Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

(SONE Freebuild). "Lord" Vladivus of Tatooine.

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Vladivus was born on Tatooine, to red haired parents with a penchant for hard liquor and no money. From an early age he wanted to defy the Imperials due to the extortionate taxes levied upon his family, but his parents lack of wealth meant that he had to make do with a battered old speeder bike, a recovered rifle from the clone wars and whatever he could salvage. Once he reached twenty, in mockery of his poor upbringing, he adopted the moniker "Lord", and set off to visit various places in Tatooine.

One day, exploring in the deserts of Tatooine, he came across a strange beacon. It transpired to be a Rebel Alliance beacon.

14234205777_223f78dd6b_c.jpg

And so his journey with the Rebel Alliance begins.

My first build for SONE. I'd like this build judged.

C+C welcome!

Nice little build for your character introduction and again welcome to SoNE.

Greeting "Lord Vladivus", it's always good to see new faces on this corner of the universe (even if they belong to rebel scum :wink:) .

Beautiful start to SoNE! I love the speeder bike and the Tatooine plant.

Hey, a MOC from the rebels :laugh: .

Welcome @SoNE and i think the start of your story is great!!

Nice text and the MOC looks good to.

Wish you much fun for the next time!

BUT... EMPIRE 4ever!!! :wink:

markus

Welcome to SoNE, and what a nice way to introduce yourself!

It will be very interesting to see this story take place from the very beginning. I hope your character will grow out into something magnificent, and I wish your builds grow with it. But you've already made a great start! I love the design of the speeder bike that, while very familiar, has an original and appropriate look. Being on Tatooine, it would have been nicer to see the more used and battered look some more. You could mix several shades of brown to accomplish that, or even add some parts that are totally out of place, but act as a sloppy replacement or handy mod. And besides the bike, there is quite a lot to like. Take that base. I love it that you created an irregular one, because it looks so right. And that tree breaks the tiny bit of landscape up: you created quite a varied landscape with a minimum of pices, so well done! The little tower is great as well, and definetly feels in place. The threefold symmerty makes it very Tatooineish, helped by the round parts. Still, it might look a bit too clean. From a totally abandonned piece of equipment in the middle of the harsh environment, I would at least expect some sand heaped to one side of it. Maybe there's an antenna that got loose. Maybe some of the foundations are exposed, and maybe it doesn't even stand upright. You have plenty of potential to add something extra to the tower and make it somewhat less generic. That will make your character look more special and less random too. Not that it is now, of course, but you can always go the extra mile.

So I really am curious to see which way this will be going. I'm eager to see the fall of your character to the wrong side of this conflict! Especially if such fine builds will keep it company!

Thanks BEAVeR! Your comments are really helpful, and I'll certainly bear this in mind when I get to my next build. I'm mainly a castle builder, I've only made a couple of forays into Sci-Fi/Star Wars, and I'm eager to explore the possibuildities. ;)

Thanks BEAVeR! Your comments are really helpful, and I'll certainly bear this in mind when I get to my next build. I'm mainly a castle builder, I've only made a couple of forays into Sci-Fi/Star Wars, and I'm eager to explore the possibuildities. ;)

I've found it can be quiet the challenge to switch from castle mode to sci-fi mode. Usually I can't work on both styles at the same time. All my builds have to be in one category or the other for awhile. Maybe it'll be different for you though :grin:

Well, it's good to have you on the team. We've been needing some good Rebel builders!

Well, it's good to have you on the team. We've been needing some good Rebel builders!

Don't worry. I'm planning on joining the rebels when I find time to take pictures.

Don't worry. I'm planning on joining the rebels when I find time to take pictures.

Great! We are very glad to have you join our ranks!