Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Jango Fett, and Boba Fett have both appeared on different lists, not a clue which one really to expect. Jango was technic built previously, so good chance a repeat of that, but Boba is far more popular. i'm leaning to think it will be Boba, we will have 3 prequel and 3 OT figures of Boba is made, and only 2 OT if Jango is made. guess we will see soon enough though!

Obi-wan is definitely crap, these constraction freaks should be restricted to masked characters, Greivous and Vader are OK, but Luke and Obi are horrible. I still don’t understand the concept however, who’d buy any of those odd looking incompatible things instead of a more accurate action figure?

I hope we get more stuff revealed in Celebration other than the ugly constraction figs; there will be reveals on Thursday 12:00 PM and Friday & Saturday 11:00 AM according to FBTB, so hopes are high for TFA goodies.

Obi-wan is definitely crap

I think Obi-Wan turned out quite well. Also, I'm pretty sure a handful of people would love to not only have an action figure of a favourite star wars character, but to be able to build one too? That's pretty awesome. Obviously, to each their own.

Maybe if he looked like Obi-wan, not a mecha freak with a weird face and disproportioned limbs. But like you said, to each his own… however I don’t see those guys becoming a hit anyway, so I don’t think we’ll be seeing any more of them next year.

I expect TLG will unveil one or two sets from TFA, probably the Falcon. However they will keep the figures under wraps for now to avoid spoilers. They seem to do similar things with the Superheroes line, for example for the avengers sets the Chitauri weren't revealed initially.

For the constraction figures, Jango and Cody seems more likely so that they can be marketed in pairs to duel. Obi-Wan vs. Jango, Cody vs. Grievous, Luke vs. Vader.

Boba and the Stormtrooper would have no duelling partner to market with otherwise. They will likely come in wave two though, paired with Han and Leia figures, along with another PT pair. Dooku would be able to reuse the Obi-Wan head so there's a possibility.

Maybe if he looked like Obi-wan, not a mecha freak with a weird face and disproportioned limbs. But like you said, to each his own… however I don’t see those guys becoming a hit anyway, so I don’t think we’ll be seeing any more of them next year.

WE will see six! more of these from the new movie in december...

Where did you get this information? We don’t have a December set list yet! Unless it was mentioned when Luke and Vader were released; this would be bad news for me.

Where did you get this information? We don’t have a December set list yet! Unless it was mentioned when Luke and Vader were released; this would be bad news for me.

Sir von Lego always gets the inside scoop. :classic:

I got ist from the Same source from whom I got the 75096 Sith Infiltrator Info. And pictures.

Believe me of not, but we will meet in december..(-;

I don't think Obi looks bad at all.

Obi-wan is definitely crap, these constraction freaks should be restricted to masked characters, Greivous and Vader are OK, but Luke and Obi are horrible. I still don’t understand the concept however, who’d buy any of those odd looking incompatible things instead of a more accurate action figure?

People that like Star Wars buy stuff from multiple lines. I have so Kotobukiya Star Wars figures, Black Series 6" and now I'll be glad to pick up these as well. :)

Agreed.

If I recall correctly - Kenner released a Mace Windu figure and a STAP and Battle Droid set well before The Phantom Menace was released (in 1998?).

From my point of view these sets didn't have any impact whatsoever on spoiling the movie for me.

All it spoiled was my imagination... because the cool box for the STAP of a swampy world had my mind conjuring all kinds of neat things that were totally absent from Naboo & the droid armies in the movie. Plus Mace didn't even ignite a lightsaber at all in the movie. :laugh:

Lego sets can spoil movies (Toy Story 3 had a set depicting the climactic sequence of the film & revealing the villain), but I doubt we'll see some serious 'spoilers' among this first wave of TFA sets--if anyone has aliases in the film, the aliases will likely be used on the boxes rather than the 'reveal' names (if Kylo Ren goes full-on Darth Whatever, we probably won't get "Darth Whatever" plastered on the box). Mostly I'm imagining ships/environments we'll see in the new trailer & teaser and totally expected stuff... new X-wings, new stormies, Rey's speeder, a TIE of some sort, etc. Some may be totally new but not really spoilerific. We probably won't get a set called "Chewie's Last Stand" with a buildable moon to drop on him. :tongue:

People that like Star Wars buy stuff from multiple lines. I have so Kotobukiya Star Wars figures, Black Series 6" and now I'll be glad to pick up these as well. :)

Buying good stuff from multiple lines is one thing, buying any product just because it says Star Wars is another.

If you grew up with BIONICLE then maybe you won’t find these weird things bad at all, but for some of us it hurts the eyes just to look at them, and makes us feel sorry for LEGO whenever they stray away from their iconic successful product line that made Star Wars fans who didn’t grow up with LEGO start to fall in love with it as adults. Those weird things will only appeal to BIONICLE fans, and BIONICLE is not what the world knows to be LEGO at all.

People at SWC won’t even recognize these things, and won’t know how to categorize them; are they bad looking action figures that look terrible beside Black Series figures or are they some new toy that’s not LEGO but has the LEGO brand on it for some reason!

"with prices ranging from $19.99 to $34.99."

http://blogs.wsj.com...neral-grievous/

and

Jango Fett - 75107 - 85 pièces - 19.99 €

Clone Commander Cody - 75108 - 82 pièces - 19.99 €

Obi-Wan Kenobi - 75109 - 83 pièces - 24.99 €

Luke Skywalker - 75110 - 83 pièces - 19.99 €

Darth Vader - 75111 - 160 pièces - 29.99 €

Général Grievous - 75112 - 186 pièces - 34.99 €

http://www.hothbrick...ous-et-obi-wan/

Edited by kr-lik

Buying good stuff from multiple lines is one thing, buying any product just because it says Star Wars is another.

If you grew up with BIONICLE then maybe you won’t find these weird things bad at all, but for some of us it hurts the eyes just to look at them, and makes us feel sorry for LEGO whenever they stray away from their iconic successful product line that made Star Wars fans who didn’t grow up with LEGO start to fall in love with it as adults. Those weird things will only appeal to BIONICLE fans, and BIONICLE is not what the world knows to be LEGO at all.

People at SWC won’t even recognize these things, and won’t know how to categorize them; are they bad looking action figures that look terrible beside Black Series figures or are they some new toy that’s not LEGO but has the LEGO brand on it for some reason!

Luke Skywalker sums up my thoughts about these figs:

:devil:

Ok, ready to open the floodgates? Here we go! Yeeeehaaa!

(the first TFA posters.....non-Lego)

CCtbfZHWMAADVzP.jpgCCtbXHIW8AAi1qh.jpgCCtbcmrWYAE0VeU.jpg

Edited by Jedi-Bendu