8465587249_8dcac2ea03_b.jpg

I put this up on cuusoo in aug 2013, and it was at ~70 votes last friday. Thanks to reddit, then University of Pittsburgh, Then local media outlets, then a BUNCH of other people, like the Mayor of Pittsburgh, sharing it, it got up to 700 votes in a week, making it the 4th most supported project last week.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/43478

more info about the build here - http://sixf00t4.com/2012/06/cathedral-of-learning-in-lego-bricks/

I have no idea how to top the exposure than Pitt sharing it. it generated about 8,000 page views, and from what I can tell on the projects that broke 10,0000 votes, they were at +300,000 page views. So, my support to view ratio is much better, but dang, how to break that many views??? I was hoping to just break 1,000 to get a LEGO official comment, but I think that burst of supports will be the peak activity.

I would work with the groundwork a bit more, but the building itself is brilliant. Very well done. I like the use of the transparent 1x2 plates as snot windows.

That's actually a good suggestion, thanks. I could probably build a nice tiled grass lawn and sidewalk area rather than just the exposed studs as grass.

This looks really good! I have been to the cathedral of learning before, and know this to be an accurate moc. The only thing I would suggest would be to add a little more variety to the trees. Rather than a lot of 2x2s, put some more differences in there. Other than that this is a nice looking moc!

I did try to do that, but I agree, perhaps not as much that would create a nice detail. There are a few 2x3 plate based trees, and i added some 1x1 round brown plates the the trunk to add a variety in height. Definitely a small detail that could go a long way, thank you!

Or remove the surrounding trees completely, it's a great model and can stand on it's own. The iconic models in the successful Architecture series rarely have any plants around them at all.

Edited by henrysunset

Very nice! I'm in Cranberry Twp. Are you a member of Steelcity Lug?

lol. oh, Nick. "Not only am I the founder, I'm also a member"