KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Digger318 has posted that the store he get his figures from is expecting the Decool set with Punisher etc along with The SY Avengers comic set next week. Should see them hitting Ali about the same time and eBay shortly after.

SY Avengers set has now been ordered. I'll post pics etc when they arrive. Really hoping the Black Widow is a good design and print. Looks like the Iron Man is a new design also.

SY Avengers set has now been ordered. I'll post pics etc when they arrive. Really hoping the Black Widow is a good design and print. Looks like the Iron Man is a new design also.

Where from? DHgate.com is also another reliable site

Does Decool and/or Sheng yuan have a website where you can see their products?

They look good... I just had confirmation that mine have been shipped so looking forward to those arriving.

One thing I noticed from some of the larger images of the SY Avengers Assemble set is that Nick Fury seems to have a ginger beard. Whoops. Fortunately I've got a spare Nick Fury head so that will be getting used.

Iron Man is definitely a new design so hopefully they've done well with that one. I can't tell properly but it looks like there's a flesh head on Cap underneath the blue moulded skull cap so we'll see what's happening there but they do seem to have printed the wings at the side of the skull cap. Now THAT could be the best thing in the whole set.

Hawkeye needs to have his black slick back hair changed to the lighter version on the regular one and Black Widow needs a new head and red hair piece.

Falcon look like he might be just a clone but It'll be interesting to compare that with the Decool one coming out. Those silenced Uzis look quite nice though.

Actually... Looking at some of the previous promo photos for SY figures the images don't actually match the actual product (in that the actual product don't have some of the iffy features on the promo photos) So we'll just wait and see.

If they arrive please post a pic of the Irom Man, and we can see if it is another Mark that exists, or if they designed one themselves...okay that would probably not happen :D But you never know with knock-offs!

I'd say Sheng Yuan actually produce the better figures.

Their moulds are almost identical to Lego and their plastic is pretty good. On top of that, their printing and QC are, on the whole, excellent.

Both companies are producing some interesting figs but I'd normally go for SY now they've got their leg moulds sorted.

Which is better Decool or Red S? (Don't know what to call that one.)

Sheng Yuan I believe you're referring to. Neither is really better, they both have pro's and cons. Sheng I believe uses a better plastic, could be wrong. His legs and torso I believe resemble real lego. Decool has plate like pegs on the sides on the legs and pointed shoulders on the torso. I've had bad paint jobs from both, decool more but I have ordered more of his stuff so that doesn't mean much. As bootlegs go though these two "brands" are the very best and when the paint jobs are on, some of these figs can be really amazing.

Sheng Yuan I believe you're referring to. Neither is really better, they both have pro's and cons. Sheng I believe uses a better plastic, could be wrong. His legs and torso I believe resemble real lego. Decool has plate like pegs on the sides on the legs and pointed shoulders on the torso. I've had bad paint jobs from both, decool more but I have ordered more of his stuff so that doesn't mean much. As bootlegs go though these two "brands" are the very best and when the paint jobs are on, some of these figs can be really amazing.

You're talking about the brands like they're single people. They're companies.

That Hawkeye would look so much better with a mask accessory.

Can't wait for The Thing bigfig!

what lego has a mask accessory,, i cant rember or picture it,

7119441_orig.jpg

2 starwars sets,,

9842259_orig.jpg

and another captain america set,

with a black widow

792759_orig.jpg

and yes another ironman set it was 6 bucks,,

i need more parts for my custom guyes,

3236542_orig.jpeg

Personally, I am not a huge fan of these... but still, it does provide some alternative. I do welcome new designs if these are not based on others' designs...

However, I have recently noticed some new Dragon Ball and Naruto. I think these are pretty new. Just got to find some images though.

14410170943_2669eb86c7_c.jpg

14366891116_6fe00674fa_c.jpg

14366891176_3898883504_c.jpg

Not my images yet but from an eBay link. This is just for the Black Widow and the new Iron Man design as requested.

Interestingly it looks like the Hulk bigfig has a moveable head! Nick Fury's beard is brown and therefore not as prominent. Falcon and Thor look like straight clones. Cap has a flesh coloured head under the skull cap helmet. I'm not connived by the Hawkeye design... still room for improvement there.

Is that the first Iron Man design we've had in a straight red colour rather than the dark red?

Edited by Robianco

Yep, the red on the Iron Man seems way off, not dark enough for an actual colour of TLG, but not bright enough for straight red I suppose. Might be just the photo, but I am not really digging it. I want more Iron Men though :D

The problem would be the arms (I like to change em to normal, unpointed shoulders) and if it should be not an actual LEGO red tone that would not be possible.

Edited by KCMatze

These are from SY so you shouldn't have to worry about the shoulders. Their colours are normally pretty good too so I'm hoping it's just the photo. When one arrive I can compare to official red.

Just curious, where do you buy SY figures? I know Decool is aliexpress, but I can't even find SY on Ebay.

EDIT: look at these hilarious LELE figures! So lame! http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-lot-LELE-78000-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Minifigures-building-bricks-toys-Green-Lattern-Spider-man-Batman/1786058837.html

Edited by Tolkien

Damn one of the fake companies has stolen my designs!! Not fully sure that is is mine but when put next to the image of the design it it almost identical!! I will remove images from my flickr tonight. Although I'm a bit annoyed it could have been worse and the design is poorly printed and wierd recolour!

Damn one of the fake companies has stolen my designs!! Not fully sure that is is mine but when put next to the image of the design it it almost identical!! I will remove images from my flickr tonight. Although I'm a bit annoyed it could have been worse and the design is poorly printed and wierd recolour!

Which figure?

Just curious, where do you buy SY figures? I know Decool is aliexpress, but I can't even find SY on Ebay.

EDIT: look at these hilarious LELE figures! So lame! http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-lot-LELE-78000-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Minifigures-building-bricks-toys-Green-Lattern-Spider-man-Batman/1786058837.html

I normally get them from eBay but the last set I ordered from Aliexpress. I don't search for Sheng Yuan or SY... I normally search for a figure then put 'blocks' after it in the search... That normally shows things up. I found the new SY set searching for 'Falcon Blocks'.

These are from SY so you shouldn't have to worry about the shoulders. Their colours are normally pretty good too so I'm hoping it's just the photo. When one arrive I can compare to official red.

But in the pic you posted earlier the Iron Man figure definitely has pointed shoulders, not sure about Black Widow, but it seems so, too.

I brought The Hulk, Black Widow and im really happy with them. I got them as a last resort as to buying the figs on there ow would cost nearly £30 so I saved quite abit from doing that. I will be getting the fantastic 4 now as well as The Thing is a big figure

But in the pic you posted earlier the Iron Man figure definitely has pointed shoulders, not sure about Black Widow, but it seems so, too.

They're definitely rounded shoulders. :)

I brought The Hulk, Black Widow and im really happy with them. I got them as a last resort as to buying the figs on there ow would cost nearly £30 so I saved quite abit from doing that. I will be getting the fantastic 4 now as well as The Thing is a big figure

I've got a spare FF set I can sell you if you'd rather not go through eBay or AE.