Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Whoa. Was that a real minidoll or is that some kind of joke?

Futuron Friends! That sounds like a TV show lol

Edited by Massinissa

Futuron Friends! That sounds like a TV show lol

That's exactly what it is, just like the cartoons The Partridge Family 2200AD and Gilligan's Planet! Take a contemporary theme, launch it into space/the future, profit.

Oliviatron: product of Photoshop. That was my entry for the Eurobricks "Friendsify Your Avatar" contest a few years ago, since my avatar before that was a green Futuron.

I think there were some cool "Friends in space" mocs for the contest too.

I think that Galaxy Squad used clear windows instead of coloured ones because of the 4 colour schemes. What coloured window would go with the grey + blue, red, green & orange? I think it was a better idea to use the same coloured window for all 4, so that the only difference in colour for the 4 teams was the main colour.

Of course, coloured windows are better! Dark blue, red, yellow, dark green... mmm...

Old news!

Don't forget AC used trans black / smoke for their windscreens.

Don't forget AC used trans black / smoke for their windscreens.

You'd kinda expect that for an "on Earth" based theme. Clear or dark tinted windows. (Although, the not-from-Earth aliens used clear windows.) BORING! In space, everything is awesome, so windows should be cool colours!

What's really sad is the lack of coloured windows for most of the shapes. Actually, I wish they would just sell packs of coloured cockpits of all shapes and sizes since they don't seem to want to use them in regular sets. :hmpf_bad:

All those trans-clear only windows are limiting both creativity and backward compatibility by narrowing the number of achievable colour schemes.

Maybe we'll have to make a petition someday to finally have coloured windows and cockpits again. :laugh: