Hi all,

Been browsing some old post about buying a reasonable volume of the same brick and have noted that there is some reference to K-Boxes that pops up now and again. If I understand it correctly these are the boxes that are decanted into the PAB bins on the wall.

Are these still sold by the stores? And if so how much? (Based in the UK).

Thanks

I don't believe they are meant to be available any more. I tried 4-6 weeks ago, in Sheffield and Manchester and got the reply that the head office had said that PAB was not to be sold that way any more.

I don't believe they are meant to be available any more. I tried 4-6 weeks ago, in Sheffield and Manchester and got the reply that the head office had said that PAB was not to be sold that way any more.

Thanks. Got an email back from my store too saying that they were advised not to provide these any more.

Has anybody confirmed this change of policy in the States?

Maybe it's being implemented to prevent bricklink sellers from loading up, but this is a really useful option for those of us building train or other large layouts and in need of specific parts (2x4 bricks for mountains, grass, etc.).

I suppose we can spend all day camped out at the PAB wall loading cup after cup, but I don;t think that serves us or LEGO.

In speaking with some staff it's confirmed. It's not just that it's a policy. The inventory control and distribution systems for the bulk brick store stock have changed such that if they sell you a whole box of something good the in store PAB wall will have to go without. The stores are basically getting what they need without a substantial surplus.

I knew they existed and have friends who have purchased them in the past. I guess that is a no go now. I think the price was good depending on which box you actually were able to purchase.

I guess LUG bulk is the way to go now for large amount of bricks. Although that seems to be in question also for the future.

Just getting into lego, could you tell me what LUG bulk is. Having trouble guessing some of these acronyms. :blush:

You should join a LUG (Lego Users Group) if you are interesting in participating in the LUGBULK program.

Exactly. You need a LUG near you to be able to participate in a LUGbulk. And not all LUGs qualify for it. There are a lot of semantics involved. I was trying to find a list so you can see if there is one near you, but I couldn't find it. Possibly asking a local LEGO store to see if they know of any LUGs in the area may be a good idea.

Repeating MaineBrickFan's question - has anyone had confirmation from a US store that they aren't allowed to sell the boxes anymore?