Sign in to follow this  
ch_ris127

[MOC] Outland Ruins

"What once was a castle stronghold now lie in ruins as the forest slowly overtakes its stone walls with vines and creepers. Remnants of a battle once fought and lost remain under the shadow of the mighty tree, a grim sight amidst the deceptive calm and peace of the forest. Today, a swordsman has wandered too far away from the path and is now cornered by two territorial hungry beasts. Will he survive, or will he become another one of the fallen men in the ruins of the outlands?"

12606558515_ecbf29c380_z.jpg

Well, it's been a long time since I've made an MOC, but finally it's here! :excited:

It took about a day or so from the initial idea to final shots, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still have to find other ways to build trees though, because this is just lame considering the awesome trees other people have built here :grin:

The Setting:

12606973834_e0d9f1726a_z.jpg

Close-ups:

12606529055_301788ab70_z.jpg

12606613513_f84b102da2_z.jpg

That's about it then.

What do you think about it? Feedback and comments are a thousand times appreciated and welcome :laugh:

Cheers!

Nice landscaping dude Mrs:) Regarding CC I would say put the different colors of the landscape to flow together if you get me.

Edited by Gunman

Nice! I love the landscaping, and you did a great job on the ruinous look!

Nice landscaping dude Mrs:) Regarding CC I would say put the different colors of the landscape to flow together if you get me.

Hahaha, dude would do just fine (Mrs. sounds way too formal :sceptic:). I got you regarding the 'flow' of the colors; the transition from the green to tan was a bit tricky :laugh:

Nice! I love the landscaping, and you did a great job on the ruinous look!

Thanks a lot!

Great scene!

I don't think the tree is lame at all, but knowing different techniques is always fun. You could easily adapt this tree using the first kind on Derfel's guide, which is basically adding the levers on the top levels so that it becomes more round. It takes a bit of positioning as sometimes they aren't the most stable when using the levers but it's simple and doesn't require much parts, for a great, round effect.

If you have any angled plates, those can help with the transition of colors for landscapes.

If you are looking for trees check this link:

http://inspiredbrick...n-tutorial.html

Thanks a bunch for the tip and link! It seriously helps a lot, (I've never seen that site before either). Thank you! :wub:

Great scene!

I don't think the tree is lame at all, but knowing different techniques is always fun. You could easily adapt this tree using the first kind on Derfel's guide, which is basically adding the levers on the top levels so that it becomes more round. It takes a bit of positioning as sometimes they aren't the most stable when using the levers but it's simple and doesn't require much parts, for a great, round effect.

Wow, thanks a lot for the clear suggestion, I'll have to try that out next time :laugh: