Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Purchased the Tyderium from Amazon Uk at £79.99. I'm really impressed at that price, I thought about getting the Final duel set too but I think £69.99 seems rather pricey when compared to the Shuttle.

When we're still waiting for news on the EchoBase set, I was wondering

if it really is EchoBase. In TFA there's a snow base as well; and this time the base is where the bad guys are. Who knows? Maybe when the news of an EB set leaked Lego didn't know the official title of this base and named it EchoBase because it's in the snow as well? In a way, it would make sense: in september 7 TFA sets are being released and with TFA hitting the big screen in december I don't expect (a lot of) OT/PT merchandise coming out.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Yep, looks like TRU. As far as I know, they're the only store that puts those ridiculous anti-theft devices on a LEGO product.

Walmart, at least the one I visited over the weekend, also puts such things on the larger sets. But that's also a Walmart where I found a box of those Megabloks Halo figure "coffin" things, where you open it up and you get a Halo figure, and the entire box was full of open, empty plastic coffin-halves. :hmpf_bad: Not a good store.

if it really is EchoBase. In TFA there's a snow base as well; and this time the base is where the bad guys are. Who knows? Maybe when the news of an EB set leaked Lego didn't know the official title of this base and named it EchoBase because it's in the snow as well? In a way, it would make sense: in september 7 TFA sets are being released and with TFA hitting the big screen in december I don't expect (a lot of) OT/PT merchandise coming out.

You might be onto something there...

You might be onto something there...

It would also explain

why no additional info has leaked: because it's a TFA set. The Sith infiltrator will be released this fall if I'm correct. Pix of that set have leaked...so why no EchoBase (also a fall 2015 set) leaks and all this secrecy...

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I'm very sure it is indeed a new Echo Base. Look at this video https://www.youtube....h?v=7Rfi4RQMFKM It shows new parts and prints for 2015 and you can see a Medical droid (at 1:26) and something that looks like the May 4th Han Solo (at 3:02). But it isn't Han Solo!

Edited by Robert_88

If we're talking about the face I wonder if it could be Rey's from her speeder bike with the swadling that covers her face, she did have googles on in the trailer from memory.

I'm very sure it is indeed a new Echo Base. Look at this video https://www.youtube....h?v=7Rfi4RQMFKM It shows new parts and prints for 2015 and you can see a Medical droid (at 1:26) and something that looks like the May 4th Han Solo (at 3:02). But it isn't Han Solo!

If we're talking about the face I wonder if it could be Rey's from her speeder bike with the swadling that covers her face, she did have googles on in the trailer from memory.

Her goggles are made from an OT-style stormtrooper faceplate, not orange, not a single piece for the lens. It's definitely Hoth Han.

That head could also be used for that arctic series (?).

The medical droid isn't new.

We'll find out in a few months! (or maybe at SDCC in july?) Hasbro have announced their Star Wars panel at that event. Lego will follow?

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Any UK buyers looking to grab an early released set at T'R'U in Bedford? Don't waste the petrol. Yet again they appear to be behind the curve when it comes to set releases . . . even though other stores appear to be getting them early.

I'll be waiting outside the door of MK Lego Store at 9:30am on Sat 1st.

BTW, the last two days that I've looked on the Lego (UK) site, I've noticed that the 75095 UCS Tie Fighter is no longer listed on the Star Wars page, but you can still find it on a search. Odd, huh?

Any UK buyers looking to grab an early released set at T'R'U in Bedford? Don't waste the petrol. Yet again they appear to be behind the curve when it comes to set releases . . . even though other stores appear to be getting them early.

I'll be waiting outside the door of MK Lego Store at 9:30am on Sat 1st.

BTW, the last two days that I've looked on the Lego (UK) site, I've noticed that the 75095 UCS Tie Fighter is no longer listed on the Star Wars page, but you can still find it on a search. Odd, huh?

... I'm afraid it's Monday 1st, not Saturday. :grin:

... I'm afraid it's Monday 1st, not Saturday. :grin:

Aha! . . . I didn't say which month, did I ?!

. . . *Ahem* . . . Well spotted that man. Just checking to see if anyone was paying attention. :blush:

[MONDAY 1st? . . . You mean I've gotta wait two more days? :hmpf_bad: Looks like I'll be headed over there straight from work then.]

I'm tempted to get the new Imperial Shuttle (though I'm more of a UCS ship collector), which is already listed on eBay (£79.99) - but I prefer to go to the MK shop and get the VIP points.

We'll find out in a few months! (or maybe at SDCC in july?) Hasbro have announced their Star Wars panel at that event. Lego will follow?

The head is a fleshie - Arctic theme minifigs are yellow.

The previous Echo Base set is still available in my nearby TRUs... they don't seem to have sold that well, I don't know see the demand in a new one....

Too bad we're stuck at only one series of Microfighters per year... :(

The Microfighters just don't look good in my opinion, I'd rather have the planets back. Edited by IronFish

The Microfighters just don't look good in my opinion, I'd rather have the planets back.

I agree... the microfighters are one of the worst things that Lego has ever released, IMO.

From what I understand, though, they're pretty well recieved among the community.

I've never been a fan of the microfighters on principle. To me thay are just an opportunistic way to sell more 'fan' lego at a lower price point. I salute the business idea, but as a lover of design features these fall well short of the mark.

Having said that, I'm going through a bit of a mid life crisis at the moment and lible to start collecting anything if I can pick up a full set . . . (not kidding as yesterday I bought all the Advent calendars from 2011 to 2014).

[20 minutes later]

Awww . . . Nuts!

Looked on Tesco Direct to see how many of the Microfighters they had available . . . all 12 (not including SDCC and other special releases), 9 of which are on offer . . . with bonus loyalty points too. . .

Darn You MLC!!!! :devil:

Her goggles are made from an OT-style stormtrooper faceplate, not orange, not a single piece for the lens. It's definitely Hoth Han.

Definitely not Rey! Definitely Hoth Han? I think the eyebrowns are different (asymmetric)...

A flesh head piece in the Lego City arctic series?

Edited by Robert_88

Definitely not Rey! Definitely Hoth Han? I think the eyebrowns are different (asymmetric)..

It's definitively Han. It's the same exact head. Notice the thick black line on the top left of the head. Both have it.

It's definitively Han. It's the same exact head. Notice the thick black line on the top left of the head. Both have it.

I think the eyebrowns are asymmetric and when I look at his goggles (frame) I can see two stripes but the old version has two dots next to his eyebrowns.

Edited by Robert_88

A flesh head piece in the Lego City arctic series?

Overlooked that fact (that they're yellow). Silly me. ;)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu