commanderneyo

Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Lost Missions

Why the crap do they insist on using Jar Jar? What the heck is the matter with them? Seriously. I want to know what kind of thought processes go into supporting any use of Jar Jar besides extreme stubbornness? Want to alienate 99% of non-little kids? Throw Jar Jar in there. :|

The biggest issue with Jar Jar is the lack of character development for him. If they had him grow and mature he'd have potential to be a decent character. He had a few moments, but as silly as those episodes were, it was nice to have a couple badass Masteren Mace moments, and Mace centric episodes for that matter.

-'Skintas

Jar Jar's whole character is based on unfunny funnies. Accidentally aggroing stuff. Accidentally defeating enemies though some form of idiotic luck. Being an unnaturally lucky fool. He's the freakin' worst character in almost all of fiction. Only small children find him funny (I can't blame small kids for that, kids are stupid ;P).

To (mis)quote Micheal Scott. If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and JarJar I would shoot JarJar twice.

No amount of development would ever make him likable for the vast majority of people.

Spoilers

Man... the writing just seems to be going out of its way to make the Jedi seem ridiculously inept. In one of the later arcs they find out the Sith gave them the armies. The Sith are the reason they have the clones. They act like they have no choice but to cover this up. That's the freakin' most ridiculous and stupid crap I've ever seen. Mix this with the "chip" arc and SOMEONE has to put two and two together. But they don't. Because bad writing.

Edited by BrickG

Its a pity Lego has finished up with the Clone Wars. There were some pretty cool ships in the new episodes that would've made decent sets like the Frangawl starship, Mother Talzin's starship and Yoda's mini Jedi Interceptor.

I'm also really hating how they're making the Force seem more and more like Magic. It's pretty much straight magic in many episodes including the last one when freakin' Palpatine starts chanting a spell... Ug... freakin' prequels and Clone Wars...

I'm also really hating how they're making the Force seem more and more like Magic. It's pretty much straight magic in many episodes including the last one when freakin' Palpatine starts chanting a spell... Ug... freakin' prequels and Clone Wars...

I don't believe this is true. Many of the concepts discussed in these episodes are based on Lucas's original ideas of the Force and what it is. I feel like Qui-Gon's description of how the Living Force and the Cosmic Force are connected, and how he ties midichlorians into it, kinda helps remove any discrepancies made by the PT. It helps bring together the PT and the OT versions of the Force in a way that makes sense.

The Force isn't magic. It's very similar to Aryuvedic transcendental meditation in its belief that through enlightenment, one can become part of the universal field, aka the Living Force.

It's magic at this point. Cutting a hand for blood and chanting a spell is magic.

Also we didn't need to bring together the PT and OT versions of the force because the PT is trash. And I'm one of those guys who thinks the force is already too explained and lacks any real mystery anymore.

The Yoda Arc: Wow. I'm speechless. Amazing. These episodes are without a doubt the most significant in the series. They shed light on so many important subjects, and help bridge the gap between the PT and the OT like nothing else before it. Truly, it has changed the way that I see the events of the ROTS and the OT. I believe these four episodes are one of the biggest things to happen in the Star Wars universe for a while.

I agree, while it was a bit weird at times, I thought it was an extremely interesting arc and did a great job of bridging together PT Yoda with OT Yoda.

Jar Jar's whole character is based on unfunny funnies. Accidentally aggroing stuff. Accidentally defeating enemies though some form of idiotic luck. Being an unnaturally lucky fool. He's the freakin' worst character in almost all of fiction. Only small children find him funny (I can't blame small kids for that, kids are stupid ;P).

To (mis)quote Micheal Scott. If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and JarJar I would shoot JarJar twice.

No amount of development would ever make him likable for the vast majority of people.

I find immense amounts of hate like this over a fictional character to be ridiculous. Instead of comparing your hate of a SW character with that of Hitler, maybe you could just get over it.

The force isn't magic. There's a difference between the force and magic. The force is still mystical though, and it's been like that pretty much since TESB. It works in mystical ways, like when Luke went into the cave and fought that vision of Vader.

Palpatine chanting a spell is in no way comparable to a vision of Vader. It's crossed form mysterious to magic and over explained.

I'm half expecting them to be wizards and start yelling Avada Kedavra while shooting Force Lightning from their Force-wands.

Edited by BrickG

Although I'm not too fond of Jar Jar, I don't mind his appearances in the PT & CW.

I really enjoyed The Lost Missions. The way Yoda was perceived reminded me an awful lot of how we see him in the OT.

Spoiler:

If Anakin has the force, and a mechanical hand, how could he not pull up both Padme and Clovis?

Why the crap do they insist on using Jar Jar? What the heck is the matter with them? Seriously. I want to know what kind of thought processes go into supporting any use of Jar Jar besides extreme stubbornness? Want to alienate 99% of non-little kids? Throw Jar Jar in there. :|

It wouldn't be a Clone Wars series without devoting half the episodes to Jar Jar or Padme.

My biggest annoyance with these so far is:

They find out about the whole chip thing and that Dooku created the clone aarmy and do nothing about it. They're like "Welp, better not let this leak, lets all just pretend nothing happened"

From what I can tell the 'chip' and 'Yoda' arcs take place just before Chapter 23 to 25 and ROTS, there is no time to look at any implications of Tyranus etc.

They spent all that animation on giving Dooku a new, one off, outfit but couldn't remove the armour pieces from the Jedi in the 'peace' vision.

Darth Bane's voice was unrecognisable.

The Clovis arc is a series 4 arc pushed to series 6. I watched the 'The Disappeared' arc with series 5 (before the Ahsoka arc) so as not to ruin the pacing.

Fives!!! Noooooo :vader:.

The Force explanation makes perfect sense tying the PT and OT force up nicely.

If the Yoda arc does take place a day or so before ROTS (so a week before the unmasking) then it adds another reason why Yoda was doing so crapply in the film, he is being overwhelmed by all his visions happening at once.

The Nightsisters using magic to use the Force was fine, however having the most powerful Sith in the franchise do it was a bit silly, however it may have just been easier for him to follow the ritual rather than do it his own way.

I still hold the Ahsoka arc as the finale with the 'chip' and 'Yoda' arcs as a sort of epilogue, leading to the Battle of Coruscant and Battle of Nelvaan.

"Hey Yoda, nice to seee you back from your force drug trip. Anything we should know?"

"Order 66 Darth Sideous Dooku's hidout Nah"

From what I can tell the 'chip' and 'Yoda' arcs take place just before Chapter 23 to 25 and ROTS, there is no time to look at any implications of Tyranus etc.

They spent all that animation on giving Dooku a new, one off, outfit but couldn't remove the armour pieces from the Jedi in the 'peace' vision.

Darth Bane's voice was unrecognisable.

The Clovis arc is a series 4 arc pushed to series 6. I watched the 'The Disappeared' arc with series 5 (before the Ahsoka arc) so as not to ruin the pacing.

Fives!!! Noooooo :vader:.

The Force explanation makes perfect sense tying the PT and OT force up nicely.

If the Yoda arc does take place a day or so before ROTS (so a week before the unmasking) then it adds another reason why Yoda was doing so crapply in the film, he is being overwhelmed by all his visions happening at once.

The Nightsisters using magic to use the Force was fine, however having the most powerful Sith in the franchise do it was a bit silly, however it may have just been easier for him to follow the ritual rather than do it his own way.

I still hold the Ahsoka arc as the finale with the 'chip' and 'Yoda' arcs as a sort of epilogue, leading to the Battle of Coruscant and Battle of Nelvaan.

We see Padme not being pregnant don't we? Seems like there's several months.

Since when has Lucas ever been worried about fitting timelines together like that? Several months is a drop in the bucket compared to Obi-wan's age discrepancy.

Since when has Lucas ever been worried about fitting timelines together like that? Several months is a drop in the bucket compared to Obi-wan's age discrepancy.

You didn't realize 53 year olds all look like they're in their 70's in the Star Wars Universe? :laugh:

"Hey Yoda, nice to seee you back from your force drug trip. Anything we should know?"

"Order 66 Darth Sideous Dooku's hidout Nah"

I don't think Yoda fully trusts the other Jedi at this point, all his visions were pointing out Dooku having been his apprentice, as well as Shak-Ti being killed by a Jedi (Also this apparently means that TFU is now non canon), Jedi fighting clones etc. They also made Mace and Mundi act rather suspiciously or at least OOC, enough to convince Yoda to keep it to himself. He needed time to process it all then ROTS happened.

Padme didn't look pregnant in ROTS, I suppose they could have changed her model to include a looser dress thing, but only Dooku gets new clothes this series apparently.

Padme was obviously very pregnant in RotS. Dunno what movie you watched. Her stomach was there and she was wearing tons of moomoos. :P

On a brighter note Shak-Ti making TFU non-canon is good. TFU was never good. However, I really do wish they ended up putting in Revan and Malak in. It shows what kind of stuff they're (almost) willing to make canon and what kind of stuff they're willing to ignore. Basically KOTOR is the best Star Wars outside of the OT imo. Would have loved for that to become canon :P.

Lastly for the age discrepancy. It has never bothered me and should never bother anyone in my opinion. I've known 50 year olds who looked 75. I've known 75 year olds who looked 50. Lifestyle and genes have a lot to do with it. Obiwan probably led a pretty stressful life, mix that with desert life and the constant sun on Tatooine... and he could easily have aged bad. You might too if all your friends are killed by your bestie. Stress, depression (don't know if he was depressed but I'd say he was for a while!), constant sun can lead to looking older (directly or indirectly). Genes are a thing too. Basically it is NOT at all implausible.

As for Vader facing a similar issue, he was freakin' burned in lava, probably sad as fudge a lot of the time, probably stressed, stuck in a freakin' suit all his life... That could easily take a toll too.

I mean for all we know Yoda was just a REALLY stressed and depressed old human who got too much sun. So you never know! ;)

Why you use Jar Jar! :wall::damn::ugh: I hate him! Kill Jar Jar!

Because these Jar-Jar are the episodes that were almost complete and needed polishing for release, not just the best ones, there was also a Maul arc and a pirate / bounty hunter arc on the cards.

Because these Jar-Jar are the episodes that were almost complete and needed polishing for release, not just the best ones, there was also a Maul arc and a pirate / bounty hunter arc on the cards.

I think the question was more in the line of - why write Jar-Jar episodes at all?

These particular Jar-Jar episodes were actually almost ok, since we got to see Mace in action for once, but then again they were more of the classic nothing-to-do-with-the-Clone-Wars Clone Wars episodes. Besides for one line about helping out neutral systems, those episodes really had nothing to do with the Clone Wars at all and weren't even particularly good stories. It was only cool to see some new locations, creatures, and a bit of nice action.

What the heck is it with Anakin and his anger in these episodes? Every time he does anything he seems about to force choke someone. I get that he's supposed to show more anger than normal Jedi, but I feel like they've taken it way over the top and it doesn't even work.

The Clovis arc has Ian Abercrombie posthumously as Chancellor Palpatine.

I'm kind of happy for him that his last work was showing his talents of evil voices with Siddious vs. Maul. Hearing him again was a bit strange.

Ok, I just saw the episodes. Where to start...

1) "Chip" and "Syfo Dias" episodes are not enough to bring a dozen of the wisest beings in the galaxy put a finger on their forehead and say "hey, if the Sith gave us an army and then this army has had a chip with secret code since the earliest inception phase AND one of the clones with this chip malfunctioned and shot a Jedi, maybe, just maybe, euh, how to say, we're being played? Nahh, these aren't the (freaking MONUMENTAL) clues you are looking for, move along..."

2) Put a Jar Jar in one of the 13 episodes that are supposed to give us THE answers we are looking for a ton of loose ends (and it's not a jubilee episode that would become a mother of all merchandising with a classic "MISSA DEAD"...) is... no comment. Put him in two episodes? Well, to quote one of the previous posters that made me laugh like crazy with the story about a room, Hitler, Bin Laden, Jar Jar and a pistol with two bullets. Scratch Jar-Jar, put Dave Filoni. No amount of Windu-coolness can compensate that.

3) Yoda. Yes, beautiful animation, great acting, Korriban at long last (yes it's Korriban, Disney $%@*), all great. But WTF?!?!?!? First, Yoda fought and defeated a dark lord of the Sith on Dagobah who instead of dying transferred his essence into a nearby tree and that was hundreds of years before Clone wars, thanks Mickey friggin Mouse for destroying another piece of canon I actually cared about (I can forgive you trying to squeeze a few more coins out of Maul cash-cow, but not THIS!) Oh, INCIDENTALLY, it is because of this tree and its resident evil that Yoda chose Dagobah as his refuge after getting his a$$ served to him on a silver platter by the Emperor, because he knew that the dark side of the Force emanating from that tree would shield his light from Emperor's gaze. So, you might want to reconsider your recruitment decision for the "Keeper of the Holocron" position coz this one is obviously not doing a stellar job so far.

Then, as someone mentioned, yes, let's just keep the rest of the Jedi Order in the dark about everything you discovered, it's a very wise decision. Especially don't try to check on the industrial complex on Coruscant. Too dark. Wtf...

4) Political episodes were good, masterfully orchestrated, although the acting of the Clovis guy was pathetic. And yeah, just throw another wtf moment for good measure. But next time please, add some humor to it, for example, when you are about to have Anakin hold Clovis and Padme over an abyss, stretching his muscles and electrical circuits, have a Jar-Jar fly by on a rainbow unicorn and shout: Ani, should missa call on some bombad Jedi to help youssa? It would kind break the paralyzing wtf-numbness of the viewers and make us laugh. And then still make unicorn explode for the aforementioned merchandising sake...

5) Rex? Ahsoka? Ventress? Shaak-Ti (it would be kinda cool to know just how many lives she has...)?

Sorry for the rant, I've been waiting for these episodes for a whole year. I got good acting, great animations but the rest...? Come on Disney, you had a perfect opportunity to bring us 13 really mature adult episodes, no kid is going to watch them, they moved on meanwhile. It's a fandom territory. You totally failed on that account.