Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

The star destroyer from the advent calendar looks more like a TFA destroyer rather than a OT one.

OT and Advent calendar are the same.

I know, I was just pointing out how there is potential for a change, perhaps for next year. Will it happen? Who knows.

Knowing how the Advent Calendar sells in my area, I can expect a nice Christmas with discounted calendars.

On a more serious note I hope that TLG won't change the OT Stormtrooper any more in the next few years. I'd imagine that the upcoming Battlefront battlepack in 2016 will contain at least one OT Stormtrooper for us to army build, if not; bricklink away!

Yeah... I'm not much of an army builder but for some reason Stormtroopers just seem the most natural things to want to army build. An entire childhood of wanting at least 12 Kenner Stormtroopers for playing with... most I ever had was 3!

Speaking of Kylo Ren, I really REALLY hope that he has a face under his mask rather than the mask printed on a black head to accommodate the hood (which is what I'm afraid they've done given the fact that theres a hood in the set).

At the moment I'm actually hoping there's a printed mask on a black head but watching the movie will give clarity on this. If his face never appears in the movie then I'm hoping for the mask... if his face DOES appear then I'll wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Only time will tell on this one!

Reddit and other sources like Ebay. Check Ebay for force awakens Lego and you will see pics from sellers.

Hrmmm the Reddit pics aren't showing on my pc but are visible on my phone... Thanks though.

Except for snowspeeder, rey's speeder, tie and X-wing, are there other back of box pictures?

Edited by Lego Fett

Kylo Ren will definitely appear maskless in TFA.

a4phg2.jpg

Adam Driver makes a joke about having to shave his beard for a role in the last season of Girls.

It needed a way to attach to any stud, and the fact that he's a sphere means that what LEGO did makes the most sense. All bald LEGO minifigures look absurd with the stud on the top, but we don't expect anything different. Why should we with this?

Mostly because this isn't a head, it's a ball and with that stud it ruins the illusion that this character is supposed to be balancing on a ball. They could have just molded an opening on the bottom and added grooves so that it would fit onto a baseplate. I'm not seeing a reason they had to add an entire studs height to it.

Edited by strangely

Ah, a fellow military member. I'm stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, but I highly doubt my PX has them in stock. Typically Army PX's get the new sets fairly late and they also tend to only carry the smaller sets. Then again it is the AF. Nice find though!

Really? It bothers me how people get away with getting sets so early. There's a street date for these things and stores just put it out on the shelves and employees let people leave with the sets in their hands. Honestly it's not fair and where I live, they're so strict about street dates. Why can't every store watch street dates? How do they get away with not getting in trouble by Lego?

At the TRU near me, they've always put out sets early, normally by 2 or 3 weeks but I went by looking for TFA sets and they told me that they are under strict orders not to put anything out until Force Friday.

Mostly because this isn't a head, it's a ball and with that stud it ruins the illusion that this character is supposed to be balancing on a ball. They could have just molded an opening on the bottom and added grooves so that it would fit onto a baseplate. I'm not seeing a reason they had to add an entire studs height to it.

Probably wrong but it looks to me like the stud is separate from the rest of the body though (there seems to be a joint). If it is, why not make the stud trans?

Edited by CopMike
Removed on behalf of TLG request before 4th sept

Probably wrong but it looks to me like the stud is separate from the rest of the body though (there seems to be a joint). If it is, why not make the stud trans?

Nope, it is not separate, but there are recesses around it in the ball for neighboring studs.

Edited by Vodnik

I love that Poe fig and the new helmet mold. The visor really brings it all together

Looks like we get a mini Ewok village in the new advent calendar.Interesting. :laugh:

I had no idea that was an Ewok village until you pointed that out. This whole time, I was thinking it was a cheesy three-legged table. Microscale: not everything works. Now if somebody could tell me what that black box with the trigger guns on it is supposed to be, I'll be happy.

I had no idea that was an Ewok village until you pointed that out. This whole time, I was thinking it was a cheesy three-legged table. Microscale: not everything works. Now if somebody could tell me what that black box with the trigger guns on it is supposed to be, I'll be happy.

I think the village looks alright. I guess that stud launcher thing is supposed to be a turret on the Death Star or Imperial Star Destroyer. Also, it's a shame that that assassin droid (Is it IG-88?) isn't the same from the Executor. Of course I understand them wanting to keep that an exclusive for a while, but I wish we could get him, Dengar, and Bossk in a cheaper way.

Found this on reddit. Gives a look at all the minifigs of the first TFA wave.

(Edit: Sorry about the rule infraction!)

Edited by jhaelego
Don't deeplink confidential pictures

Wow, seeing those new helmets up close makes me really want the X-Wing a lot more now!

Also, hopefully OT Rebel pilots will get the same treatment and we'll see new visored helmets for them in the future as well.

Yeah... I'm not much of an army builder but for some reason Stormtroopers just seem the most natural things to want to army build. An entire childhood of wanting at least 12 Kenner Stormtroopers for playing with... most I ever had was 3!

At the moment I'm actually hoping there's a printed mask on a black head but watching the movie will give clarity on this. If his face never appears in the movie then I'm hoping for the mask... if his face DOES appear then I'll wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Only time will tell on this one!

Hmm. It would seem that there is a black head under that mask.

I'm really excited for Poe's helmet, BB8's stud isn't such a big deal to me, I'll just put him in between tiles if I use him in a moc.

Hmm. It would seem that there is a black head under that mask.

How can you tell?

How can you tell?

If you look closely.

What i would is use something simmilar to the older style of stormtroopers. Black head with a flesh print. Also, on the pic with Adam Driver, you can see he has a black neck piece, so his hair will cover up the upper black portion, and the lower one wil represent the neck sleeve

Edited by Lego Fett

Hi all you SW fans that are so eagerly awaiting the next wave of great sets!

As a SW fan myself, actually the very LEGO theme sets that brought me out of my Dark Ages in 2000, I´m also excited about the what´s coming :sweet: !

BUT - Because of the special situation with the "re-start" of SW and the new business owner of SW, Disney, LEGO has asked to avoid showing pictures, set names & numbers or prices until the 4th of september. Quote by KIm Thomsen on behalf of the whole Community Engagement & Events (CEE) department:

I've been asked to present you with our sincere apologies and assurance that steps are taken and that we always seek to avoid these requests - but with something like Star Wars Force Awakens, it is just too business critical for us and our partnership with Disney. I sincerely hope you understand our motives for our requests and accept our deepest apologies for the disturbance this is causing in the AFOL community.

That includes pictures of real sets bought from a real shop that have jumped the gun! I know it sounds corny but as you saw above, steps are been taken to help the stores honour the 4th of septemebr.

SO - there will be a tight moderation in the Star Wars forum from now on! But please help out by playing nice and not post pictures, official names & prices of sets. But feel free to still discuss around the information about the movie that´s not the above!