i'm not sure yet...probably a servo would be better because it gets to its original position

but i have only two servos...one for the gearbox and another destinated to the steering rack....unless i use an M motor for the steering....

or pay 40 euros for another servo XDXDXDXD

I would say the servo is worth it, I also have 2 servos and I think they would work best for all three functions (steering, brakes, gearbox).

yeah i know those wheels but i don't have them and mainly they don't look as the real ones :P

in the meanwhile i had to change the gearbox because the reverse was skipping...so it became a 4+N+R....and now the grinding problem is finally solved lol

zu32a8.jpg

Looks good! I know it would throw the geometry off a bit, but have you considered moving the top axle slightly and using 12t double-bevel gears on it? Those would mesh a little more smoothly with the 16th clutch gear.

yeah i thought about that...i'll probably do that for another big scale model...for this one i'd like to make the gearbox the smaller i can

but anyway it's not a big problem! and the clutch will help a lot :)

Would you mind explaining how the clutch works? I am still trying to figure out the internals, to no avail.

tim

here it is:

two separate pieces

with the centrifugal force the rubber parts make the dark grey rim spin

the motor is connected to the part with rubber things, the gearbox is connected to the rim :)

DSCN7368b.jpg

here it is:

two separate pieces

with the centrifugal force the rubber parts make the dark grey rim spin

the motor is connected to the part with rubber things, the gearbox is connected to the rim :)

DSCN7368b.jpg

Hello!

Tell me please, what is the big item on the left? From what she set?

In advance thank you!

that should be a rim of one of the model team sets from the 90's...you can easily find that part on bricklink :)

Hello!

Tell me please, what is the big item on the left? From what she set?

In advance thank you!

Part 2695, which is inexpensive on BrickLink.

here's the shifting mechanism

the original idea was from Jaco4 i think...i just made it smaller and with a servo

hope you like it

Basically what it does is making the shaft rotating 90° per time...so now i only need to clean everything and connecting it to a gear rack to switch gear

this guy here is using a different piece wich i don't have that could be really better...by the way it's the same system also Jaco4 had in his video...but he was crediting someone that i wasn't able to find...

the different thing between mine and theirs is that im using a servo and my "stopping part" is smaller

oh well, who cares XD

ok! the gearbox works fine! and the shift mechanism is precise

the only thing wich i don't like is that sometimes it struggles in shifting because of the non-synchro gears i'm using...

so now i'm updating the gearbox as someone before was saying:

1 stud offset and 20th gears...i'll update another video later to show if it works better or not :)

it should also give a faster speed for each gear :)

hope you like my dev's diary :)

Looks like a great gearbox! It's far more reliable than I expected considering the gears aren't synchronised. I look forward to the rest of this build!

Now it's definitely better :)

I've solved every problem it had, expecially in the shifting mechanism

It's still an un-synchronized gearbox wich means that sometimes the shift may not happen at first try but at least there's no grinding...

I've tried it on the ground and a single L motor is able to carry with a temporary FWD setup over 700g till the 4th gear reaching a totally unexpected speed XD

i'm surely gonna need a powerful braking system...

Before going crazy thinking a way to build the activation mechanism, i thought it was time to test the gearbox.

You can see it has the same configuration that the fulvia had except for the fact that i geared the L motors down to have a better torque...

I might use one or two XL motors at the end...i'm not sure yet

The nice thing is that the gearbox has such a small friction, that if you push it, it doesn't make any resistance....seems like there's no gearbox at all wich is good :D

I've used the perfect Nicjasno's mac pherson structure, hope he won't mind :P It's just impossible doing it better than that!

For proportions fidelity i can't add disc brakes to the front wheels...so i have to decide if it's better having a braking system directly on the main shaft or on the rear axle...

To be sincere the wheels are 1 stud too wide...but that's not going to affect the final look that much

ru05k2.jpg

You should probably try to reduce the steering link angle.

Hello!

And I honestly delighted with your Lego Ford Fiesta WRC, I especially liked the idea of ​​implementing the front suspension, very cool!

About your box, please tell me if you connect the CL motor, it does not tear this box? And because it will not knock out power transmission?

Disc brakes shouldn't be too hard to implement, especially in the rear. Have you thought about putting brake pads on both sides of the disk like in a real car?

.... have you considered moving the top axle slightly ...

moving that axle led me to an infinite number of lucky events that allowed me to put almost everything under the hood, fake engine included

so really thank you XD

now i just need to make the rear axle with lockable differential and brakes and the chassis is complete :)

2hzmg05.jpg

Nice job! Although the fake V4 makes it seem so tall, will you still be able to keep the proportions right with the body?

oh yeah! compared to the blueprint there's still more than 1 stud aviable for the hood :)

im just not that sure about the look of the upper part of the fake engine...looks more like a supercharged...i might take that out...hmmmm