Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

SO - there will be a tight moderation in the Star Wars forum from now on! But please help out by playing nice and not post pictures, official names & prices of sets. But feel free to still discuss around the information about the movie that´s not the above!

I just want to be clear, can we discus the sets that have leaked without naming it specifically. or is anything relating to a set off limits? I ask because the films themselves are off limits here and if the sets are too (till the 4th of course) than the only set left to talk about is Hoth... (again I'm only asking for clarities sake)

I may just keep my distance from here until Force Friday if thats the case.

I just want to be clear, can we discus the sets that have leaked without naming it specifically. or is anything relating to a set off limits? I ask because the films themselves are off limits here and if the sets are too (till the 4th of course) than the only set left to talk about is Hoth... (again I'm only asking for clarities sake)

The request to the communitys through the LEGO Ambassador Network (LAN) is this:
Dear LUG Ambassadors Given the sensibility of the LEGO related products connected to the upcoming Star Wars movie it has been decided to treat all images and information as highly confidential and therefore business critical. This means that we would like you to help us contain leaking of these informations until the embargo date of Septemer 4th. Until then we need you to refrain from hosting images and information such as set number, set names and set pricing. I know the frustrations and concerns this will probably raise in the AFOL community and we would not ask if it wasn't of highest importance.

Moderators patience tends to thin too... There is an embargo and we have to enforce it if we want to keep our relations with TLG. Thanks for helping us.

I understand why Eurobricks is honoring the request from TLG, but the whole thing is just silly.

Everyone will head over to Reddit or other sites to continue the discussion. All this does is drive users away from Eurobricks.

It's the job of TLG to keep the sets from being leaked. Once leaked, you can't stop the internet from discussing them. Absurd!

The sets have already been released to the public early. So an embargo doesn't make sense at this point.

Oh well. That's how things work I guess. *huh*

I know I said I wasn't coming back here, but I really felt the need to comment on this.

As I've said before, the secrecy surrounding these products is ridiculous.

If they wanted to prevent leaks, they should've done an official reveal a very long time ago.

They even missed their opportunity at D23.

The sets are officially being released in 2 weeks, and they're still trying to keep people in the dark until the day of.

I genuinely cannot see how this is good marketing. Going to a midnight launch without even knowing what the products look like is insane.

I'm guessing this isn't TLG's fault. The blame likely lies on Disney.

Either way, this whole thing is madness. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak.

Everyone who cares about these sets already have the images saved on their hard drives, and they cannot take that from us.

I do respect the fact that we cannot post them here anymore, but as others have said, that will lead to users seeking them out elsewhere.

Absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, what are they even hiding? The sets have very minor spoilers at worst, and it's not like any of them are abysmal. IMO, they all look great, and everyone deserves a chance to see them.

Edited by Nokturn

I understand why Eurobricks is honoring the request from TLG, but the whole thing is just silly.

Thanks for understanding and yeah, in the era of lightning fast communication and 1 TB hard drives it gets a bit frustrating :wink: !

Everyone will head over to Reddit or other sites to continue the discussion. All this does is drive users away from Eurobricks.

Maybe so but this goes for all communitys through the internet! Of course sites like Reddit that isn´t a LEGO community that wants/needs to be on speaking terms makes it easier for them.

It's the job of TLG to keep the sets from being leaked. Once leaked, you can't stop the internet from discussing them. Absurd!

Yes, through business deals with it´s retailers. And when a retailer breaks it´s their Legal Department that is working overtime to try to minimize the fall out. But as I said first - broadband and big hard drives makes it hard.

Thanks for understanding and yeah, in the era of lightning fast communication and 1 TB hard drives it gets a bit frustrating :wink: !

Maybe so but this goes for all communitys through the internet! Of course sites like Reddit that isn´t a LEGO community that wants/needs to be on speaking terms makes it easier for them.

Yes, through business deals with it´s retailers. And when a retailer breaks it´s their Legal Department that is working overtime to try to minimize the fall out. But as I said first - broadband and big hard drives makes it hard.

I agree! Sorry you are stuck in the middle. :laugh:

I know Hothbricks removed the images from their Flickr feed as well as the site. FBTB have removed everything...

I think everyone is going to play ball on this... it's too big a deal for people who want to keep the relationship with TLG to ignore their wishes on this.

The images and information are in enough places outside of the Lego community that access is easy enough... It's just that inside the community people are just going to have to be patient.

It's only 2 weeks until release date and around 4 weeks until 'slightly reduced on Amazon' date so it's all good!

Edited by Robianco

Those who wanted the leaks and early set reveals are probably happy enough with what we've already seen so don't see this as being a big deal.

Staying on TLGs good side is obviously critically important for a site like this so needs must.

Nope, it is not separate, but there are recesses around it in the ball for neighboring studs.

Ah, that makes a LOT more sense.

I know Hothbricks removed the images from their Flickr feed as well as the site. FBTB have removed everything...

I think everyone is going to play ball on this... it's too big a deal for people who want to keep the relationship with TLG to ignore their wishes on this.

The images and information are in enough places outside of the Lego community that access is easy enough... It's just that inside the community people are just going to have to be patient.

It's only 2 weeks until release date and around 4 weeks until 'slightly reduced on Amazon' date so it's all good!

My concern is where does it end? TLG could start doing this for any and/or all themes. Eurobricks and other sites have just proven how easily they fold to TLG's wishes. It's not like this information just showed up today. I could understand if we are talking about confidential material, but these sets have been already sold by retailers to the public.

Was Eurobricks ignoring the embargo before today, because other sites have been following it for awhile?

I think this is an issue that Eurobricks needs to address in a very open manner. Is there a line that the powers to be here will not cross? Or are the members here going to always be at the mercy of TLG every time they come calling? The end result may be that member go elsewhere and decide to not come back. And those who provide the information that drives much of the discussion here may follow.

I get that Eurobricks wants to maintain their relationship with TLG, but the bigger concern is what is Eurobricks going to do to maintain a strong relationship and trust of its members.

Edited by Darth Punk

I shall not give up until i figure out that interor of the falcon!

Oh no, no, no! You are not allowed to say the "f..." word now! :grin: It is a part of the set name after all... :wink:

My concern is where does it end? TLG could start doing this for any and/or all themes. Eurobricks and other sites have just proven how easily they fold to TLG's wishes. It's not like this information just showed up today. I could understand if we are talking about confidential material, but these sets have been already sold by retailers to the public.

Was Eurobricks ignoring the embargo before today, because other sites have been following it for awhile?

I think this is an issue that Eurobricks needs to address in a very open manner. Is there a line that the powers to be here will not cross? Or are the members here going to always be at the mercy of TLG every time they come calling? The end result may be that member go elsewhere and decide to not come back. And those who provide the information that drives much of the discussion here may follow.

I get that Eurobricks wants to maintain their relationship with TLG, but the bigger concern is what is Eurobricks going to do to maintain a strong relationship and trust of its members.

This isn't Lego's decision, it's Disney's.

Which begs the question, why does EuroBricks allow discussion of leaks in the firstplace without TLG telling them to censor stuff? There's a lot of contradiction going on here. The main reason I came to this site, in fact, was to discuss leaks amongst other things.

(before I get in trouble for being off-topic) I'm thinking about getting the new sets second-hand, since they're really costly.

Edited by Nekchir

I know I said I wasn't coming back here, but I really felt the need to comment on this.

As I've said before, the secrecy surrounding these products is ridiculous.

If they wanted to prevent leaks, they should've done an official reveal a very long time ago.

They even missed their opportunity at D23.

The sets are officially being released in 2 weeks, and they're still trying to keep people in the dark until the day of.

I genuinely cannot see how this is good marketing. Going to a midnight launch without even knowing what the products look like is insane.

I'm guessing this isn't TLG's fault. The blame likely lies on Disney.

Either way, this whole thing is madness. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak.

Everyone who cares about these sets already have the images saved on their hard drives, and they cannot take that from us.

I do respect the fact that we cannot post them here anymore, but as others have said, that will lead to users seeking them out elsewhere.

Absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, what are they even hiding? The sets have very minor spoilers at worst, and it's not like any of them are abysmal. IMO, they all look great, and everyone deserves a chance to see them.

I completely agree with you. We live in Internet age, so when some info gets leaked it's impossible to contain it. Set names and prices have been circulating since January! For 8 months TLG knew about that and didn't do anything! And pictures of the sets have been online for 2 weeks now! I understand tha Disney is unpleased with Lego for letting pics leak but it's DONE! They're online and nobody can stop them from spreading across the web. I love Lego and really appreciate all their efforts in making great sets, that's why I buy them every month! But it's just ridiculous that they're trying to stop people from seeing sets before September 4! We're going to spend our hard earned money on their products and we can't even discuss pics and set names here, among fans! If we can't even discuss sets here then where we can?

It's not really a big problem. View the leaks on other sites and discuses them there, wait a few weeks and discus them legally here with a head start on what you want to say.

This isn't Lego's decision, it's Disney's.

The origins are irrelevant. What matters is what happens here at Eurobricks.

This is how it starts. Oh it's just Disney, oh it's just a couple of weeks. And wham the next time around no one knows what to do.

That's why you,have to nip this in the bud quickly. We have five more Star Wars movies after TFA. Are we to expect this every time?

How does Eurobricks plan to deal with this for the next five years? Will we be seeing this for all Disney IP's?

It's a slippery slope, the further you go down the faster you go.

Which begs the question, why does EuroBricks allow discussion of leaks in the firstplace without TLG telling them to censor stuff? There's a lot of contradiction going on here. The main reason I came to this site, in fact, was to discuss leaks amongst other things.

(before I get in trouble for being off-topic) I'm thinking about getting the new sets second-hand, since they're really costly.

I think many people are here for the same reason, thus my concern.

The origins are irrelevant. What matters is what happens here at Eurobricks.

This is how it starts. Oh it's just Disney, oh it's just a couple of weeks. And wham the next time around no one knows what to do.

That's why you,have to nip this in the bud quickly. We have five more Star Wars movies after TFA. Are we to expect this every time?

How does Eurobricks plan to deal with this for the next five years? Will we be seeing this for all Disney IP's?

It's a slippery slope, the further you go down the faster you go.

I think many people are here for the same reason, thus my concern.

Yes, this cant go on. If they want money, they should show something, and build up hype, then people are going to buy them on force friday, but theese efforts are futile not a single leak has been stopped, and leaks are coming out every day. Up to september 4th, everything is going to be know about te sets, either way.

So can we not even discuss the figures or anything? Because I just noticed something very interesting about a particular box...

Edited by Fives

But this isn't just a case of Eurobricks bowing down to TLG's wishes and every other Lego forum continuing to show set images etc... everyone has dropped it. If there's somewhere else for people to go then yes... EB does run the risk of people leaving to head to that forum but there isn't as far as I'm aware.

Time will tell but I can't see TLG stopping the discussion of leaks across the board. We already don't allow confidential stamped images but when official stuff comes out of other leak photos are sourced then they're normally fair game but for this there has been some kind of embargo placed and TLG have asked. Reading the wording of their statement they are totally aware of how seemingly futile this may be especially as it's already out but they're asking nonetheless.

Next time we have some DC or Marvel stuff that leaks we'll see whether they ask the same... I think that'll be a good example as it's a single theme but half is owned by Disney and the other half isn't.

And I'm still not convinced by the need for people to see everything before they'll spend a penny. TFA stuff will fly off the shelves from September 4th until the distant future... that much I'm pretty sure of. Of course they want money... and they know they're going to get it... from ticket sales to DVD sales to toy sales to book sales to poster sales to pyjama sales whichever type of product you can think of sales. Stick that logo on it and it'll sell.

Kids aren't sitting on forums now analysing which stuff they're going to want. They'll walk into a toy store, or be happily taken by their parents, and the merchandising juggernaut will begin... regardless of how much AFOLs want full disclosure of sets a month or two in advance... it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

We've seen the sets. We know how much they are. We know when they're coming out. Let's not get carried away with things. Find a Flickr user that has them listed and talk about them in the comments section of that image if you feel the need. We can't change it.

Hey... if it all goes belly up and TLG continue to block leaks of everything then people will have to hope another forum that doesn't give a toss about Lego's wishes or it's relationship with Lego, pops up to cater for them.

So can we not even discuss the figures or anything? Because I just noticed something very interesting about a particular box...

Looking at the request from Lego they specifically ask for set names, set numbers and set pricing to not be discussed... as well as the display of images. I don't think that covers discussion about specific things we've seen... it's not like we can just ignore any of it happened.

At least I think that's what covered... any help on this mods? Is this something that can be discussed?

Edited by Robianco

From what I understand nothing that has anything to do with he sets can be discussed.