Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

JANG is way better by default, but that's just my opinion :tongue:

Off topic, but I totally agree. I've noticed that TheBrickShow seems to be trying to emulate the style of Jang's videos, because they're so professional looking.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose. I'll always prefer Jang's reviews, because he's able to be very raw, honest, and blunt with his opinions,

regardless of if they're positive or negative.

Back on topic now: I don't know when we'll see the reviews from Geekster, but I can only surmise that the answer is "soon."

It'd essentially be pointless to do a "World Exclusive" review if the sets have already been released, so sometime with in the next 10 days.

They're really against the clock here, seeing as more and more people are obtaining the sets via retailers who have no regard for strict street dates.

Exactly.

Yesterday they posted this...

....along with a pic of a black vehicle and a certain shuttle.

World Exclusive?

Are they joking? A pic of the black ship has been on the web for a month! :laugh:

The key word you've missed is that they say 'official' which could very well be true.

The key word you've missed is that they say 'official' which could very well be true.

I didn't miss it. But let's be honest: does that word matter to anyone?

I mean: every AFOL has seen all the pix. Some pix (the black ship and Rick Deckards vehicle) have been on the web for a month. Dr. Jones' ride even has a review online.

But gee, finally we get official photos! Wow! :laugh: Who cares? It's old news! Other sites/people had the real scoop.

Well, its just a matter of time now until we see reviews.

I also like Jang more, he seems to show more of the sets, and knows alot of background to star wars, as well he is more advanced and rarely makes mistakes in the build

Sorry that im off topic again.

I didn't miss it. But let's be honest: does that word matter to anyone?

I mean: every AFOL has seen all the pix. Some pix (the black ship and Rick Deckards vehicle) have been on the web for a month. Dr. Jones' ride even has a review online.

But gee, finally we get official photos! Wow! :laugh: Who cares? It's old news! Other sites/people had the real scoop.

Something you have to remember is that there is a large majority of people out there who aren't even aware the sets exist. Sure, people who follow leaks such as everyone in this thread know what the sets look like, but that doesn't change the fact that it's important to have official marketing being done, in order to inform LEGO's target market: Kids and families. I've been an advocate of that for a very long time. Plus, even as someone who has seen every single possible leak from day one, I'm interested in seeing these reviews. As I've noted before, the people who currently own these sets early haven't given us an in-depth look, really. Point I'm trying to make is that even though you don't care about the reviews, others do.

Edited by Nokturn

Plus, even as someone who has seen every single possible leak from day one, I'm interested in seeing these reviews. As I've noted before, the people who currently own these sets early haven't given us an in-depth look, really.

Totally agree. I've been following these sets avidly everyday and I've seen every image available, but I'm still excited to see the reviews starting to come through. I can't wait for Jang, the Brickshow and any other AFOLs giving their thoughts and opinions. I always enjoy some one else's review even if I've owned the set for ages.

When I think about it, I'm more excited about this wave than I have been for years - we're actually getting something new. Not a slightly different OT stormtrooper print. Not a new Luke hairpiece. Not a slight variation on the snowspeeder. We're getting new, never before seen characters and ships, from planets we've never seen. They'll be having adventures that I can't quote every word of and I've got no idea what's coming next... I can't wait!

My review was not in depth enough?

Let me know what you want to see.

Jim

I thought your review was very good and informative to be honest.

Edited by fire117

My review was not in depth enough?

Let me know what you want to see.

Jim

I was referring to those who own a specific two sets, not you. Your review was fantastic, and it helped me immensely in recreating the set in LDD.

Good. I would update if anything was needed.

Jim

I would like a closer view of the hyperdrive, table, consoles and crates please :thumbup:

Lego website just shared new Lego catalog for this Fall... I guess its okay to share pictures of new Star Wars sets...

Btw... Pictures don't match to each catalog but still You guys can see Fall one...

Heads up, from what I heard, there's still the embargo until September 4th. This was put up early accidently.

When it hits September 4th somewhere in the world... I'll have a review for one of these suckers up. :wink:

it is done then... THAT ship does not offer the opportunity to extend its wings into flight mode as the trailer suggested. dont know about you but in my eyes that is a big deal.

Thanks for the great review, Jim. I cannot make out the stickers of the dejarik board and hyperdrive units. Are these printed pieces?

Overall, I just compared it to the older model (thanks to Jangbrick's review of 7965 - whom I also think as the best LEGO reviewer out there). Contrarily to my initial thoughts, the improvements are dramatic:

+ the ship's overall shape is flatter and thus more accurate

+ the exterior colour scheme makes it look more interesting and gives more character to this unique transporter

++ the mandibles are incredibly more detailed, and those new slopes leading to the main hull look so much better than in 7965 - not to mention the brick-build ports!

+++ the dejarik board and lounge! Wow, so much better than the 1980s seats - in spite of my dislike of too many stickers

++ hyperdrive units - so much more texture and colour all around!

= the main computer terminal. I actually really, really liked the 7965's, and although the stickered version might be more accurate (plus the seat is great!), the printed bricks provided more texture

= the posterior - I'm really glad the designers stuck with the blue tube!

+ the beds/ resting area - cheese slopes improve the beds, and all the clutter gives this ship more character

+ the cockpit - still not ideal, but the backdrop certainly looks better than before to me

+ the sliding plate for the two figures at the turrets - the flat edge looks better, not yet sure about that red control stick

- the escape pods - I liked the elevated outside better in 7965

I don't watch any reviews until the sets get released as I think it ruins the surprise of building it. Personally I could care less who does what renew and on what until actually build it.

Some may argue that a review helps them buy a set, but not me....I don't need a review to tell me what set I want to buy or not.

Just found something interesting:

@geekster_blog said on Twitter that they'd be doing a review of two Force Awakens sets.

They said they recieved the sets directly from The LEGO Group to review as a world exclusive.

There's several images on their Twitter account to prove that they're probably not lying...

Are we about to see the first official acknowledgement of these sets?

The dejarik board came that way. As did the 1x2 console on the floor in the same picture.

Every other console, except for the cockpit one was stickers, including the hyperdrive.

Jim

Theres no comparison when it comes to the interiors of the 2011 Falcon and this years version. LEGO really outdid themselves with the accuracy of the stickers and the overall colours inside the ship. The tan parts, while simple, do a good job of replication the tan walls of the Falcon. I can't wait to get my hands of this beauty! Definitely my first purchase of the wave.

it is done then... THAT ship does not offer the opportunity to extend its wings into flight mode as the trailer suggested. dont know about you but in my eyes that is a big deal.

The ship in the trailer and THAT ship you are talking about are two different ships.

I definitely think the Centennial Eagle is going to be the first buy on Force Friday. I'm more excited about that date than I am my birthday three days before.

I definitely think the Centennial Eagle is going to be the first buy on Force Friday. I'm more excited about that date than I am my birthday three days before.

Agreed, I'm getting that and hopefully the Poe's (you know) vehicle down the road along with the other main figs. VERY excited for this wave!

Hahahaha, Centennial Eagle. Love it.

Heads up, from what I heard, there's still the embargo until September 4th. This was put up early accidently.

When it hits September 4th somewhere in the world... I'll have a review for one of these suckers up. :wink:

Just2good which one? The hamburger shaped ship which is owned by hatless Indiana Jones?