Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Is the clone in the Hailfire set CW or epIII?

I didn't see any new pictures, but only very good quality of prelim pictures and a price List.

So no hint if these figures will be CW or other ones. Anakin was the E III One, Ventress the CW one.

I think the Price in US will be:

Hailfire Droid: 19,99 - 24,99 US $

Anakins Fighter: 39,99 US$

I think it is CW he has the Wolf ensignia on his helmet meaning he belongs to the 104th betallion. Which only make appearances in CW

I think it is CW he has the Wolf ensignia on his helmet meaning he belongs to the 104th betallion. Which only make appearances in CW

It's just a placeholder, the clone trooper battlepacks for EP III had CW clones as placeholders to... It's just because the Lieutenant gets legprinting.

In the preliminary image the back ground is geonosis so I'd say it's ep2

It could also be a lieutenant who belongs to the battle pack clones. Only because it's geonosis it doesn't has to refer to a film appearance.

I sometimes wonder HOW Lego comes up with designs.

Lego: "Quick, what do fans like more than stickers?"

Designer: "Umm....printing?"

Lego: "Yes! Let's do printing to represent wheels, an integral part of the vehicle!"

Designer: "That didn't work out well. Remember General Grievous Chase?"

Lego: "People loved that set! It sold like crazy!"

Designer: "Only because of Boga."

Lego: "Boba wasn't in that set. Although, that is a sure fire way to sell any set. We could put him in--"

Designer: "No, just stop. Anyway, no printed wheels."

Lego: "Yes, printed wheels! Also, include a Clone Lieutenant, but do some obscure design to him.

Designer: "Do you NOT want to sell sets?"

Lego: "I want fans to hate us! :devil: Oh and by the way, that Boba idea of yours sounds really good....."

Edited by LN-01354

:laugh: I always must laugh about those fake fan made conversations of TLG and a designer.

I think it is because of another reason, namely, that by testing the sets with kids that they thought it was to fiddly to link all those threads and children didn't enjoy it. So they opted for printed dishes.

You could of course replace them with the original chains from the older set, but it's quite expensive. You lose around €10 each hailfire droid, that isn't cheap :sceptic:

Edited by TWP

Being blind the lack of links around the wheels is going to make the set worse for me then for other people. At least you will have printing but to me it will be just two big dishes. I'll probably end up still getting one if the lieutenant it an ep ii version because my clone army currently consists of the following. One clone trooper. That's it. One measly clone trooper.

Lego: "Yes! Let's do printing to represent wheels, an integral part of the vehicle!"

Lego: "Boba wasn't in that set. Although, that is a sure fire way to sell any set. We could put him in--"

Lego: "Yes, printed wheels! Also, include a Clone Lieutenant, but do some obscure design to him.

Lego: "I want fans to hate us! :devil: Oh and by the way, that Boba idea of yours sounds really good....."

That's what happens when marketing and the big wigs interfere with the designers. Logic is thrown out the window. I think they could have found a better way of making the wheel instead of printing it. I guess kids are too lazy these days to put together the chain links.

Reminds me of the original wheel bike from Ep 3, it never looked right at the time and having got the new Grevious's wheel bike in the last 12 months the original still looks cheap and nasty.

Wow, people can complain quite a lot before even seeing a picture. Yes, I'll agree that printed wheels sound terrible, but Sir von Lego even told us that he has only seen preliminaries. How do we know the finished model will actually only have wheels? And even if it does, how do we know it will look bad, yet?

this reminds me of a rather funny video, really drives home the idea that people making decisions don't know what they are saying. YouTube video (don't worry its safe for all ages)

As for the Hailfire Droid, I’ll reserve my judgment until I see the final set. and remain optimistic that they get it right.

Edited by GallardoLU

I have the amazing 4481, so whatever version of the Hailfire Droid Lego brings out, they'll probably be inferior.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing the official images of the Azure Angel. I loved the animated Clone Wars series and I'd love to get a non CW-faced Assajj Ventress.

So we know that the advanced piliminary immage of the hailfire droid has printed dish wheels but will the final version. What do you think? To be honest I have know clue what lego will do.

So we know that the advanced piliminary immage of the hailfire droid has printed dish wheels but will the final version. What do you think? To be honest I have know clue what lego will do.

I'm sure they take the line of least resistance. Why use links when you can just print dishes.

Stickers can't go on dishes. If you had any clue what you're talking about you would know this.

Wow, take it easy there.

And who are you talking to by the way?

I'm sure they take the line of least resistance. Why use links when you can just print dishes.

Odd considering how much LEGO seems to hate including printed bricks. The only one I could distinguish in the winter wave was the dark green dish on the front of Ezra's speeder.

Edited by GeneralLego

I'm looking forward to the Hailfire droid, as I like most of the CIS weapons. I did not have any of the older ones, and If it needs to be modded, that's easy because LEGO.

The Azure Angel will be an instant purchase for me, I don't even really care what it looks like. I wonder if the minifig's faces will have that Tartakovsky art style.

Stickers can't go on dishes. If you had any clue what you're talking about you would know this.

They didn't say stickers, they said print and this has been done in SW lego before, off the top of my head i can rhink of the Corporate Alliance tank droid and General Grevious wheel bike.

Perhaps you could go a bit easy when factually the statement was correct...

I wonder if the minifig's faces will have that Tartakovsky art style.

I'm thinking that LEGO will most likely use the body and hair of the 2013 AOTC Anakin with the 2014 ROTS Anakin's face.

Edited by GeneralLego

I for one can't wait for the Azure Angel, just hope the price/parts ratio isn't too bad. The size should be similar to the other Jedi Starfighter sets right?

I for one can't wait for the Azure Angel, just hope the price/parts ratio isn't too bad. The size should be similar to the other Jedi Starfighter sets right?

Well from the pics we've seen it looks similar to Saesee Tiin's starfighter in terms of the overall design, with a different nose and, of course, the added turbines and wing-tips. I estimate it to be 350-400 pieces. Cost apparently is $40 so that seems like a fair deal.

Well from the pics we've seen it looks similar to Saesee Tiin's starfighter in terms of the overall design, with a different nose and, of course, the added turbines and wing-tips. I estimate it to be 350-400 pieces. Cost apparently is $40 so that seems like a fair deal.

I think you meant Plo Koon's? :tongue:

Sounds like a bit of a generous estimate to me, the previous fighters were around the 200+ pieces range - well I'm hoping for the best!