here is the U 500 version

12968451615_0d9eed363b_z.jpg

U 500 wheelcover von efferman auf Flickr

Very nice, is it possible to increase the offset of the ring which protects the bolts and maybe reduce the 'depth' of the rim? In case of the standard rims of the U500, the ring sticks a bit out of the tyres. I gues this could be achieved by adding a bushing as a spacer behind the cover, but will this result in a gap between the cover and the rims?

Keep up the good work!

WOW!!!

Can't wait to get my covers for the U406. Do you have an overall picture?

Pat

Why yes I do............

640x853.jpg

Makes this MOC very pretty................ :wub::thumbup: :thumbup:

yes there will be a gap, because the two sides of the rim are different and i dont want that the cover cant be pressed into the rim. the actual look fits good to a wide tire option, for everything else bushings can be used to adjust the height.

@ ritztoys, that looks gorgeous

yes there will be a gap, because the two sides of the rim are different and i dont want that the cover cant be pressed into the rim. the actual look fits good to a wide tire option, for everything else bushings can be used to adjust the height.

I understand, I'm happy with that. I think I'll order a set of covers for my Unimog and a set for my future 42030. They come as white parts, right? I need to figure out the correct paint colors to approach the Lego colors.

Thank you!

Cumulonimbus,

As a suggestion I used a brand of paint called, Krylon, it sticks very well to this kind of plastic. :wink:

This loader looks great!!! Thanks for the pictures... And thanks for the hint regarding the paint...

Cumulonimbus,

As a suggestion I used a brand of paint called, Krylon, it sticks very well to this kind of plastic. :wink:

Thanks for the tip. Is there something like a conversion table for Lego colors to RAL or Pantone numbers? I think I saw something ages ago, but can't trace it back.

There are tables with the RGB codes and Pantone of the Lego colors and there are websites with converters from RGB to RAL...

Those covers look spectacular on the loader!!!!! Just need some yellow axles now.

the ups tracking says that it will be today in my hands

edit:

they are here

12985486823_fe52cd3cb8_z.jpg

100_1007 von efferman auf Flickr

edit²

the turntable is to tight so dont order it at this time. but one is good to know, it is not possible to dismantle it

Edited by efferman

when it is this part why design one ? i dont think a printed part will be cheaper. or should it deliver a different functionality?

The original parts are quiet expensive, I think he thinks, that the printed ones would come cheapter...

this part i have wanted for years. if you order it, the holes need some cleaning. the pinholes are not completely round and the crossholes are very tight

I ordered my Unimog U500 covers. Since the 42030 is not available yet, I guess it's rather pointless to order covers for it now.

I'm curious about the quality and strength.

This is a big step for a Lego purist like me :), but I guess if Lego makes cosmetic wheel covers (for it's Ferrari's for example), why couldn't we?