Barduck

MOC UP H-20-44

My latest MOC and second diesel engine, a H-20-44 in Union Pacific colors.

I started designing this baby when I saw a model of it on a modelrailway site (brasstrains) and found it to be quite challenging to design and build. Powered by a singel PF-train engine which gets power from a rechargable 9V battery (some cutting and soldering of LEGO wires needed :tongue: ).

Only when I had it 90% build I found out I wassn't the first to build it, someone else has it too and we have almost the same design though I think mine is 2 studs longer and his had a 9V train engine.

13982376758_5972ac38bf.jpg

14165703811_a49e3c3fb5.jpg

14165703471_e41b45f506.jpg

14169012155_a1811da4ae.jpg

14165702721_b1b13f65a2.jpg

14169073694_0b6192c959.jpg

UP H-20-44 by Barduck12, on Flickr

Enjoy!!

hi

this is a super moc, but why don't you tried tot fill in the battery box where you put the receiver module?

do you share the making instruction ?

sorry for my poor english

there's simply not enough room where the reciever is to put the battery aswell, not the 9v one I'm using and specially not a LEGO one. As for instructions, for the moment I'm not going to share them as, like I said, there is some else that build this model too which is almost the same and I don't want to give out instructions without knowing if he doesn't mind

UP H-20-44

UP #1366 FM H-20-44

I built this model in Jan 2012. You know, if you like one of my models and want to build your own copy of it there's nothing wrong about it, but I'd appreciate it if you'd ask first and give proper credit.

Hey bricknerd, my friend, is there any copyright on you own creation? I don't think so, otherwise you would start a legal case against who copies your engine (I'm a lawyer, Do you need help?)! Remeber: Lego is a toy, it's a game, it's a pleisure to share also with other fans! I think, you should be honoured if someone build the same engine!!!! I think, you have to use an other spirit!!! Despite Barduck didn't ask you first and didn't give proper credit!

Leg godt!!!

Regards.

Max

PS: was soll das???

For Barduck: please, give bricknerd its credit! Thanks.

I can only give him credit for being first but mine isn'nt a copy of his despite of what he thinks. If you look closely you'll see the differences. Mine is 2 studs longer for one, the diesel tank, or rather the part behind it looks better on his, mine has only one clip holding the bar at the cabin, I didn't do the arms on the bogies because I didn'nt even think of that, obviously mine has PF where his has 9V. That may not seem like a big difference but making sure the chassis is strong enough with a hole in the middle to pass that freakingly large PF connector is a real pain in the you know what.

So in conclusion, yes you made one first Bricknerd but to declare mine is a straight copy I can honestly say nope.

If we all follow that idea then we can all stop building trains because you can be damned sure someone will allready have build a version of it

Right!...

..and I dont want to stop building trains because .... my wife has other hobbies!!! :grin::devil::grin::devil::grin:

When I posted the pictures of my version of the Allegheny, which was based on Tony Sava's, did I not give him credit? http://www.eurobrick...wtopic=83927

There's even credit in that topic on Jayhurst big boy, one which I haven't posted pictures off here (not on it's own anyway)

Even in the WIP of my Virginian I'm giving credit to Cale for the solution he used on his challenger for the sloped window at the front of the cabin. A front without which I couldn't have redesigned her

http://www.eurobrick...29#entry1881917

But, as I said above, I've done this one on my own. They almost look the same, yes. ALMOST but not quite. You can be sure that if I had made a copy I would have given credit, don't know why I wouldn't.There's only so many ways you can build one type of engine and we both had the same idea about it. When I was searching for pictures I googled H20-44 because that was the way the site with the modelrailroad piece had it listed, doing that search there's no pictures of a LEGO version and so I couldn't have know you had allready build it. I assumed, because I didn'nt get any hits on a LEGO version, I could go ahead with my design. It's only when I used H-20-44 as search when I was looking for extra pictures that I came across yours and by that time mine was allready 90% build.

Edited by Barduck