just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

Yesterday at Fan Expo Toronto. At the Lego booth. Was Lego movie give away day.

They were giving away the Radio DJ Robot minifigure.

Nice surprise since this was a promotional give away when it was first released.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140125123639/lego/images/4/48/Radio_DJ_Robot.png

Awesome! Hopefully he'll be popping up on eBay from Canadian sellers then. I still need him! :D

I just remembered there was a picture of the designers posing with all the TLM sets (where we got the first sight of Metalbeard's Sea Cow). Could the 2015 sets be there too?

And, does anyone know why there will be TLM sets a year after the movie release? Is there a short film scheduled for next year (like Frozen's) or something?

There's nothing in that picture that hasn't been accounted for with this year's releases. And they're making more because, quite simply, they've been selling really really well. Sales of The LEGO Movie sets were a significant contributor to TLG's recent ascension to the position of world's largest toy company, so they presumably see enough demand for another small wave of sets even without any continued media support.

There's nothing in that picture that hasn't been accounted for with this year's releases. And they're making more because, quite simply, they've been selling really really well. Sales of The LEGO Movie sets were a significant contributor to TLG's recent ascension to the position of world's largest toy company, so they presumably see enough demand for another small wave of sets even without any continued media support.

I hope the line continues as a staple for them.

Granted, there is a finite number of models they can produce, based on what was actually on the screen. New wacky citizen concoctions from across LEGO's various themes can always be created from scratch. And new micromanger models!

I honestly can't remember the last time I've enjoyed collecting a toy line so much. Every single set in the line is was fun to build, and looks great on a shelf. I'm pretty much fiending for the upcoming wave at this point (although, Ultra Agents has proven a decent distraction). :D

So how come there's no sign of the sets from this next wave like other themes? :S

Right? I was a little dissapointed too.

Oh, well. Well have them in hand soon enough. Less than four months to release now! :D

Edited by klinton

So how come there's no sign of the sets from this next wave like other themes? :S

They're on the site, but their boxes are blank.

Right, so still absent. Are they not ready to show them off? Odd, seeing as one has already been revealed. Unless one is a yet-to-be announced exclusive like the Sea Cow? That's the only explanation I could think of.

It is odd as like DC we have seen one and the film has been out a long time so no spoilers.

It is odd as like DC we have seen one and the film has been out a long time so no spoilers.

Agreed. Pictures should be up soon, since Bionicle and DC already have prototypes up.

Okay...this wait is absolutely killing me. I need to see those other two sets.

I can't recall the last time I've stalked the interwebs so furiously, looking for news. Hahaha.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but is this the retail D2C-set that we'll be getting next year?

It looks smaller than the one represented in the movie.

_1392399952.jpg

Edited by Cammo

I don't know if this has been posted yet but is this the retail D2C-set that we'll be getting next year?

It looks smaller than the one represented in the movie.

I think we'll get the Sub as a D2C, but that picture is just a render from when the movie came out.

Oh my bad, though there were some differences with the movie one. I should have checked...

On another note, I really hope that the Bad Cop set will come with a 'chair' for him to kick :grin:

Post your final guesses on who's in which set, and come back in thirty minutes (1 PM EST!)

Somebody guess and then the video will be up. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

Post your final guesses on who's in which set, and come back in thirty minutes (1 PM EST!)

Hey, could you perhaps not bring so much attention to you and your YouTube channel and just post the pictures?

Kinda hyping this all up for no reason. :sceptic:

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

Sorry to be so blunt but can you please stop seeking so much attention? It's not impressing anyone; it's just tiresome. Just share the pictures already and stop playing games with the community like we should be treating you like you're so important.

Edited by Meiko

Hey, I will when I get home. I already had this prepped. I wish there was a way you could save a Eurobricks post and post it at a certain time, but as far as I know there isn't. So if there is, tell me. This one I could just press the public button and put the link and then type a post like this and bam. The other ones I have to manually deep link that and I cannot do it from mobile as I am now. Don't bite the hand that feeds you or I won't even be motivated to do this stuff anymore.

Double-decker couch is probably the best of the bunch here! Has Benny's double-sided expression include a classic smiley face? I couldn't really tell due to quality issues on my phone.

No problemo!

Double-decker couch is probably the best of the bunch here! Has Benny's double-sided expression include a classic smiley face? I couldn't really tell due to quality issues on my phone.

It doesn't because he has a smiling face with his eyes closed ( :D ) and then a grining face ( :) ).