently Avengers tower is a big part of this film so surely this next wave is the opportune time to put it into lego form. I can picture it as the flagship of the avengers AOU line with lots of characters.

We haven't seen a Marvel D2C yet, have we? They missed the opportunity with the Helicarrier in Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so perhaps this is their time to push out the first one? Would make sense, release their first uber-expensive Marvel set when Marvel hype has hit the roof. Could be the way we see Hill and Fury introduced too. Any word on if Coulson will be making an appearance, with his SHIELD agents? :classic:

LMB10, I wasn't aware of that! Is it me, or has Antman kinda fallen off the radar? :sceptic:

We haven't seen a Marvel D2C yet, have we? They missed the opportunity with the Helicarrier in Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so perhaps this is their time to push out the first one? Would make sense, release their first uber-expensive Marvel set when Marvel hype has hit the roof. Could be the way we see Hill and Fury introduced too. Any word on if Coulson will be making an appearance, with his SHIELD agents? :classic:

LMB10, I wasn't aware of that! Is it me, or has Antman kinda fallen off the radar? :sceptic:

As far as I'm aware Coulson and the SHEILD agents won't make an appearance in AOU, in fact I'm sure Kevin Feige said recently that the Avengers still don't know that Coulson is alive.

In terms of Antman I wouldn't say it's fallen off the radar at all, it's just that it's still quite far away. Surely it would make more sense for MARVEL to be promoting both Guardians and the Avengers since those are the current 2 films in the long line of MARVEL films. Besides they've only just started filming Antman.

As far as I'm aware Coulson and the SHEILD agents won't make an appearance in AOU, in fact I'm sure Kevin Feige said recently that the Avengers still don't know that Coulson is alive.

In terms of Antman I wouldn't say it's fallen off the radar at all, it's just that it's still quite far away. Surely it would make more sense for MARVEL to be promoting both Guardians and the Avengers since those are the current 2 films in the long line of MARVEL films. Besides they've only just started filming Antman.

Good points, cheers Sam! However, in TWD when certain data is leaked to the web....Coulson could be included in that Data. :wink:

Ant-Man starts filming on the 18th I believe, it'll be very much on the radar then I imagine

We know we're getting some Avengers characters (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron), and we might well get some Ant-Man released in the Summer wave, but does anyone know who we might be getting as figures in the obligatory Spider-man sets? (Or even possibly more X-Men sets?)

The next Spiderman sets will be composed of nothing but the same Spiderman minifigure. No variant. Just the same one over and over.

For an Ant-Man set, I'm pretty sure it would only be one set. I doubt Lego would make a whole wave dedicated to a Marvel character that isn't seen alot by the younger audience.

(If anybody responds to this comment saying the exact same thing about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, I remind you that Guardians of the galaxy had waaay more material and characters to make into a full wave compared to ant-man.)

We know we're getting some Avengers characters (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron), and we might well get some Ant-Man released in the Summer wave, but does anyone know who we might be getting as figures in the obligatory Spider-man sets? (Or even possibly more X-Men sets?)

White Tiger is always a possibility since it's the only character in the main TV show that hasn't been introduced into a Lego set yet.

If Ant-Man shows up next year, I get the feeling its more likely to happen as a loose tie-in under the "Avengers Assemble" brand. He just isn't the type of character that can be marketed the same way as GOTG and without a previous track record headlining merchandise I don't think Lego would take the risk. Remember how badly Hasbro's action figure line for the first Thor movie flopped?

Ant-Man has potential to be a good licence - and Marvel are going to want to really push his brand given him being a tougher sell.

There's potentially four marketable characters too - Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Crossfire, and possibly Wasp. Throw in Hank Pym as the civilian in peril and have Ant-Man in each set, and it could easily carry a wave, even if it is two $20 sets.

I think only Avengers needs several sets made for 1 movie. the rets of the marvel movies could get 1 set each.

Like Thor 2 for examle They could make a fine set with Thor, dark elf, Malekith, and jane for example.

They did squeeze 3 sets out of ironman 3, but they should jsut have amde 1 good set rather than 3 bad.

I think only Avengers needs several sets made for 1 movie. the rets of the marvel movies could get 1 set each.

Like Thor 2 for examle They could make a fine set with Thor, dark elf, Malekith, and jane for example.

They did squeeze 3 sets out of ironman 3, but they should jsut have amde 1 good set rather than 3 bad.

For me I would rather have 2 mid priced sets rather than 1 expensive set. It also allows them to get sets into more peoples collection.

Really hoping for a Super Heroes CMF line as well

For me I would rather have 2 mid priced sets rather than 1 expensive set. It also allows them to get sets into more peoples collection.

Really hoping for a Super Heroes CMF line as well

I never said it would be an expensive set, a 4 fig set usualy is a mid sized one.

A cmf line wuld be great, but that is proapbly never going to happen cause these brand are way deep into action figures.

(If anybody responds to this comment saying the exact same thing about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, I remind you that Guardians of the galaxy had waaay more material and characters to make into a full wave compared to ant-man.)

Unless you've already seen Ant-Man, a film still in the filming process, I'm not sure how you would know how much material it has or not.

As far as making Ant-Man sets, I think there's always a possibility. I think because many people aren't familiar with Ant-Man (just like GOTG), Marvel's going to do whatever they can to promote him. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some Ant-Man sets in 2015. Then again Lego can only make so many Marvel sets and they'll most likely continue producing Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble sets, and maybe make sets for the new GOTG cartoon.

Edited by Moon_Knight

The next Spiderman sets will be composed of nothing but the same Spiderman minifigure. No variant. Just the same one over and over.

The next season is supposed to incarnate more spider suits, so we may get at least some variation.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Disney paid lego to make an antman set. Although I'm not sure if they can even do that. But if he does appear, I think it will definitely be in an Avengers Assemble set although it would be a travesty if Wasp wasn't included as well.

Edited by Ultron

If we do get Ant-Man, we'll have to have a shrunken Ant-Man as well. Do you think he'll be a microfigure like the pieces from the board games or one of those trophy pieces? I think the trophy thing would work better, but I feel like Lego would be more likely to go with the micro figure for the sake of printing.

Given we didn't get Thor Dark World or CA Winter Soldier sets, I'd be surprised if we got Antman sets.

Then again I'd have said the same about GOTG and a couple of those sets are great.

Also no villains or pedestrians. Just a couple spider-men in each set.