just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

if the game had all 3 movies you would still oly get 16 levels. so that emans less content overall. now we get 16 level + however many is left for taba

Mmm, 6 levels per movie is the standard, that would be 18 in total. But yes, as it is I think we'll see 24 in all.

Are we sure the Hobbit's third wave release is October? That catalog seems older and possibly outdated? Look at a number of the pics for other themes, a lot of them have the confidential stamp yet they have already been publicly released for months now. The Lego Movie in particular. I wouldn't be suprised if that catalog was done up before the date change, much like London Toy Fair just a few weeks before. It's possible neither had the new, updated release date yet?

Thanks for that, Lego-Freak. So by a miracle Erebor will definitely be $120 CAD! It's 79017 that I'm worried about though. Black gate was US $60 and then $75 over here. So why inflate the price so much with this one?

The prices on all the sets are higher in Canada EXCEPT 79018. It seems to be the exception. Who knows why they have that one marked up so much while the rest are marked up much less in comparison, and one is even marked down?

Are we sure the Hobbit's third wave release is October? That catalog seems older and possibly outdated? Look at a number of the pics for other themes, a lot of them have the confidential stamp yet they have already been publicly released for months now. The Lego Movie in particular. I wouldn't be suprised if that catalog was done up before the date change, much like London Toy Fair just a few weeks before. It's possible neither had the new, updated release date yet?

But why then would the release date be shown as October at the NYTF, alongside the Bard poster stating a December release! :wacko:

But why then would the release date be shown as October at the NYTF, alongside the Bard poster stating a December release! :wacko:

The order of how things were made. the maganize booklet thing was the same one made for london that was given at NY toy fair. changing the text on one sign is easier than changing the book thing.

I like the confirmed post from the TF, at least gives me comfort that all signifcant parties across the 6 will be covered, with exception of gonforian soldiers, a balrog, nazgul and Sauron.

I like the confirmed post from the TF, at least gives me comfort that all signifcant parties across the 6 will be covered, with exception of gonforian soldiers, a balrog, nazgul and Sauron.

???

Isn't that for the LOTR thread?

The order of how things were made. the maganize booklet thing was the same one made for london that was given at NY toy fair. changing the text on one sign is easier than changing the book thing.

Exactly. Which seems more likely, all the stuff stating an October release is just older, out of date material OR the poster at NYTF was a misprint and stated December when the release date is still October? I doubt Lego is going to go through and create a whole new book every time there are a few updates.

I'm not sure about that, that catalogue is definitely US-specific since it only features US and Canadian prices and contact addresses (as seen on the first few pages). It mentions specifically the American LEGOLAND theme parks and the US brand relations address :wink: Isn't it possible that the sign stating a December release refers to the movie instead of the sets? If it said "October", some people might have been confused and falsely expected the movie to be released in October as well?

I really doubt that the London Toy Fair sign was giving the movie release date. However, it is possible that it was giving the UK release date for the LEGO sets. Unfortunately they got the second wave Lord of the Rings sets a couple months after the US.

I really doubt that the London Toy Fair sign was giving the movie release date. However, it is possible that it was giving the UK release date for the LEGO sets. Unfortunately they got the second wave Lord of the Rings sets a couple months after the US.

Isn't that the video game release date?

I'm not sure about that, that catalogue is definitely US-specific since it only features US and Canadian prices and contact addresses (as seen on the first few pages). It mentions specifically the American LEGOLAND theme parks and the US brand relations address :wink: Isn't it possible that the sign stating a December release refers to the movie instead of the sets? If it said "October", some people might have been confused and falsely expected the movie to be released in October as well?

If the poster is for the movie, why is the picture of a minifig? TLG is usually not in the business of producing advertising for a product they do not make. I would trust a sign that was displayed for the public more than a press guide that was most likely printed before the change.

Everyone just needs to be a little more patient.

Isn't that the video game release date?

Amazon has the release date as April 8.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hobbit-Xbox-360/dp/B00GY4OBB0/ref=sr_1_1_title_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1393422372&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+hobbit+video+game

If the poster is for the movie, why is the picture of a minifig? TLG is usually not in the business of producing advertising for a product they do not make. I would trust a sign that was displayed for the public more than a press guide that was most likely printed before the change.

Everyone just needs to be a little more patient.

Amazon has the release date as April 8.

http://www.amazon.co...bbit video game

In Europe it's 9th of April :laugh: I am so pumped out!

Hey all, I'm entirely new here but an avid LEGO LotR and Hobbit minifig collector, and a huge Tolkien nerd for pretty much my entire life.

First, I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I did some searching and so far hadn't found anything concrete. Anyway, I've noticed that polybag distribution has always been hit-or-miss in my area and at the moment I'm mostly curious about the Hobbit 30215 Legolas polybag. If I understand correctly, this has not been released in the US yet and has only been seen in a few countries in northern Europe, correct? I own a hoard of 30216 Laketown polybags so I know TRU is still ordering them when available.

The one new bit of info I was able to find after reading through the forums a bit was a reference to this DoS blue-ray from Target that appears to come with the 30215 polybag contents. I have the blue-vested Bilbo that came with the Target blue-ray version of AUJ, but since it came in a small clamshell with no other pieces and this advert shows that Legolas comes with the flick-missile and target as well, is it safe to assume that this bluray will come with the full, sealed polybag and not just some blister-packed pieces?

I'm unsure on this mostly because I've only ever seen the polybags for Hobbit/LotR available at TRU in my area, but this seems to be the most logical conclusion to make. External to this, is it known whether the 30215 polybag is actually planned to be released outside of Europe? Is it intended to only be used as a promo/giveaway item?

It took a while for the 30212 Mirkwood Elf polybag to show up after 30213 Gandalf arrived, so it seems reasonable that it might still be on the way.

Edited by bachamn

Hey all, I'm entirely new here but an avid LEGO LotR and Hobbit minifig collector, and a huge Tolkien nerd for pretty much my entire life.

First, I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I did some searching and so far hadn't found anything concrete. Anyway, I've noticed that polybag distribution has always been hit-or-miss in my area and at the moment I'm mostly curious about the Hobbit 30215 Legolas polybag. If I understand correctly, this has not been released in the US yet and has only been seen in a few countries in northern Europe, correct? I own a hoard of 30216 Laketown polybags so I know TRU is still ordering them when available.

The one new bit of info I was able to find after reading through the forums a bit was a reference to this DoS blue-ray from Target that appears to come with the 30215 polybag contents. I have the blue-vested Bilbo that came with the Target blue-ray version of AUJ, but since it came in a small clamshell with no other pieces and this advert shows that Legolas comes with the flick-missile and target as well, is it safe to assume that this bluray will come with the full, sealed polybag and not just some blister-packed pieces?

I'm unsure on this mostly because I've only ever seen the polybags for Hobbit/LotR available at TRU in my area, but this seems to be the most logical conclusion to make. External to this, is it known whether the 30215 polybag is actually planned to be released outside of Europe? Is it intended to only be used as a promo/giveaway item?

It took a while for the 30212 Mirkwood Elf polybag to show up after 30213 Gandalf arrived, so it seems reasonable that it might still be on the way.

Welcome to the Forum! You do know the Legolas Polybag comes with the new DOS Blu-Ray right?

Hey bachamn, welcome.

I'm afraid I can't say for sure if or where 30215 will be released outside of Europe. As far as I know it hasn't been spotted in any TRU stores at all, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong. To your other question: I'm fairly certain the Blu-ray of DOS will contain the regular packaged polybag and not blister-packed as you say. I hope that helped somewhat.

Awesome, thanks for the welcome I'm glad to be here! And of course, thanks for clearing that up. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't already expected to show up on shelves before deciding if I want to just buy it somewhere individually as I'd want to hold out for the extended version of the blu-ray. I saw 30215 on BL for around $15+shipping from Europe. Does that sound about right? Ultimately seems silly to pay that since it's technically a figure I already have, but it's also the only LotR/Hobbit sealed polybag I don't have. Completionist tendencies prevail. :devil_laugh:

I also wanted to say thanks to all the major contributors here; before joining and reading through a few of the threads here I've been mostly in the dark about these releases since they began. I'm a very active collector of Beastformers, M.U.S.C.L.E., and other small vintage figures and contribute heavily on another forum, but there is little to no speak of LEGO there so I appreciate the time and dedication it takes. More importantly, a few of the other LEGO forums I'd visited seemed to have heavily...youthful, population... so it's it's good to see a more developed community.

It's very nice to know the tentative (mostly certain?) lineup for wave 3 of Hobbit stuff as well as there still being hope for another wave of LotR in 2015. I'm also looking forward to the resolution of the Smaug/dragon mold debate. :head_back:

Edited by bachamn

Yeah. The safe suspicion is rather than make new packaging and a custom fig, they are just stuffing the Existing Legolas Polybad into the set box with the BluRay.

Awesome, thanks for the welcome I'm glad to be here! And of course, thanks for clearing that up. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't already expected to show up on shelves before deciding if I want to just buy it somewhere individually as I'd want to hold out for the extended version of the blu-ray. I saw 30215 on BL for around $15+shipping from Europe. Does that sound about right? Ultimately seems silly to pay that since it's technically a figure I already have, but it's also the only LotR/Hobbit sealed polybag I don't have. Completionist tendencies prevail. :devil_laugh:

I also wanted to say thanks to all the major contributors here; before joining and reading through a few of the threads here I've been mostly in the dark about these releases since they began. I'm a very active collector of Beastformers, M.U.S.C.L.E., and other small vintage figures and contribute heavily on another forum, but there is little to no speak of LEGO there so I appreciate the time and dedication it takes. More importantly, a few of the other LEGO forums I'd visited seemed to have heavily...youthful, population... so it's it's good to see a more developed community.

It's very nice to know the tentative (mostly certain?) lineup for wave 3 of Hobbit stuff as well as there still being hope for another wave of LotR in 2015. I'm also looking forward to the resolution of the Smaug/dragon mold debate. :head_back:

Did you see the new Smaug already?

12521588105_667b7733e9.jpg

Did you see the new Smaug already?

12521588105_667b7733e9.jpg

What I really like about the Smaug in the poster is his glowing orange stomach. I wonder if the real Smaug will have something like that.

Yeah, I saw the pre-order for the Target blu-ray was up (I'd linked to it in my previous post); like I said though I'm just debating whether I want to spend the $ on the movie when I know I'll end up wanting the extended version (really hate that they do that, but that's another discussion)

I had also seen the cover for the game posted earlier, but it seemed there was still speculation going around regarding size and details of the Smaug sculpt, but it's possible that was all before that image surfaced I suppose? I think he looks alright, but agree that it'll be unfortunate if he ends up being overly small. Does seem odd to have a brick-build Shelob but not Smaug, but I know other things go into these decisions.

Honestly the most exciting thing to me is learning about the Witch King/Galadriel figures in a low price set. I got together 8 of the Nazgul from the Weathertop sets and have been waiting for him to take his place. I understand it'll most likely be his 'spectral' form as seen in AUJ, which is fine with me as it'd distinguish him from the other 8 in my display, though I was really hoping for the full helmet as depicted in LotR, but I'm guessing that might not happen if he's being made with the same likeness of the video game character.

This reminds me; I'd seen a few posts stating we still needed a Sauron figure, when this technically is not the case. I took this photo to illustrate. ;)

post-121328-0-84937700-1393447394.jpg

Edited by bachamn

Didn't they do that recently with another bonus minfig, put the whole poly in the box?

Correct, Wal-Mart had the LEGO Marvel game with Iron Patriot. They just stuffed the polybag in the box.

This reminds me; I'd seen a few posts stating we still needed a Sauron figure, when this technically is not the case. I took this photo to illustrate. ;)

Hehe, yes I had that idea myself. It looks interesting, doesn't it.

I had also seen the cover for the game posted earlier, but it seemed there was still speculation going around regarding size and details of the Smaug sculpt, but it's possible that was all before that image surfaced I suppose? I think he looks alright, but agree that it'll be unfortunate if he ends up being overly small. Does seem odd to have a brick-build Shelob but not Smaug, but I know other things go into these decisions.

If the poster is accurate to the actual Smaug we'll be getting (and I think it's pretty likely), then we have a good idea of scale based on the claw parts on the wings. Looks to be about the same size as the Castle dragon. Maybe the slightest bit bigger, but pretty much the same size. I would prefer larger, but this'll work for me.

If the poster is accurate to the actual Smaug we'll be getting (and I think it's pretty likely), then we have a good idea of scale based on the claw parts on the wings. Looks to be about the same size as the Castle dragon. Maybe the slightest bit bigger, but pretty much the same size. I would prefer larger, but this'll work for me.

Yep, the body is big, like the new T-rex. And the legs appear to be the same as the 2013 castle dragon, if not then a very similar new mold. And the tail appears to be the same length as well. The wings are longer, and I expect the neck will be too, as well as being thicker. And the head also should be quite a bit bigger.

My power has been out for almost 2 1/2 weeks, first time I've been on here, very disappointed we didn't get any info from New York but Smaug looks pretty good.