mccoyed

Persistent MOCiverse for Sci-Fi?

All right, Bob De Quatre, time for a status update. Is everything proceeding?

Good to hear, I was worrid that the attept had failed :classic: But it is summer and may be other things on the mind

I think it would be really awesome to do something like this for the Sci-Fi section and I would be very interested in it.

I think it would be really awesome to do something like this for the Sci-Fi section and I would be very interested in it.

Be sure to follow this thread, then, because when Bob De Quatre gets this game online we'll need to start finding players!

Edited by VK-318

Colour me interested, this is something I would like to get involved with.

I would love to see a Sci Fi GoH along mccoyed's suggested line. GoH was amazing at rekindling interest in the history forum. I don't participate in SoNE because of the Star Wars angle.

My feedback on Bob's proposal so far is that a monthly challenge is a bit too frequent and could lead to building burn out.

I would love to see a Sci Fi GoH along mccoyed's suggested line. GoH was amazing at rekindling interest in the history forum. I don't participate in SoNE because of the Star Wars angle.

My feedback on Bob's proposal so far is that a monthly challenge is a bit too frequent and could lead to building burn out.

What we prepare is more like SoNE than GoH.

Challenges will be less frequent than 1 per month. We'll have to take into account the other games on EB and plan challenges accordingly.

Challenges will be less frequent than 1 per month. We'll have to take into account the other games on EB and plan challenges accordingly.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that issue. Since you are in fact an SoNE bigwig, you might be able to coordinate these challenges such that the SoNE admins and judges don't have to work quite so hard to keep up with demand. That is to say, if this is worked our right SoNE and this as-yet-unnamed game could have some sort of staggered schedule, with a challenge for one opening when a challenge for another one closes or something like that.

Hi everybody! I started this thread and am glad to see it generate so much interest over the past few months. I was recently asked to help out with the Scifi Theme role-building project and it's definitely progressing nicely! That said, the folks over at Merlin's Beard (which hosts Lands of Roawia, a Guilds of Historica-like role-building setting) had a few people split off to make a science fiction version called Struggle for Klegon.

SfK is going to be closer to GoH or LoR in style so I don't think there's much overlap with our project on EB, which is completely different and has its own exciting vision that is unique to the role-building games that are out there now. That said, it isn't ready yet and there's a lot of you who would like to do some community role-building in a scifi setting in the meantime, right? Because SfK is so different from what Bob and his team have envisioned, I want to be clear that I'm not trying to split potential membership or create some kind of competition so hopefully nobody feels like I'm crossing a line by mentioning this! Both projects will have different things to offer. I wish I could say more, but trust me that it'll be clear (in good time!) why I think they are compatible and why I personally will be building for both and having a blast doing it!

Edited by mccoyed