Sign in to follow this  
sologuy369

Closed/concluded questions and answers

Hello,

First of all let me apologize if this is not the right section for Questions, but I thought it was the most suitable one, so here goes.

I have got a MOC to present, a Mosaic actually. But I don't know where to present it, as the picture itself doesn't fit in any of the featured themes either.

So, where should I post about it?

Thanks,

Do you mean "last TWO frontpage topics"?

They were posted before but to give the Minifig Custom contest maximum exposure we decide to remove them again temporary. And now they are back!

It's like magic :classic:

Just reading this topic about underage members, I have a similar question... I often see banned members who have only made between three and twenty posts, none of which seem to be offensive in any way. Sometimes I go through that member's entire post history looking for anything that could get them banned, and I find nothing.

Is there any reason this happens so often when there are a few members with 500+ posts who regularly engage in borderline trollish behaviour and only ever get warnings?

My theory is that, because of the competitions that often run here, some members try to create multiple accounts to boost their own votes, but I have no idea how you'd identify such a fake account.

Whilst I cannot answer all the individual cases, all members who are banned get the chance to discuss the reasons before they are banned, rest assured each and every case is unique and treated very fairly by our awesome and approachable staff :wub:

So tuck that shirt in, roll up those sleeves, button that fly and comb that hair! Enjoy EB for the good times and don't worry about the mysterious seemy underbelly. :wink:

Sometimes I go through that member's entire post history looking for anything that could get them banned, and I find nothing.

Check the time in between posts. Often you'll find many thoughtless posts within the span of a few minutes.

Is there any reason this happens so often when there are a few members with 500+ posts who regularly engage in borderline trollish behaviour and only ever get warnings?

Well if you put a little time in and positively contribute to the forums on a regular basis then I'd assume you're cut a little slack from time to time.

LU!

Just reading this topic about underage members, I have a similar question... I often see banned members who have only made between three and twenty posts, none of which seem to be offensive in any way. Sometimes I go through that member's entire post history looking for anything that could get them banned, and I find nothing.

My theory is that, because of the competitions that often run here, some members try to create multiple accounts to boost their own votes, but I have no idea how you'd identify such a fake account.

That kind of baffles me too. Still, I see people posting nice things like "Cool creation! That's awesome!" and having titles like "Banned Members" next to their name all the time. It's sort of confusing when you think about it.

Sometimes I think they've sent private messages or something? Complained too much to staff because of a topic being closed? I came close to being banned

on BZP because I made my first offtopic. Sometimes, mods are just having a bad day, like everyone else- although they are smart enough not to let that get in their way. But that kind of "tyranny" doesn't really happen on these forums.

Admittedly, I was banned once for inappropriate behaviour and having multiple accounts, but that was in my younger days. So I don't suppose age has something to do with it? Or rather, not at least hiding your age from others?

That kind of baffles me too. Still, I see people posting nice things like "Cool creation! That's awesome!" and having titles like "Banned Members" next to their name all the time. It's sort of confusing when you think about it.

Why is this confusing?

Step 1. New member makes crappy posts.

Step 2. Moderator see's said crappy posts.

Step 3. Moderator does the moderator thing.

Step 4. Member gets banned and ther title is now "banned member", therefore all existing posts will now reflect a title of banned members.

Step 5.......

Step 6. Profit.

OK steps 5 and 6 are clearly a rip off of southpark, but still it doesn't seem that confusing.

For example, such member could be a previously banned member who made a new account without permission. We have tools to find such stuff out :wink:

In reply:

@Big Cam thank you for the answer, however I meant for the member who doesn't make crappy posts, like the OP mentioned. have you ever noticed this happening on EB?

@Bonaparte good point, and thanks for the clarification

I apologize, I think I got off on the wrong foot with EB. I did make a new account without permission, only because I didn't know how to contact EB, so once I made the account I sent a message to Hinckley that I had requesting to join EB again, but never got a reply. I assumed I was okay. How can I get back involved with the EB community and get accepted again without everyone remembering all that stupid stuff that happened two years ago?

Edited by The Eye

I apologize, I think I got off on the wrong foot with EB. I did make a new account without permission, only because I didn't know how to contact EB, so once I made the account I sent a message to Hinckley that I had requesting to join EB again, but never got a reply. I assumed I was okay. How can I get back involved with the EB community and get accepted again without everyone remembering all that stupid stuff that happened two years ago?

Actually, you are an excellent example for explaining how we work (being a previously banned member who re-joined by making a new account). As the first account was banned 2 years ago you might get another chance, but that will depend on our private chat which is made possible by putting you in our special 'taking a break' group. I hope this info on our procedures is informative and thanks for being such a good illustration :grin:

Anyway, the questions have been answered, so I'll close this.

Seeing as the 'website and forums' forum currently has three topics which were simply viewed, answered and then locked. I think it's about time we have a topic merely for asking little questions about the site, and its various features. So post your general questions here!

Isn't the whole "Website & Forums" Forum for posting these questions? I think a better way to keep the locked topics to a minimum is to make the newbies look through this whole forum before asking any questions.

Isn't the whole "Website & Forums" Forum for posting these questions? I think a better way to keep the locked topics to a minimum is to make the newbies look through this whole forum before asking any questions.

Yeah. Back in the old board upgrade thread,

I'm not sure why, but this has become a general EB complaints/suggestions/comments topic, even when the entire "Website & Forums" forum is actually for this. Thus we're ending up with a megatopic about generally nothing which will be impossible to find stuff in later on. I've asked people to stop, but I was ignored so all I can do is....

Sometimes that answer may be near impossible to find, especially for somebody new. if they don't have a place to put it, then their only other option is to start a topic for it. The idea is that we have less pointless two reply topics.

EDIT: Sorry, posterd during brickdoctor. So isn't that thead for errors with the site though, I read a few pages, and it looked like members at their worst. This would be for the Newbies to post their little simple question like 'Can I have a tag' and 'why do people get banned'. We'll wait for a Mod to clear it up. :blush::tongue:

Edited by brickartist

No. I don't see how a single topic covering all is better than a single forum. Nobody would read this... as I've said before.

Yeah. Back in the old board upgrade thread,

I'm not sure why, but this has become a general EB complaints/suggestions/comments topic, even when the entire "Website & Forums" forum is actually for this. Thus we're ending up with a megatopic about generally nothing which will be impossible to find stuff in later on. I've asked people to stop, but I was ignored so all I can do is....

Ta. :sweet: