MassEditor

WoN Phase II: Battle at Hell's Gate

Wow, thanks everyone for the awesome comments!

Love the rocks, and also the sheer number of minis cramped in the border, just about to fall :)

Impressive scene.

Thanks! Those neon orange round plates have their purpose, eh? :P

Wow, such impressive and dramatic rockwork! I think that sells the scene even more than the excellent battle scene on top of it. I love that huge sweep of the rock bridge up to the final pillar... makes it look as if the very land itself is hurling the orcs to their doom. (sorcery perhaps?) Fantastic stuff! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Gabe, I'm glad you noticed the twisted look I tried to give the rock! :D

I love the rock work. How many uruks do you have? :thumbup:

Not enough!

With every one of your threads, you make my mind a tad more scared to hear the name of Anfauglir :sick:

Awesome work :thumbup:

Haha, thanks! Despite these dark builds, I assure you I'm a happy person in real life! :P

Nicely done. I really like the figure posing too. Them falling is classic. The rockwork looks great too.

My only question is, how did the orcs all get together in a group like that at the edge of a cliff? Where did they come from to get to that point of being cornered?

Thanks! It's definitely not the best part of the build but there is a gate in the wooden structure. It was much larger initially but it just didn't look right since there was nothing built behind it (because this had size limitations). It just left a white hole when I took some pics and some black cardboard behind the build didn't look right either. So, I rebuilt a much smaller door that in the pics is supposed to look half closed and help hide the fact that there's nothing behind the palisade.

Magnificent build! The rockwork is amazing and I :wub: the wooden gatehouse.

The battle posing is superb too :classic:

Excellent rockwork and amazing minifig posing! You are really making a great contribution to Nocturnus, keep it up! :classic:

As everyone else has said, outstanding rock-work MassEditor!

Great job on the palisade as well and excellent minifig posing (especially on the first line of Anfauglir's troops) :thumbup:

All together another awesome build :sweet:

Thanks gentlemen!

Anyone feel the power of Nocturnus rising? Like a tidal wave of blood?

You smell that? Ash, blood, fire? Smells like... victory.

Wow, that rockwork is just fantastic, so is the posing. The lava river really adds to the scene as well. Amazing build! :thumbup:

Just one tiny nitpick, the green line visible at the bottom detracts ever so slightly from the rest IMHO, that would be pretty easy to get rid of if you extend the border out an extra stud.

I personally would have liked to see a picture of the whole thing without the edges cropped, something to keep in mind for future photography maybe.