Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

43 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I have another idea too! Collectible Animal Molds (CAMs) anyone? 

Friends had a "random" color animal that came with those play cubes, like a set would always have a certain animal, but there were 4 different colors.

I prefer to not have anything random , but the idea sort of existed.

Still, it was a chance for LEGO to do some unusually colored animals this way.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Friends/subtheme-Play-Cube

41669_alt3.jpg41667_alt5.jpg41665_alt4.jpg41662_alt4.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Perhaps Lego should create a theme like Playmobil’s ‘Wiltopia’. I personally prefer the non-city based ‘City’ themes. Give me Jungle Exploration, The Great Outdoors, Safari any day over Police, Fire and Construction. Loved the 90s ‘Leisure’ subtheme of Town - boats, canyons, rafting, air shows, campervans…

37 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Loved the 90s ‘Leisure’ subtheme of Town - boats, canyons, rafting, air shows, campervans

I see you are a fan of Paradisa! What's your opinion on a Paradisa revival for City? I know Friends is there, but its a chance to get young girls into the theme as well, especially if they prefer minifigures over the dolls. 

1 hour ago, The Brick Boss said:

I see you are a fan of Paradisa! What's your opinion on a Paradisa revival for City? I know Friends is there, but its a chance to get young girls into the theme as well, especially if they prefer minifigures over the dolls. 

I can’t see it happening soon (mainly due to Friends like you said). Would be nice to have some City sets with boats which are mainly for leisure rather than exploration or rescue/police etc. Something like the Sail n Fly Marina from 1994 would be good, a smaller set with a speedboat and jet skier and a tropical island based airport.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, The Brick Boss said:

Well...they call it City, but that's not entirely accurate. Its not really a theme about town building. The City theme itself is the job market from a child's POV. When you are a child, you think of jobs like policing (POLICE), fire fighting (FIRE), railroading (TRAINS), airplane piloting (AIRPORT), building (CONSTRUCTION), saving lives (EMERGENCY), sailing (COAST GUARD/DIVERS) and racing (2K DRIVE/TURBO WHEELS). The explorers subthemes are still kinda in the realm too, especially astronauts (SPACE). I think if anything, with the explorers themes, Lego is trying to evolve the theme 

Well then, they can stay

Just curious to hear your option on Deset subtheme. 

Is it worthy for Lego to re-visit Desert subtheme?

25 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Just curious to hear your option on Deset subtheme. 

Is it worthy for Lego to re-visit Desert subtheme?

I'd fight for the return of the Outback subtheme from 1997. Definately a chance for a kangaroo and bearded dragon mold. 

10 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

I'd fight for the return of the Outback subtheme from 1997. Definately a chance for a kangaroo and bearded dragon mold. 

Oh yes! But I never say which desert I was. Talkin about. There are American desert, Sahara desert, and Outbacks.

American desert - we need armadillo, vulture, rattlesnake (updated), coyote, etc.

Sahara desert - we need camel, snake (no idea what kind?), etc.

Outback -   We. Need kangaroo, emu, etc.  thankfully,  we got koala from CMF!

7 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

With that being said, animal molds sell just as much as rescue related sets and motorcycles. So they explorers sets are here to stay. The stuntz sets are too! 

Agreed.  But it looks like Stuntz is being replaced by 2K Drive. 

7 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Agreed.  But it looks like Stuntz is being replaced by 2K Drive. 

I think the 2k Drive sets are just here to promote the game. I doubt they're here to replace anything. Similar to the City sets from late 2019 to 2022 were here to promote the LEGO City Adventures series. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

5 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I think the 2k Drive sets are just here to promote the game. I doubt they're here to replace anything. Similar to the City sets from late 2019 to 2022 were here to promote the LEGO City Adventures series. 

Maybe, who knows? Only the Man Upstairs knows. :) 

On 6/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, TeriXeri said:

Town was full of those numbered cars  usually 1 being white, 2 blue, 3 red, 4 yellow/black.

Actually, it was like this. 

• 1 - black
  • 2 - yellow
  • 3 - red
  • 4 - white
  • 5 - blue
  • 6 - green 

10 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Actually, it was like this. 

• 1 - black
  • 2 - yellow
  • 3 - red
  • 4 - white
  • 5 - blue
  • 6 - green 

Guess it depends what era of Town, I mostly meant early town (1985-1993) , the core sets being 6381: Motor Speedway / 6395: Victory Lap Raceway and the cars designed around that, with the numbered slopes . And some other sets used the same colors for the numbers (6551: Checkered Flag 500 or 1665: Dual FX Racers, or 1992: Dragsters)

But I see the 1996 cars 1-6 in 3 sets from that year do use your colors, so you're not wrong :thumbup:

And then there was 1993 6539: Victory Cup Racers with another different coloring for the numbers entirely (it didn't use the already existing 2x3 slopes, but stickers instead)

And then the main exception from early town was the very first , 1984 6605: Road Racer with blue number 3 was different from the later design with lines (number 1 first appeared in 1985), and 3 became red.

Edited by TeriXeri

My ideas for a Paradisa revival. Paradisa is primarily centered around the leisure side of Lego City and is primarily targeted towards girls. I know it won't happen because of Friends, but here's a little dream wave:

• Gym - Personally, I see women now getting into fitness more now than ever. Why not have one of those? Compatible with road plates. Uses cart and skateboarding wheels for weights. 
  • Cinema - Friends had a cinema. Don't see why that can't be a thing with City! Could include snack bar, ticket window and one screening room. Compatible with road plates. 
  • Beauty Salon - For obvious reasons. Compatible with road plates
  • Swimming Pool 

Last year we finally got a grocery store, perhaps a hardware store could be next.

Mitre 10 in Australia gave away a store set with tins of paint and ACE hardware in the USA sell a store set and prime mover with trailer set.

I guess we'll have to wait and see over the next two years.

I would have to agree with The Brick Boss regarding a Paradisa revival in LEGO City. That would be a very splendid idea.

I would also have to agree with lightningtiger regarding the idea of a hardware store. That would also be good to have.

A Small Town subtheme of LEGO City would be also good to have on hand.

That's the best I can come up with. Enjoy.

Best regards,

Xeldritsie

Edited by Xeldritsie

A hardware store would be cool (especially if it had a bunch of printed/stickered parts and a bunch of cool minifig accessories)

3 hours ago, El Garfio said:

a Star Wars store

gEpZpUM.jpg

Nice layout! Cover it with some walls, windows, an entrance and a roof. 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:43 PM, Xeldritsie said:

I would have to agree with The Brick Boss regarding a Paradisa revival in LEGO City. That would be a very splendid idea.

I would also have to agree with lightningtiger regarding the idea of a hardware store. That would also be good to have.

A Small Town subtheme of LEGO City would be also good to have on hand.

That's the best I can come up with. Enjoy.

Best regards,

Xeldritsie

Thanks man! As I explained before, it would mostly center around female activity such as fitness centers, movie theatres, dance halls/night clubs, fancy restaurants and beauty salons. Female minifigs are the dominant minifig, though there are some men there. Basically a way of getting girls into the CIty theme. I hope it wouldn't do so well that Friends takes a hit because I love some of the builds there too. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

363799881_686458010190239_31654672434448

So far, Lego has given us every type of bus known to mankind such as a motor coach (8404), a hybrid bus (60154), a double decker bus (60200), a school bus (60329), an automated shuttle (60367) and three regular transit buses (7641, 60026 and 60335),. But we have yet to recieve a bendy bus. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

On 8/14/2023 at 7:18 AM, The Brick Boss said:

363799881_686458010190239_31654672434448

So far, Lego has given us every type of bus known to mankind such as a motor coach (8404), a hybrid bus (60154), a double decker bus (60200), a school bus (60329), an automated shuttle (60367) and three regular transit buses (7641, 60026 and 60335),. But we have yet to recieve a bendy bus. 

i hope that we will get set with bendy bus in 2024, but i think that if lego release bendy bus, it won't have new piece, because there are some sets that have potential bendy vechles like 60271 tram. but i hope that i will have loads of bendy pieces if it ever released.

2 hours ago, thminigab2 said:

i hope that we will get set with bendy bus in 2024, but i think that if lego release bendy bus, it won't have new piece, because there are some sets that have potential bendy vechles like 60271 tram. but i hope that i will have loads of bendy pieces if it ever released.

YES!!!!!!

On 11/1/2023 at 5:57 PM, thminigab2 said:

One thing Lego city don’t do enough of is busses, I’m surprised they’ve only done one double decker bus, I’d love to see a Lego city bus set again like a bus depot