Sign in to follow this  
DarthTwoShedsJackson

Star Destroyer Bridge WIP-MOC

This weekend I had some time for Lego again, and started to build the bridge of a Star Destroyer. It is based off imagery from the Clone Wars series - especially the beginning of the season 1 episode Jedi Crash - but I guess I could also use it for my OT minifigs.

I plan to make this one as big as my brick collection allows, which is now pretty huge already. I'd like to add the large room behind the commando bridge part shown here, and a level below, connected by two turbolifts.

Here's what I've got so far. The outside is built very clean, and the windows look on the outside like here on the inside:

BridgeWIP.jpg

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Oh please please please be the one person that takes it too far and builds a full size minifig scale SD!!!

Back to real life, that looks really nice already and instantly recognisable, and I loved the episode where it crashed on the planet. Will you be making it clean or look like it is the crashed version?

I'm glad you like it so far.

I just watched the episode, and the vessel that crashed on the Lurmen's planet was a smaller craft - the republic frigate or something - which Anakin, Rex and Ahsoka used to save Aayla and Bly from their lost Venator Star Destroyer. The bridge of that ship is much smaller than this one, of course. So long story short, it will be a clean version.

Oh please please please be the one person that takes it too far and builds a full size minifig scale SD!!!

I actually tried designing one in my head the past few weeks, but a ISD that even approaches minifig scale would be impossibly large, over 400 studs long.

This is mainly due to the fact that an ISD would need a secondary hangar that has to be able to contain a Lambda class shuttle (The one from Imperial Inspection, which is considered small, is 23 bricks high). That is the underside of the length, because if you want to be able to contain a Tantive IV, 10198 is about 65 studs long. The primary hangar is about 180-190 meters long, so 1/8 of an ISD. That would make a 520 stud long ISD, over 4 meters long! :ugh:

Back to reality as well, I can't wait to see more of this!

I actually tried designing one in my head the past few weeks, but a ISD that even approaches minifig scale would be impossibly large, over 400 studs long.

This is mainly due to the fact that an ISD would need a secondary hangar that has to be able to contain a Lambda class shuttle (The one from Imperial Inspection, which is considered small, is 23 bricks high). That is the underside of the length, because if you want to be able to contain a Tantive IV, 10198 is about 65 studs long. The primary hangar is about 180-190 meters long, so 1/8 of an ISD. That would make a 520 stud long ISD, over 4 meters long! :ugh:

No, that would be a System-scale model, not minifig scale. An Imperial-II is 1600 meters long. Minifig scale is about 1:44 (minifigs generally held to be around the 6ft/1.8m mark. A minifig-scale ISD is closer to the four to five thousand stud, thirty to forty meter range.

Great beginning! The bridge looks very recognizable with all those smooth shapes. You've integrated those 'windows' very well in your build. The very modest greebling is working for me too.

Seeing this grow would be amazing. i'm eagerly awaiting that lower level and those elevators. And who knows... maybe one of those big but lovely radar orbs on top...

look really nice, and yup, a minifig SD is just impossible, maybe if one of us is a multi millionary $$$ and got a really big hangar and a lot of patience:)

Looks promising DarthTwoShedsJackson. I created a simple Ventor bridge back in 2012 to show the Emperors new weapon. I like how the windows are shaping up. My build looked terrible from the out side and was only made to be seen from the interior. My main problem as always is part selection and tying to create what you want out of a limited element range. Good luck and cant wait to see the final MOC.